Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

tylertfb posted:

Thomas hangs tough the rest of the race, takes 3’ off the final TT, wins yellow, we all boo.

Pog gets covid and pulls out or loses minutes

Jonas stays in yellow, tries to lead out Wout like Wiggins did with Cav in 2012, crashes out on the Champs

G wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I did see that Contador posted a picture with Schleck the other day:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgCn_hlM4er/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Wonder if those conversations are at all awkward

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I swear I’ve seen Vlasov drop every single day, how is he only 10 minutes back?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Lol Pog has lost Hirschi and Bjerg already

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Lol Bardet just like “wtf where did you come from”

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Heliosicle posted:

I would like to see how peak Sky stack up to Jonas/Pog + their teams. Would they have just been able to shut everything down? Are riders just faster now meaning Froome wouldn't have been able to keep up?

I do wish Bernal had been fit for this. I think he would be up there, although maybe Ineos train vs Jumbo train would have been dull

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Strange how Bahrain got raided pre-tour and have been completely anonymous since

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Why are puppy paws banned, but posting up with no hands when you win not?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Lex Neville posted:

yates out with covid

And sivakov

E: realised just now how bad Yates leaving is for BikeExchange re relegation

Pantsmaster Bill fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Aug 31, 2022

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Hes a dick head OP.

Personally I’m on team Anyone But Jumbo, even if that means Remco has to win

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Nobody should watch Lanterne Rouge

What’s wrong with him?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Roglic abandon

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

https://www.teamjumbovisma.com/longread/news/one-crash-too-many-for-primoz-roglic-though-there-is-hope-for-safer-racing/

Roglic blames wright for his crash, despite the fact that it was him who swung all the way across the road and hit wright

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Season 3 of the Movistar Netflix show is out. I’ve watched the first 3 episodes so far.

Amazing how in a show apparently produced by Movistar, they make themselves look terrible and the two riders leaving (Soler and MAL) come out looking good. What a shitshow of a team (and Mas comes across as a complete rear end in a top hat)

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Jumbo riders continuing to mysteriously over perform, I see

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

You also get to see the leadership talking poo poo about Soler for pulling out after a crash and them saying he shouldn’t have even though he was in pain, followed by him finishing a stage in the Tour with two broken arms just to prove them wrong. Managers seem like assholes tbh

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

The probable answer is that its just a normal TTT until the last 5km when its death pulls. It does mean that the weaker GC guys don't have to be nursed to the finish so they can afford to absolutely blast it and hope that the climby boi can get the victory in the mountains.

What I'm saying is thats its basically Yowamushi Pedal.

There’s a quote from the organisers saying “The tweak will also stop a whole team sweeping the top GC standings, officials said”.

This makes me think that stage time will be for first rider but GC time might be for individual riders?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

God those Arkea Bianchis are ugly

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Lol at all the guys walking, and De Lie doing it in the big ring

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I loved the Carthy attack then immediate nope. I’ve done that a few times myself.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Absolutely loved Yates’ look of disbelief when Pog just rode away from them all.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

God I love watching Pog race

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Personally I’m on team Anyone but Jumbo

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I absolutely cannot wait until he’s won all the other monuments and then spends the rest of his career trying to get P-R

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Lol I would not have bet on 3 Alpecin riders making it to the front group

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

why is there a movistar in the lead group at paris roubaix

e) fixed

Movistar are a classics team now, unlike quickstep

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Apparently Thomas said if they did the full stage today you’d end up with fewer than 50 riders making it to Rome

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

https://bahraincyclingteam.com/statement-regarding-gino-mader/

:(

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

EF have a better chance of a podium than Ineos this year

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Carapaz not starting tomorrow

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Why is it so hard to find out how many bonus seconds are available where? Same with KOM and sprint points.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Spent the day on Aspin, great atmosphere and got some good caravan swag.

Thoughts: Egan Bernal is a tiny man. Cav looks like he’s enjoying his last tour. Jonas looks like a skull irl

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Why is Pidcock even bothering here

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Where is the grupetto

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

We are like 5km into the stage and Ewan and Jakobsen are off the back already

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Distorted Kiwi posted:

All the sprinters already thinking “gently caress this stage” with 144kms to go.

And Gaudu apparently

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I have to laugh at FDJ not bringing Demare because Gaudu doesn’t like him, giving themselves only one option, and then Gaudu exploding and entirely loving their chances.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Jens Voigt is so much better at the moped punditry than Gilbert

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I admire Shaun Kelly just not bothering with the team radio and talking directly over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Kwiato back from the dead!