Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
this is it, this is the 2020 Tour image

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Interesting thing Pog said in an interview is that the reason he got gapped on the Loze was because he was struggling with the altitude, Planche being 1500m lower seems like it also played to his strengths in that way.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

TobinHatesYou posted:

Pretty sure he also sacrificed one of Pinot's goats while no one was looking.

goat blood is the new secret tech

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
can't wait for the takes when Roglic tests positive for covid next week

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I think I figured out why Movistar are always all-in on the teams leaderboard

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I do like all the mainstream sports media just posting all the "it was out of this world!" quotes like it's not a bunch of guys basically calling him a loving cheat lol

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Withnail posted:

I read Pogi's time up the TT climb was like 2 seconds faster than the previous KOM. A great ride for sure, but not other worldly, he must be on good drugs type stuff.

Bear in mind that the KOM times up any famous climb will a) be done fresh but also b) belong to people who absolutely do not have to worry about things like professional doping controls.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Aru had the previous fastest time.

What event?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Xabi posted:

I believe they tested for PEDs during the 2017 Tour de France (Fabio Aru set the previous record during stage 5).

Edit: mr slow signing off

premium Roglicposting

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

peanut- posted:

To be clear I'm not particularly on the Pog is doping train, it just made me laugh how unfiltered Dumoulin's comments were

yeah same my response was more "don't base anything on KOMs" than any real feeling he's a cheat

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

goatface posted:

It's probably not worth the slander/libel risk for media outlets to start casting aspersions, no matter how much they may personally think it dodgy.

The media have no idea either way, it's just amusing to me that they print all the stuff like it's a straight up compliment

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

qirex posted:

I'm just a casual fan and pretty much only watch the TdF but the way the NBC guys were reacting in the studio ["historic," "one of the all time great rides," etc.] after the time trial sounded pretty much exactly like how they sounded 10-15 years ago when Armstrong or Contador would just wreck everybody by 3 minutes on some HC climb. Super don't know enough about the sport to accuse anyone of anything I just had a flashback to the bad old days.

*stares in Froome attack at the Giro*

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Dejan Bimble posted:

espn, bleacher report, theringer, I didn't see a mention of the race until the last day. I wish they would have put ads somewhere

it's not going to appear on US sites (unless maybe you go digging) because there were like two US riders and they had no shot to do anything interesting

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
holy poo poo AvV is gonna be fit for the road race https://twitter.com/AvVleuten/status/1309081086090240000?s=19

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Going well.... Into a barrier

going (down a) well

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I think I'd be happy with any of these guys winning so uhhh lets go

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
silver is the belgian gold

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
yeah I dunno how you can say "talent shines through" when just looking at the pro peloton for five seconds demonstrates that's obviously bullshit

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
see now it looks good on paper but in person I'm not here for it:

https://twitter.com/roadcc/status/1311698787254009856?s=19

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
it definitely feels like a "here's a fun ~disruptive~ idea" type thing where they rushed it out and forgot that you normally produce test articles for this sort of thing for a reason

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

I think it's pretty cool, they can't wear their usual kit because it's too close to the maglia rosa so did a collab with a company completely unrelated to cycling. I dig it, it's going to be a future classic and will 100% buy it

my only question is, do you have eyes?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
now we're talking

https://twitter.com/roadcc/status/1312040874386305024?s=19

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Griefor posted:

The most irresponsible race of 2020

or indeed any year

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

FFS, giro is over imo.
I mean, it should be but...

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Wait I don't have a stream, are you seriously telling me TGH is making a push to win a loving grand tour?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Or you make all your money in Belgium

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

serious gaylord posted:

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/11/zwi...LRzgkJ3lQJM8Ecg

Data doping is the next big thing in Zwift racing. The UCI will be round to calibrate your power meters soon.

It's really not, this is just people failing to submit data correctly (more likely due to technical fuckups rather than hiding dodgy data, due to happening in innocuous events on a single occasion) but then lying about it.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I mean it's not the 'next big thing' because it's always been a thing, not that it's not a thing. It's the same as how you can always get away with a shitload more in real cycling, or indeed any sport, below the elite level.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Anyone from the 90s who you ever heard of 100% doped, it's not even a scandal to find that out at this point.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I definitely did not expect that, unless they think he really does have enough left in the tank to go for the Merckx record

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Maybe, but in a team like that you're not carrying any deadweight for name value so they must think he can do some kind of job. Doesn't matter if he's cheap if he's toast and eating up a slot that could be filled by a rider that would actually do something for the team.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I think they mainly want it for the prestige of having the top names associated with them, it's definitely not the money compared to other sports.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Looks like they were trying to make it over the crossroads and yep, didn't clock that bikes go that fast.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Another year of janky isolation bubbles to make races happen probably doesn't appeal either

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I'm not going to get mad at them for not reading it but it does kind of gently caress up their argument if they don't read it. Like, you're not helping yourselves here lads.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Hawkline posted:

I think TobinHatesYou already touched on the point that most policy changes under go more engagement efforts than this, I have a different gripe. Since they can tell how well it was engaged upon based on metrics from the email campaign, it seems extremely intentional to proceed without another follow-up through some other medium. The UCI either wanted it to be completed without much opposition, or they are lazy and incompetent to the point they should not be a governing body of anything outside a local BMX race.

Lmao they're not pulling some underhanded misdirection campaign to actively gently caress over riders, they're coming up with a safety initiative that a bunch of babies are complaining about because they think they're good at doing the thing that got banned, but weren't smart enough to notice the ban was about to happen when everything took place in plain sight.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Smirr posted:

lmao Quickstep

ah well now, about that...

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Why not go the whole hog and just create a one piece aero bar at that point?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

TobinHatesYou posted:

The computer bridge definitely extends past the drops and these bars are currently UCI legal.

The below seems like the limiting factor:

UCI Regs Article 1.3.022 posted:

The traditional type of handlebars must be used in road races, cyclo-cross and track races
(apart from track time trials and pursuits). The attachment of any additional handlebar
component or extension is prohibited in these events.

In no case shall the front of the handlebars exceed the tolerance of 5 cm in relation to a
vertical line passing through the front wheel axle, which is the control zone of the bicycle.

So you can do pretty much what you like within that box so long as it's a one piece item and not an add-on, and it still seems 'traditional' in appearance. Although I think in reality that boils down to 'if the UCI decide it's non-traditional, get hosed' as everything has to be certified before you can race it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
https://twitter.com/nealrogers/status/1368207691261374471?s=19

:sickos: