Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:hmmrona:

I just figure they're all working so hard they aren't really thinking clearly, at least for the thing where they celebrate a lap early. Getting beat on the line because you've thrown your hands up is hard to explain but always funny so I'm in favor of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Thomas' dejected u-turn immediately after crossing the line :smith:

He should call up roglic and get his therapist's number

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Thomas has abandoned. Broken pelvis again

Dude rode 150km on a fractured pelvis? Thatís something

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Apparently a barrier blew in to the road and took a couple guys out. Italians inventing new ways to injure riders.

https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/status/1313479635112468482

https://twitter.com/ZabuBradoKTM/status/1313483828342722562

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:rip: vinny nibbles

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

but what kind of brakes was he using?

He used the motorbikeís brakes.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Classic Ineos stuff there

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

HappyCamperGL posted:

Bit wet at la Vuelta.

E - izaguirre on a full kamikaze descent.

I love how commentators always put disclaimers on the supertuck. DEFINITELY DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME THESE ARE HIGHLY TRAINED PROFESSIONAL RIDERS.

Someone is going to end up dead when they hit a bump at 70kph and can't control it sitting on the top tube

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Decided not to ride today because the weather is miserable, watching the Vuelta making me feel like I'm out in it anyway.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

bianchi revealed the climbing/lightweight frame that presumably GreenEdge will be using next year, and it's carbon black with "stealth" black decals instead of celeste. i am going to turn into the joker

Jumbo used these this year didnít they? Something about not having the layer of pigmented paint saves a couple dozen grams. The most marginal of gains

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Roads seem a little slick

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

This road is ludicrous

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

I don't recall if they race the final stage of this one or if it's a tour-style procession. Someone remind me

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:rip: to the supertuck

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

The actual rule is apparently: "The rider shall normally assume a sitting position on the bicycle. This position requires that the only points of support are the following: the feet on the pedals, the hands on the handlebars and the seat on the saddle."

Seems completely objective and Iím sure will never lead to controversy.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Richie Porte has crashed out of a stage race

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

lol. Brutal

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/cyclingtips/status/1376196963893305350

The new barricades work!

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

They may not be the new ones but at thankfully the advertisements covered the feet or it would have been a disaster.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Should have stuck with the cellphone pic imo. :britain: racers have had too much success lately so glad to see WVA take that.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/OutOfCycling/status/1392753882619654146

lol

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Now they can knock you over AND give you COVID. win win

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

if I were forced to ride this gradient I would simply get off and push

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

GCN just going to talk over the podium ceremonies I guess.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

RIP to Chris Froomeís GC chances

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Mathews undefeated in minor place sprints

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Weird sprint. Like half the field sat up before the line. Sagan and Morkov did for sure

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Fun stage.

It's incredible how deep MDVP can go. I'm almost worried for the guy, I halfway expect him to just expire leaning on the barricade after he finishes a race.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Pog is probably doped to the gills but so is every other professional athlete and at least he's fun to watch. The years of a final selection of 10 guys riding up a mountain with 4 sky riders on the front neutralizing everything were just incredibly boring and I'll take this any day.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Anthony mccrossan comes up with the dumbest nicknames. Tadej the Tornado, Hirschi the Hurricane, Vingegaard the Volcano. Just the worst.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Cav thought he could win without Morkov dragging him to the line and then hitting the brakes to let him by.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Sprinters are people too

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

why does this road exist?

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

lokicubed posted:

Did yates give up after he couldn't podium anymore? Time gap wasnt moving up to 1 min over haig so bailed? A bit of a mini MAL?

Looked more like he just didn't have it. Went too hard in the first half perhaps

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/OutOfCycling/status/1435946808824504320

:britain:

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Looked like Remco was trying to get away on the final climb but Colbrelli was able to hang on. Once that happened he was basically out of options if we wanted on the podium

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Nice superspreading event

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

I mean he won the Grio this year and finished top 10 in the Vuelta, I don't think it's fair to say he's fading just yet. If he can get his back right there's plenty of time to chase some more wins given that he's only 24. Not sure ISN is the place to do it but :shrug:

Maybe he just misses Froomey

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Time posted:

Alaphillipe rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Ban radios from all UCI racing