Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

Make a shit-load of noise, not war.

Are there any indications that the new season is going to go ahead as planned? I'm trying to decide if I get the sports tv package back on (first world problems) but cycling is the only thing I really would be getting it for.
I just can't tell if Europe is stable enough yet. They're not melting down like USA but the sporadic outbreaks and local lockdowns must be causing some concern with the governing bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

Exactly, like we might get the first couple of races and then they find a few riders have it and that's it until next year.

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

That's what makes it so uncertain, but even if 50% of the races go ahead maybe they'd consider the season a success?

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

I decided I'm not getting the sports package. Seems like second wave is happening in Europe so I can't imagine more than a few races going on. If I'm wrong I'll just watch them on youtube.

The Tour of California was always a bit strange, they'd have a few cool stages but lots of boring ones too, plus the commentary always sucked. Maybe when America finishes collapsing and California becomes the Federated states of the West Coast along with a few others, a new, better race can develop.

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

Off topic but I thought I had seen all the cool old docos on youtube and then I found this the other day looking for something else. Some sweet bikes in there, and some old pros in the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mmHOcDxWYQ

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

also the Basque tour is consistently the best one weeker, love tbis race to death

Yeah all the Spanish stage races this time of year are great but the Basque is the best.

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

Caja Rural consistently has the best kit each year I reckon. Their bikes aren't as nice as those dark green De-Rosa's they had a year or two ago but they aren't bad. The team Rally would look better if they had the logo in orange on a white band around them sort of like the old lotto ones.

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

Is it bad that until today I thought TeJay Van Garderen had retired?

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

Probably sucks for them to have to get up so early for a race but it's nice to be able to watch La Course live, actually live not recorded overnight and watched in the morning.

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

Love the grin on van der Breggen's face in the slow mo of the finish, after setting everyone off.

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

Crying here right now

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheRaceRadio/status/1410052664067444741

I hope he does well, just because it's cool to see someone use the power of the jersey to do something extraordinary.

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

This tour is too emotional already, I keep getting all choked up every stage.

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

It made me so happy to see Thomas suck this tour.

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

Love to see Matthews beaten on the line again.

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

One of the helicopter cameras has a dead pixel or something, it's only one of them and it's really noticable when they use it. Has been all season. Not a complaint just amusing and also I keep thinking the tv has a problem and then being "oh yeah the helicopter".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoudPipesSaveLives
Apr 30, 2007

Definitely seems bigger