Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

So the US Jockey Club had their annual Round Table this morning, the interesting thing is that they brought in Greg Lemond to share his experiences with cheating in cycling. Talked about Landis more than Armstrong, but then near the end he said he thinks that cycling is now "close to clean".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

kimbo305 posted:

If he doesn't have any real contact, he's just guessing like the rest of us, right?

He said based on what he knows about their power whatevers, but yeah.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Smirr posted:

Ah, what the heck - I'm happy for Carapaz!

I'm ok with this as long as he isn't riding for Binios.

And on that note, the nbcolympics replay giving me a Cologuard ad right after showing Quintana made me giggle. :v:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Chloe struggling to hold the wheel of a Cuban rider was chef's kiss as hell.

...wait, I'm hearing that Michael Matthews has lost the wasteman sprint for 5th!

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

peanut- posted:

Nothing says Vuelta like a guy doing an awful cover of Creep with earnest interpretive dance accompaniment to an audience of 12 people (2:18 if the time link doesn't work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNShYX_ykGg&t=138s

Got a Video Unavailable here, but I'm sure it's worse than Postmodern Jukebox's cover.

Or Richard Cheese's for that matter.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

peanut- posted:

Two riders. Eject B&B from the race immediately.

More like Bed & Backmarkers!

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

"Jorgenson is a brilliant rider."

"He can climb, but he can also ride well on the flat."

"He has never won a professional bike race."

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

jetz0r posted:

I'm enjoying that every stage has a Caleb Ewan off-the-back timer up on screen at some point.

Caleb Ewan lantern rouge, let's go.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Peggotty posted:

At least the NFL occasionally punishes someone though

Oh yes, they sure do love to nail players for smoking pot.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Mark Cavendish when they hit the Champs Elysees:

https://youtu.be/efHzGxEzDQA

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Cyclist brain legs.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

That's sweet. :3:

Was hoping Jorgensen would hold on after coming back from the gnarly injury but it just wasn't to be. Also lol at Powless working hard for 4 points only to crack on the one that mattered, dude's got talent but he really needs to learn how to race within himself.

Good for Woods though, he's been a solid climber and he's getting up there in years, nice to get that TdF stage win to hang his hat on.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

EF needs to shove some steaks down Powless's maw, he's disgracing the polka dots.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

What does JV want another American for?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Lol I completely forgot about this race until today but I'm reading up now and let me just quote this post from 8/28.

serious gaylord posted:

Sepp Kuss Vuelta 2023 winner.

Lmfao Soler has attacked.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Has anyone said "They'll be dancing in the streets of Durango tonight" yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

paddyboat posted:

I like how the UCI Gravel Worlds is just like a dumb-but-awesome local gravel race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cqwr5gPGxU

Big iRacing "They say you cut the course!" vibes here. :v: