Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

colonel tom posted:

Have you been to western Colorado? It’s not surprising.

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

African AIDS cum posted:

I know Cory's older bro Justin IRL and he's a super nice dude, but did this guy say something other than "you aren't fast enough" or whatever? I think more of the problem is he's a square peg for a round hole as a crit racer in a USA development program that develops climbers and TTers pretty much exclusively. They'd probably have both been better off racing kermesses for a couple years instead of doing the lovely USA pro circuit and crits

Quinn also made the comments to Cory at the peak of the George Floyd/BLM stuff over the summer when in direct response to posts about inclusiveness in cycling and being a black racer in America. So yeah Quinn can gently caress off

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

tylertfb posted:

Is there a choice for cycling news online other than Velonews and Cyclingnews? Velonews hardly covers anything in depth, and Cyclingnews is a horror of ads now.

CyclingTips is pretty good these days

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Vando posted:

It's really not, this is just people failing to submit data correctly (more likely due to technical fuckups rather than hiding dodgy data, due to happening in innocuous events on a single occasion) but then lying about it.

What makes you think people wont cheat at Zwift when they do all the time in every other form of cycling?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Everyday NBC is late on picking up the feed, I swear it must be some interns job and they just don’t do it.

While we don’t get it on GCN in the US, they don’t show coverage starting until 815am, so about 10 minutes from now. You sure it just hasn’t started yet?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Oh then NBC is just lying because it says the feed starts at 10am local time

Do they show it on TV too? If so, probably tied to that.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

peanut- posted:

why hasn't MVDP turned up for his home race?

Is he transitioning to MTB for the Olympics?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

It’s me, the Vegan Cyclist, watch my videos as I flew across America during a pandemic, leaving my kids behind, to do a bike race where I came in mid pack in every event

Don’t forget shaming his own kid for racing badly.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Don’t forget that time he was too busy filming to help his kid when he fell

I missed this lol but its what I would expect

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Please tag this as NMS and NSFW.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Feels Villeneuve posted:

VDP not starting apparently. Someone thinks they can win Tokyo.

Not sure if anyone replied to this but it was always his plan to leave early and focus on MTB olympics.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
They only added the ramp because if the weather. The original plan was to have the course exactly the same as what the men raced.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Paid.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

amenenema posted:

I must be missing something - link here doesn't list omloop?

https://help.globalcyclingnetwork.com/hc/en-gb/sections/10423984922001-O

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/how-to-watch-omloop-het-nieuwsblad-live-streaming/

Says UK is GCN+

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

loving hell, how can there be any amount of people involved at Jumbo-Visma and not be someone who says that that looks loving creepy and should under no circumstances be published?

Also, what the hell-rear end kinda Americanized message are they going for - it's sure as gently caress not got anything to do with Jonas' childhood.

I see nothing in there about murdering people with your car?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

It's ridiculous that they can do it now, let alone then.

Also, no fans?

With an easy enough gear you can (mostly) spin up a bunch of stuff these days. Use MTB gearing and live your best life.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I'd also argue that many of the races do occur in more or less the same places. Routes may change here and there (maybe most notably in the grand tours) but there is a lot of carryover year to year.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Having someone on the other side of the attack is usually done by placing a teammate in the breakaway(or an earlier attack) and hoping they survive long enough to help out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

peanut- posted:

Yeah it’s clearly Roglic that really wants to go for it.

I hope he’s unhappy enough to leave Jumbo, it would be good for cycling.

Ive always assumed he was unhappy enough to leave by clearly not being the leader for TdFs while Jonas is there.