Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
This is my first tour that I'm watching, but what on earth is wout van art doing? Like what's his role? He seems to both not be winning anything and also doesn't seem to be helping out his team much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

peanut- posted:

Imagine how much time Jonas would have just taken if Van Aert had been able to stay in the break and ride him home.

Good point. I think there was one like that last year, right? Where van aert was up ahead as the perfect springboard.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
He only weighs 10kg though.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Pog's post race interview was great.

Interviewer: That's now 10 tdf stage wins for you. How does it feel?

Pog: Watch out Mark, I'm coming for you. No, no. I'm just kidding. It's a joke.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Giggling every time the announcer talks about "asscream."

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
There was a really nice bourbon castle. And some interesting hay bales.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
His sprint today was clean though, right? It was the other three times that he was all over the field.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

Residency Evil posted:

Have we discussed the Italian man advertising Vittoria Corsa Pro tires, but really making fun of us for buying the same stupid bike poo poo the pros ride while being fat/slow?

Those commercials are painful to watch for some reason. I can't put my finger on why they're so cringy.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
There's a reason pog gets the white jersey even though Vin is beating him overall.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

cgfreak posted:

Even if Vingegaard were eligible for the white jersey Pogi would still get to wear it tho. If you're in the lead for multiple jerseys, number two gets to wear the other one.

Wait, really? I did not know that. I assumed some guy could theoretically get all 4 jerseys if he was heads and shoulders about everyone else. I'd like to think he have to wear them all simultaneously though.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Why did they wait until 12:45 et to start?

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
What a poo poo show of an event. I'm sure the Tour/Giro organizers love this because it makes them look great by comparison.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The same company organizes the tour and Vuelta lol

That's incredible.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Nice blurry shot of everyone shooting past the camera in a blur with 500m to go. Why

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
That ineos guy got hosed up.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
I don't understand how UAE won that. They just charged in out of nowhere and zipped to the win. Alpecin had the "perfect" setup going into the finish.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Secret to winning bike races: Be faster. Got it

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Vingegaard gives the worst interviews. "I did it for my daughter on her birthday." C'mon man.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
What was it?

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
YouTube autocaptions always does Sepp Kuss was "Zepp Goose," which is a much better name.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Man flobikes totally sucks though

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
How do I watch O M L O O P? I'm in the US and no I don't want to pay 29.99 american dollars to flo sports.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

Hows your Dutch?

niet goed

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
lmao

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the best recent MSR is still Mohoric winning on the descent. that was bad rear end

Didn't he use a dropper post that year to nail the descent? The dude was riding in the gutters.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

I still cant work out what caused it. There looked like a really weird gutter that maybe they slipped on? Or was it wind causinga touch of wheels?

Looks like Tiesj Benoot is taking the blame for them touching wheels?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I33UcswQGp4

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
That cannot be real.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
I still don't understand cycling tactics at all, but Uno X was leading the peloton for a good portion of the last 40k and I'm not sure why or what they hoped to accomplish. They did a good job catching the Alpecin breakaway rider for the rest of the teams I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
I did think "wow, look at this team with like 6 guys on the front. They're really going to dominate this race."

Then they were all gone at the start of the Mur de Huy.