Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Feel bad for Jumbo tbh, you can't prepare to fight a performance like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Pogacar took white, polka and yellow in one go

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Heliosicle posted:

Prediction: Pogacar will take the stage and tour from TJV

:(

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Iirc the team didn't want him to but he didn't believe he was good enough to compete for GC

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Definitely one of the better Tour's. Wonder if the sky train will be back in full force next year.

On to the Giro and Vuelta :toot:

^^^^ and the other one day races

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

peanut- posted:

To be clear I'm not particularly on the Pog is doping train, it just made me laugh how unfiltered Dumoulin's comments were

Dutch is a pretty straight spoken language without much ambiguity so he comes across as being sure of it all in translation.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

There was that ineos pinarello that exploded last year too.

Oops

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
If you can't beat em, sign em

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
https://streamable.com/p7od08

Bashing her still broken wrist :gonk:

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Pogacar winning seems inevitable to me

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Heliosicle posted:

Pogacar not winning seems inevitable to me

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Smirr posted:

The front group has GVA, but not Wout, in it :mods:

Tiesj Benoot brought them back lol

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

serious gaylord posted:

They wont work hard enough to bring him back imo

They're working for now

E: and now not

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Looks like they've given up

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
I hope anything that does happen is of the good kind and not more GC contenders getting taken out, so fingers crossed the run up to the sprint isn't like the last couple

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Fortunatos pain face makes it seem like he could burst into tears at any moment

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

HappyCamperGL posted:

Stage highlight. Victor Campernaets cock.

The key to victory

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Yeah it's been a weird race, coverage starts so late and they've been finishing an hour earlier than predicted every day

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
gently caress this stage

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SRAMroad/status/1413875642974707715

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Komet posted:

Not sure why allegations of doping are a police matter, but it's France, I guess

It seems like most of the effective anti doping initiatives (in cycling at least) have come about thanks to the police

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Pog could at least look out of breath after that

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
I think he could just go do ride that again at the same pace lol

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Jumbo modded their heavy rear end Bianchis for grand tours by stripping the paint, but other than the bikes were fine.

I've been trying to find out if there are better examples but it's the kind of thing that's hard to search for

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2315716-we-hadden-geluk-de-tourmalet-stond-vol-met-tourpiemels

The painters should diversify into other genitalia to give the eraser men a more artistic challenge, they've got the owls down

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
^ more this probably

23 seconds gone like nothing

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
I was pretty amazed at how visible road cycling was when I visited there. The shops were really nicely decked out and all the riders I saw were in team kits usually too.

Route was pretty nice I thought, would like to try that last climb.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Do they have any idea how far ahead the break are? I know there are no radios but do the commisaires show a board or anything?

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Looking at the profile there's not much to slow the front rider(s) down til the end, the gap isn't coming down much now either.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Have they given up already? Very confused about the lack of urgency

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Think the chasers will get the rest of the medals too. Maybe the conditions mean they can't bury themselves enough to catch up to the front

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Is the Israeli rider on an anime canyon?

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

serious gaylord posted:

No its just terribly tactics. The Dutch refused to chase so the break got 10 minutes. Their tactic was to try and send a rider up the road to close it down all on their own and shutdown anyone that tried to chase that down. They couldnt get anyone to help chase properly before and ensured no-one would help then.

Yeah, it was one of the many possible excuses the commentator on Dutch tv was came out with to explain what's happening

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
She's avoiding saying that lol

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Nice pain face Kiesenhofer

Peloton will get silver then

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Final gap just over a minute, shows that they could've done it with a bit more work

Insane ride though by Kiesenhofer

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Dutch commentator just said AvV legit thought she'd won

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

peanut- posted:

Even with no radios they’re still meant to be given time gaps. They must have been being given the gap to the riders that were dropped from the break, not to Kiesenhofer. Very funny but also pretty cruel.

Apparently it's what you said, (according to someone on Reddit quoting van der Breggen) they were only given the gap to the group ahead of them, not to the front of the race

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Op de hoogte means that he says he wasn't informed about the change, is that on him/his team or the organisation though? Other riders seemed to know at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Is there a dedicated thread for track cycling or is it usually in here? Last Olympics was so long ago and I don't remember much chatting about any of the world championships