Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Vando posted:

Thomas probably heading up another grand tour I'd have thought.

Also looking at that squad and the lack of British riders made me wonder who the next wave of Brits coming through are and it's absolutely nobody isn't it, domestic scene is so poo poo that without Sky stealing all the track riders to develop there's just nothing there.

Apparently Thomas will lead Ineos at the Giro and Froome at the Vuelta but considering how obscene that Tour lineup is I'd not be stunned if someone ends up as "co-leader" for the Vuelta, like a Carapaz and take over if Froome still hasn't improved enough.

I went radio silent on cycling to avoid Il Lombardia results and watched it this morning and good grief Remco Evanpoel had a terrifying crash. Even knowing he's relatively okay now I feel sick in the stomach just thinking about it.

gently caress RAI though for continually showing it, and him in the ditch and even helicopter footage of the ambulance driving to hospital. It's gross and excessive and one of the parts of cycling coverage I like the least.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Aug 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Sure, but should we not just be a bit suspicious that all of Jumbo are suddenly way ahead of even ineos?

Does it matter? Sure, if I was a rider who didn't want to dope it'd be frustrating but as a spectator it's honestly irrelevant. Riding 200km a day is no less impressive a feat just because you've been using illegal medication.

The preoccupation with the possibility of doping is so dull and almost unique to cycling fans. Football fans don't give a poo poo that someone is doping until they are stupid enough to get caught. Very few people worry that Bayern's Champions League run might be tainted by doping even with the absurd sums of money involved relative to cycling.