Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Only 40. Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

y'all are mean. It's true, they were an astonishingly dysfunctional team for more than 2/3 of the season, but do those best team awards mean nothing to you monsters?

I can't bring myself to hate any of them as individuals but holy poo poo did whoever was in charge of team chemistry do a bad job.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Some good fuckin moments there. Uran at the Louvre was great.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Komet posted:

Dombrowski! A feather in the cap for Virginia cycling

I think he still has all the strava KoMs in a 100 mile radius of Marshall. Nice to see him finally get a stage.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Bike Exchange's DS has been expelled for the car accident

Should be more of a punishment than that, IMO. If we could all see it coming as spectators, how inattentive must he have been?

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I can't help but feel that saying "you're our GC guy on your first race longer than a week, good luck and also please don't have any meltdowns in front of the entire cycling world" is maybe not the greatest developmental strategy.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Not sure what the temp is but it doesnít seem all that cold?

Think I heard someone say say 16, but it'll be cooler at the top of the hills no doubt.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Skarsnik posted:

Why tf would you ever root for Valverde

e: is he on the list of this threads list of cheaters oh but it's ok for him like contador?

He was the most straightforward guy besides Carapaz in the Movistar documentary and he has powerful PEDs old man energy, so as an old man myself I'm allowed to like him and laugh with him at the concept of teamwork.

e: I hope Bernal is OK, I like him too

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

If he doesn't fall off his bike before then, I doubt he gets past the second rest day.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

paddyboat posted:

le tour is on non-gold NBCSN and I donít have to go looking for a lovely stream, god is truly great

stop crashing you numpties

Downside, Bob and Phil (and ads). It looks like I'll need to bust out a VPN etc. to get good commentary.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

If you have Comcast you get the Peacock stuff free, McCrossan is boring but not bad

Oh, that's good to know. What I read seemed to suggest the Peacock stuff was the same as the NBC.

Mind you, maybe I'd miss the comedy of Phil attempting to identify what team the broken Colnago (with a single digit race number, and prominently labelled "Laengen" and "UAE") could possibly belong to. Initial guesses were "My God, Ineos"! No, Jumbo-Visma!"

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Unless they can fly out a spare leg I doubt Froome starts tomorrow.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

I've always wondered what deal is with Ventoux's biome that it's always bare like that.
I wondered too. Apparently it used to be forested, but the trees were cut down in the medieval period for shipbuilding. The soil blew away and we're left with the bald top. So says wikipedia, anyway.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

wooger posted:

Sorry, Iím new to serious Tdf watching:
Do they not all have the same spec TT bike?
They all have to be race legal, but they're by no means identical.

Here, have a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84grTYdsgtE

Albinator fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jul 16, 2021

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Wasn't Rohan Dennis' meltdown at the tour a couple of years back because he thought his Merida TT setup was poo poo?

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Boo. I was very interested in seeing him vs. Bernal and maybe Roglic too.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

The break has 20 minutes, and now I'm going to have to stay up to find out if Peter Sagan's brother is going to be waving a golden helmet in everyone's face for the next 4 years.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I feel this Namibian dude has tragically misjudged his ability to bridge an eighteen minute gap

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Ineos has crashed!

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

He's celebrating by winning today's stage (and being in the overall lead) at the Tour de Pologne.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

No bones broken they say, so he might be able to come back if he hasn't torn anything. Still, Worlds is just a month away.

e: apparently he did bust his collarbone, so that's probably it for this year.

Albinator fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 20, 2021

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Absolutely astonishing number of back from the dead performances in the break today

e:

serious gaylord posted:

That was a long steady camera shot of a Jumbo rider pissing there.
I thought they were about to show us Primos taking a leak too.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

You know they are.

Beautiful countryside today, I'd love to visit.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

It's not been the greatest tour, but today's stage was good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Bernal had the white jersey for a couple of weeks at the vuelta, and was grown up enough to not be worried about losing it. I don't think he's even remotely done as a rider. I guess he feels he'll clearly be the GC guy at ISN, but I dunno, I don't feel the support will be what he wants.