Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Why is a Bora riding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

No way they take nearly a minute out of Roglic with 6k of road left

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Only kuss left

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Let's loving gooooo

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Repeated digs, common lad

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Love an uphill track sprint me

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

This is all about 10k too late

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Carapaz going HAM

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

If Carapaz had these legs why didn't he go earlier?

Roglic has broken. It's going to be tight

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I got 22 seconds as the Gap

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

What's people's feelings on bonus seconds?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/BritishConti/status/1325014831095746560?s=20

Hadn't realised Tao was out of contract this season, what a time to win a GT.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

goatface posted:

Would fit with Ineos hiring lots of the GB team. They've got money to burn.

Nah no way. Didn't work out first time and they know he's not winning anything, nor is he going to drag anyone up a climb.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Dowsett is having another go at the hour record

https://twitter.com/alexdowsett/status/1326194168759246849?s=19

Edit:
Having nerded out over some advanced stats I am giving him very little chance of doing it. Air pressure in December and him being at sea level Vs Campenaerts at altitude is too much imo.

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 10, 2020

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

goatface posted:

I thought Ganna didn't see the attraction?

ganna will probably accidentally break it during a rest day ride

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

goatface posted:

Why would that have been secret?

Assume he was still negotiating the contract or just wanted to boost views for his YouTube channel, was pretty obvious he'd extended as he was wearing the kit for his hour record promo

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Did knaven replace Sean Yates at sky?

Also Simon Freemantle is currently denying he knew that testosterone was performance enhancing so he's given up on keeping his medical license. I think we're up to 5 laptops now too.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Assos is stepping up as the main sponsor for NTT. Nice to see, NTT aren't a good team but losing teams right now is Bad.

They've also lost a bunch of riders that had options too so will probably be even more bad. Rumours they are going to try and sign aru which i think is a terrible idea, no way can they compete for GT's.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I don't imagine he's getting passed some PED as he's walking to doping control and they literally watch you get your cock out to piss so I imagine it's something innocuous but it sure looks shady as hell even if it's just his phone or something

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I'm pretty sure if you starting pissing on your fingers instead of directly into the cup they are going to know something's up.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Maybe he's a rider/coach for Bennett?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

I heard Hirschi is off to UAE which makes.. not much sense but its ok as they have money to burn over there

he was on minimum wage at DSM and apparently 7 figures at UAE

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

This was the car Bora hit.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

TobinHatesYou posted:

He must really hate riding Cervelos.

Imagine the creak when big Tommy D steps on the pedals.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Jesus Christ WvA and MvDP are going to lap people on lap 2 at this rate.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

goatface posted:

No, but it looks like convoy drivers might need to get a license.

See this would be a good thing for the UCI

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Well GCN don't have to do a 5 v 1 video now.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

UCI have banned having just your forearms on the bars ala TT position on road bikes.

You're also getting a 30 second penalty in stage races for chucking litter and bottles outside of the designated zones. Do this a 2nd time and its a 2 minute penalty. 3rd time and you're out.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-bans-forearms-on-bars-aero-position-adds-penalties-for-littering/

But what about having you're forearms on the handlebar while holding onto the computer? And those hella ugly long road bars that you rest your forearms on too

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Have they relaxed any of the geometry rules? Cool new bikes would be good compensation

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

The Hirschi story has taken a weird turn:

https://www.wielerflits.be/nieuws/marc-hirschi-en-team-dsm-uit-elkaar-vanwege-vertrouwensbreuk/

The management and sponsors allegedly considered him a risk to their reputation.

Yeah that is sus as hell, I hope it's just them spreading poo poo because they're mad he left for money.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I guess it's meant to be for descending and he has his arms in the drops? I assume the commisares will decide to act depending on if he beats a home favourite.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Blood passport schenanigans? That's the sort of subtle thing that could freak people out without a doping agency announcing an investigation. Or he's a nazi or something

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Its probably nothing, but hes disappeared since the story broke about him not being able to answer certain questions.

Full conspiracy theory me reckons hes been caught with something he shouldn't have, and got the team to stay quiet by making threats of his own.

I mean it's lampre X UAE, it's probably not hard to persuade them to bury bodies.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

The GCN pass is just a wrapper around Eurosport coverage so I've stuck with Eurosport player and get to watch ski jumping and lawn bowls for free.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

My prediction is the van's watch each other whilst are tom loses to poggers on the final climb

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Lou Lou!! :france:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Alpecin fenix is antifa

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Sick nasty attack

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

The canyon engineers when MvDP attacked :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Absolutely loving ridiculous final dig