Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Excellent OP, OP, although I was also going to point out that you forgot about the Lombardia. The season's still real to me, dammit :qq:

e: also, and I know this was a group project, but the title is absolutely excellent. AGAB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

peanut- posted:

Excellent OP, OP.

Paris-Tours owned last year, anyone know if they’ve brought back the exciting route or the riders moaned them into making it boring again?

As far as I can tell, this is exactly the same as last year's course. No more Mr Ruban Jaune Guy

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I knew Worlds was a tough race but the post-race picture of Alaphillippe was :stare:

poor guy looks like he's just come back from a war

drat, this photo rules

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

wooger posted:

The Worlds looked horrific, but I will definitely go watch in person next time there’s something in Yorkshire. Though maybe they should stick to early summer.

There's the annual Tour de Yorkshire (yes, that's literally its name) in early May, in case you're not aware.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I just watched the final 15 km and lmao at the whole thing. There's literally no indication as to which way to go on a roundabout and everyone follows the camera bike, which goes the path of least resistance and pulls out of the race about a minute after that, and everyone's like "WELP"

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

gently caress, I forgot about il Lombardia until now. Rooting against Valverde now

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Congrats, Bauke :toot:

Smirr fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 12, 2019

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I feel this lead-up is gonna be hard to do with the Omloop

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/inrng/status/1184537096482185216

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I was gonna say "Nairo being a PCT faillord and Nacer being a WT faillord, count me in" but it turns out that Bouhanni will transfer away from Cofidis to Arkea Samsic next year. So I guess I can still say that, it's just that they both are on the team where dreams go to die

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

HappyCamperGL posted:

How short does the stage have to be to a prologue cause that Budapest stage looks like a prologue to me.

quote:

2.6.006 A prologue may be included in stage races on condition that:
1. it must not exceed 8 km; for an elite or juniors women's or juniors men's race,
the prologue must be less than 4 km;
2. the prologue must be run as an individual time trial. If more than 60 riders are
involved, the interval between the start of any two riders shall not exceed one
minute;
3. it counts towards the individual general classification;
4. any rider who suffers an accident during the prologue and is unable to complete
the distance shall nevertheless be permitted to race the following day and be
credited with the time of the last ranked rider;
5. no rider may participate or be made to participate in a second race on the same
day as the prologue;
6. the prologue shall count as a race day.

Fun fact: it doesn't say explicitly anywhere in the rules that a prologue has to be the first stage. There's just two lines that go like "... the first stage (or prologue) ...", which just means that a prologue can be the first stage, not that it has to be. 21st stage prologue when??

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

didn't one of the recent Vueltas inexplicably end with like a 8km ITT

2014, but it was 9.7 km, so not a prologue

I'm currently reading the notes on the Giro stages and it's very :discourse:

quote:

The stage follows almost the same route as the famous Nove Colli amateur sportive. Upon reaching the foot of the Apennines, after leaving Cesenatico, the route undulates continuously to clear the nine hillocks of the sportive, five of which will award KOM points. Over the last 30 km, the peloton will ride across the plains, before reaching the seafront in Cesenatico.

Love to undulate continuously to clear nine hillocks

quote:

A colossal Alpine stage with 5,000 m vertical altitude gain, crossing over to France. The riders will pass Colle dell'Agnello, Col d'Izoard and Monginevro, before the final climb up to Sestriere. According to many, this is a modern reinterpretation of the legendary Cuneo-Pinerolo.

Many people are saying this!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

goatface posted:

That's a hell of a gap over 15km. Was it straight uphill?

In a very literal sense yes, but also no, not really:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

The UAE tour has been cancelled and its unlikely that Milan San Remo and Strade Bianchi will go ahead due to the Corona Virus.

Good riddance to everyone except Strade Bianche. On the other hand, I have been thinking of popping over to Belgium/the Belgian part of France for the Ronde and Paris-Roubaix - if those get cancelled I'll be very cross.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Level crossings are also back :toot:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I really hope Theunissen radioed in that he wasn't feeling up to the task, because otherwise Jumbo-Visma are doing galaxy brain poo poo

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I hope the three at the front continue to faff about and Trentin smokes them in the sprint

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Hm, Lampaert got really boxed in there

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Gianni "Johnny Fiveaces" Moscon just got DQ'd for:

https://twitter.com/BasTietema/status/1234118399233609734

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/FFCyclisme/status/1238490949677965313?s=19

All French races in all categories are cancelled until further notice, hachi machi

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/status/1250677968831201280?s=19

Chaos reigns

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm watching the Movistar netflix thing right now and just got to the part where Nairo commits suicide-by-non-communication on the Tourmalet, and I'm glad that it all was exactly as dumb as I thought at the time. Like, no extenuating circumstances whatsoever, just a team finding out that Nairo is complete garbage in real time, as a documentary team is filming them. I love it

e: I also enjoy how completely :emo: Landa is 100% of the time

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/1252185381371592710?s=19

https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/1252192042098319362?s=19

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Just do all the races in Doha, bing bong problem solved

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Wait wait wait, hold up - Strade Bianche is TODAY?! What year is it

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

German Eurosport just showed the finish of SB 2018. Now they're on SB 2019. Even though the schedule says the women's race should have been on 10 minutes ago. UNACCEPTABLE

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I didn't see any of the Vuelta a Burgos except that Remco™ won - how do they do finishing straights these days, spectator-wise? Assembling large crowds of shouting Spaniards/Italians sounds pretty unwise.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

All you're missing so far are highlights from 2019, ffs

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Oh my god, Sagan has a Joker-themed "Why so serious" face mask lmao

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I think Fuglsang just called a moto driver an rear end in a top hat lol

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

peanut- posted:

Riding through that dust must be grim

It is pretty funny that this of all races is what they restart the WT season with. There's gonna be lots of dry coughs later today.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Starting to get spicy now, and all without GVA :nice:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Jinx man here - looks like Wout has got it

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yay :toot:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, this finish in particular just had to be closed down.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

moctopus posted:

https://twitter.com/wcsbike/status/1291048127823314945

That's the crash. At first it reminded me of the Sagan/Cav crash a bit because I thought Groenewegen at first was just balancing himself. But then you see how far from center he drifts. Yikes.

There was a crash in Milano Torino too.

loving hell

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

moctopus posted:

Yes slight downhill 80kph apparently.

That overhead shot is really damning.

Yeah, it doesn't look quite as bad from the front, but the overhead shot really speaks for a ban. Man, that second video there...

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Heliosicle posted:

loving hell and with a train track on the other side of the barrier
https://twitter.com/sport_tvppl/status/1291058716129861635

Sounds really bad

loving hell. That sounds extremely bad.

Fwiw, PCS has Jakobsen as the winner and Groenewegen as disqualified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Tour_de_Pologne/status/1291699649724723203

Jakobsen made it out of the coma.