Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Extraterrestrial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Were testers on lock down from March to June-ish like the rest of Europe?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

iirc that was also at the start of the Tour rather than the tail end of one of the fastest Tours.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Holy gently caress Remco! You come in there like Seabiscuit, you don't even bother with your brakes anymore?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

GC Kuss confirmed.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

smh pog can’t even beat a guy who came 3rd in the Vuelta

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Pog must not be confident of his form if he has to attack while Rog was having a nap.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Crazy them letting Pog lead down this hill

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Rog doesn’t need to try now that’s he’s sign a new mega contract.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Going to be hard to get to the line with cramps and 10k to go

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Big distance makes you stupid

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

offering UCI World Tour Cyber Bullying packages for aspiring pros, weekend warriors and dentists from $500/month. hmu

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

In a way it’s a shame Rog left Jumbo as now if Jonas falters in the tdf for whatever reason Pog would have had a good shot on a Giro Tour double. I dont see it happening without severe mishaps for both Rog and Jonas.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Wait so I’m paying 6 euro something to Eurosports now and they throw long adverts for Eurosports into the CX coverage. Am I missing something?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

colonel tom posted:

There should be a non-commercial feed. If the name has E1 or E2 it's the TV simulcast and it will have commercials so look for the one that doesn't have that.

Thank you very much, this calmed me considerably.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

What’s the credibility of a random twitter user?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Eurosports app won’t show me VOD or live stream of CX races only sort 3min vids. Have to use the browser and then guess between >4 different thumbnails which one will be ad free and in English.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

amenenema posted:

Can we get a petition going to disallow commentators from all yelling "OH NO OH MY GOODNESS OH GOSH OH HOW TERRIBLE" or similar when the camera cuts to a crash? Bob, Phil, and Christian are the worst offenders. It's so weird the way their tone always changes to something you'd expect from a reporter in New York on 9/11.

Pre-covid before the rise of remote commentary, they would spend time in proximity with riders over the years, the riders are people they know first hand. I can’t fault them for defaulting to genuine concern than a stiff upper lip.

On a personal level since my last hard crash I can’t watch riders go down without my blood going cold. They may also have similar traumas.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I got this avatar because I complained too much about the commentators bringing up the boundary walls every 5 minutes when the Tour was in Yorkshire.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Hands down the most exciting men’s race of the season. Worth watching from start to finish.

Women’s race was really good too but they’ve had a lot of good close races all season.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Retirement must be going well

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

It is really situational so you’ll also see team mates racing each other for points or GC. Riders will go to the front of chase groups and slow it down or make rivals go the long way around to help their rider up the road.

Pocket fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Feb 4, 2024

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Strade course recon from Puck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvbywJlhK8M

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Woman’s race: I don’t think Puck has enough endurance yet, Omloop she was in the 2nd group but cooked, today again looked good but the race was a bit too long to hold the lead group. She’s going to win a big road race soon, probably next year cause the rest just have that bit extra in reserve.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Is pog actually going to go from 80k?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Kuss looked back and seemed to let him go.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

What’s the new juice UAE have got?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Looks like he hit his dick

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

With the decent moto pacing he’s getting the gap will not go down.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

If the gap hits 3 minutes I’m going to do something else.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Shocking racing I say from my sofa. Anyway I’m off enjoy the rest.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

wooger posted:

Ayuso is about 6 or 7kg heavier, and is also a top GC guy, he kind of should be beating Vingegard in a pan flat 10km time trial.

Though really, for riders this far off trying to peak for the TdF it’s always a bit random.

Also everyone has completely fresh legs, week 3 TT in a GT totally different story.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Rog not able to follow on uphill sprints today. Also wtf were those clown tactics from the big teams letting plapp go up the road?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

People on the internet will laugh at you.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Terrible weather at PN today

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Hutzpah posted:

Didn't he use a dropper post that year to nail the descent? The dude was riding in the gutters.

He was also moto-paced down the hill from the chasers.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Zwift is still more boring than this race coverage.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Pippo looking lean could explain his lack of power and form as of late.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Race begins now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Getting to tell the lads you started the Poggio solo is something