Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Imagine the TTT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/status/1295979544340553728?s=20

No Thomas or Froome for the Tour

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Rojkir posted:

Analyses show that everyone is riding slower than last year, it's just that the rich teams came out of the Corona crisis much better than the poor teams because they could keep trainers, food scientists, masseurs etc employed. This explains the dominance of a few teams with solid sponsors: quick step, jumbo, Ineos, Bora.

Sure, but should we not just be a bit suspicious that all of Jumbo are suddenly way ahead of even ineos?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Canít tell if the EF guys all stopped for Martinez or if some of them also crashed

Canít tell which grand tour this post is talking about

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Just copy paste it tbh

We can also make one of Teejay falling off the back

Tejay dropped
Whole team crashed
Carlton thinks Simon Clarke is gonna win

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Crosswinds forecast though!

https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/status/1324660716025032704?s=20

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

vikingstrike posted:

Donít forget shaming his own kid for racing badly.

Donít forget that time he was too busy filming to help his kid when he fell

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

He ainít getting GC but he might still get the stage.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I reckon heíll go to ISN, they can afford his (and maybe Morkov too) salary and Greipel must be retiring soon.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Lol Bernal didnít even realise he had won

https://twitter.com/INEOSGrenadiers/status/1393985874312978436?s=20

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Here is what the Giau looked like when I went in 2019:

Coldest Iíve ever been.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

There was talk of them taking GC times at the top, not sure if thatís still happening.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

peanut- posted:

Put the Dauphine on, there are 6 Ineos riders on the front of the peloton in case you missed them.

Remember that two of them are Thomas and Porte though. Surprised one of them hasn't crashed already.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Lopez just climbed Ventoux a minute faster than Armstrong in 2002 and Froome in 2013.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Fuglsang took a bottle outside the feed zone so might get relegated whatever happens

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Now who will take up the mantle of US cycling progeny destined to become a failson?

Itís already Kuss

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Cav v greipel on the champs, tasty.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

GCN+: all the cycling, no adverts!!

Also GCN+: have we told you how good Whoop straps are? Whoop straps are really great. You should buy when.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Also look at all the advertisements for our APP if you're watching on eurosport player. Its stretching the 'no ads' thing pretty thin.

Are they played on the Eurosport stream too? Might be falling foul of ofcom rules if so

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Ah yes Mohoric, clearly a good way to dispel rumours about your team doping is to celebrate your win with a gesture used by *checks notes* Lance Armstrong?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Jakobsen won a stage again! Heís probably nowhere near his peak but itís incredible how heís back racing considering the crash he had.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Bold move for Woods to attack on the descent

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Only the third ever medal for Ecuador

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Did AVV think she won?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Yeah I think a lot of it was arrogance from the Dutch team. Solo attack to try and close a 7 minute gap instead of pacing with the group, wtf

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Didnít work out, but have to respect Bernal for giving it a go

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Tbh if Iím riding a climb with a pro I think itíd actually be quite cool to see just how much faster they are than me if theyíre going all out.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

How many races have mvdp and wout lost because they just look at each other when a group goes up the road

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I missed this. Hope out of context clips it.

https://twitter.com/OutOfCycling/status/1515698292029546498?s=20&t=gOyNSNDmRd0OU7yB-GM_tg

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Is there some place I can watch for free, legally?

TV2 lost the contract for the Giro to Discovery, and I'm not exactly enthusiastic about a million billion commercials.

I know you said free, but GCN+ is 25% off a year sub at the moment, so itís $38. I was reluctant to pay but itís very worth it.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Wonder why Ewan didn't get given the same time as MVDP rather than a minute back

I donít think the 3km rule applies on stages with uphill finishes

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I reckon there was maybe a cheeky squeeze of the brakes from kamna.

Also what the gently caress was the point of ineos going full Choo Choo just to drop Doumulin?

I figured they were trying to put Yates under pressure to test him after his crash

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Pidcock out, UAE out, EF have lost 4 riders, among a load others. 28 DNS today after 16 yesterday and 4 the day before.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Looking forward to there being 0 infections at the tour, but a number of riders mysteriously underperforming and pulling out with fever.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

UCI have just dropped the requirement for teams with 2+ positive covid cases to drop out, and also appear to be allowing riders with positive cases to remain in the race. Iím sure thatíll end well.

https://twitter.com/nealrogers/status/1541793595056848896?s=20&t=qeBGMQFaxyf603WJYVA2Hw

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

My dog picked G, so I guess Iím all in on the Ineos hype train this year.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I still canít get over the fact that before this week, all the commentary was saying about how Jumbo and Ineos were going to absolutely send it on this stage, because Pogís team is so bad it would put him under a lot of pressure. And then he justÖrode off the front without any of his team

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

One of pogs teammates has covid

https://twitter.com/TeamEmiratesUAE/status/1545698634448207873?s=20&t=vuovQ-DozyUBCB-UIAlZoA

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I think Cort is my favourite rider:

"When I win like this, there is a small ritualÖ I have to go home in the shower, where I put Rammstein on very loud. Then Snapchat comes up while I skip around the room - naked.
Then I make the helicopter (swinging a penis in circles, red.). It goes right out to the closest friends, and then they know that it is going very well.
But that only happens with the big victories. The tour. The Vuelta. Otherwise, I do not film myself naked while I stand and swing with it."

https://www.bt.dk/tour-de-france/corts-klumme-jeg-kommer-til-at-lave-helikopteren-i-aften

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

What was the point of going in the break today as a big boi