Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Oh no cav, B&B? Really

:negcycle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Apropos of nothing, I just saw that Davide Rebellin is still active (through the end of this year) https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/davide-rebellin :psyduck:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Skarsnik posted:

Oh no cav, B&B? Really

:negcycle:

I swear he signed for Bora last week????

Also this might be very funny

https://road.cc/content/news/italian-amateur-accused-motor-doping-after-gran-fondo-295211

quote:

In 2017, road.cc’s founder Dave Atkinson and off-road.cc’s then-editor Jon Woodhouse were lucky (or foolish) enough to take on the Maratona, with Dave describing all the pain and suffering on those famous Italian climbs as “worth it for the views, for the experience”… oh, and the local food and wine.

While Dave covered the 138km course in just under eight hours five years ago, Stagni, an engineer and former volleyball player who clocks up 20,000km a year when he gets off work, finished his ride in a staggering four hours and 27 minutes.

His time on the day’s key climb, the Passo Giau, was jaw-droppingly impressive for an amateur: only four minutes slower than Egan Bernal at the 2021 Giro d’Italia, and three and a half minutes slower than Vincenzo Nibali in 2016.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 14, 2022

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

I swear he signed for Bora last week????

You fell for a parody account op

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Bernal is on the start list for Denmark tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/INEOSGrenadiers/status/1559148103499923457?s=20&t=4CmAN2HlaY-3XUKB69cuNw

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
loving hell, they juiced him up fast.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

goatface posted:

loving hell, they juiced him up fast.
Pressure hose in one end, suction hose in the other.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lol at the riders simply bunny hopping the protestors at the Arctic Race of Norway

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Lol at the riders simply bunny hopping the protestors at the Arctic Race of Norway

yeah that was funny

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Why does italy show gran fondos on tv?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Dumoulin’s quit cycling for the 19th time

https://twitter.com/tom_dumoulin/status/1559215107514720259?s=20&t=gBelI0A2Bbsi9LDV663J3A

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there is somehow a UCI Gran Fondo World Championships lol

https://trento2022-ucigranfondoworlds.it/en/routes/detail/granfondo/

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

First time he's retired with immediate effect (he took a break which some interpreted as a retirement but wasn't, and was going to retire after Worlds)

It's age group stuff, it's the former UCI road Masters worlds with 19-34 amateurs tacked on

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
one of the customers at a bike shop I used to go to had a US champions jersey from a road masters event and honestly I'd wear that every day if I had one

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’ve done exactly one gran fondo that I got for free and I don’t understand how you can make a world championship out of it. All you do is make sure you’re the last man through the timing gate, hammer 10 minutes of power then ride z1 for awhile and repeat.

Some of the worst descending I’ve ever seen in my life too and that’s never a timed part either lol

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

one of the customers at a bike shop I used to go to had a US champions jersey from a road masters event and honestly I'd wear that every day if I had one

Can confirm. Wish I could still wear mine. Maybe next year.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/PhilippeGilbert/status/1559456657381408773?t=TCuPgpf9qoqrO1u6yb1Kuw&s=19

:3:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
What a weird looking stage

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is that a sprint point at 168km? That's just cruel.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the 2009 giro had some great "on crack" stages, this one is my favorite

also maybe the most hardcore ITT in the modern era

:sickos:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Nairo's been DQd from the TDF by the UCI for use of Tramadol

https://www.uci.org/pressrelease/uci-statement-concerning-nairo-quintana-rojas/7DIAQXAGCJPfb3Axi6BW3W

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

lol

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bintana

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lmao

But didn't even cop a ban. Sad!

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Still surprised he didn’t get DQ’d for when he was hanging off the back of a motorbike

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

peanut- posted:

Still surprised he didn’t get DQ’d for when he was hanging off the back of a motorbike

He got time penalized iirc

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How does he not cop any additional ban for that? At least token ban him from some races he was never going to attend.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

goatface posted:

How does he not cop any additional ban for that? At least token ban him from some races he was never going to attend.

The ignominy of losing a 6th place in the TdF is punishment enough!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Who pops up for a bonus top ten position?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Skarsnik posted:

Who pops up for a bonus top ten position?

Valentin Madouas from FDJ https://firstcycling.com/race.php?r=17&y=2022

Presumably Arkea also loses a bunch of UCI points that Nairo earned at the Tour - probably not enough to keep them from getting promoted to the WT, but makes it a little bit closer at least.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ah a French rider

Makes sense now :shuckyes:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

goatface posted:

It's not actually a WADA banned substance, the UCI rules on tramodol being banned are separate and a first violation is a DQ

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's not actually a WADA banned substance, the UCI rules on tramodol being banned are separate and a first violation is a DQ

Ah. Fair enough.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Swiss gold and silver in the Euro time trial.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

IMO he should claim he got it from kissing Geraint Thomas

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

goatface posted:

Swiss gold and silver in the Euro time trial.

Plus a gold for Reusser in the women's TT. If only someone gave a poo poo about the Euros :cryingrösti:

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
big HF to all nedergoons attending the next few days!

to any non-dutch goons too of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lmao Rui Costa ahahahaha