Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Smirr posted:

Yeah, I think those are two defensible bumps given the racing situation (from what it looks like)

Plenty of room to the left, up in the barriers to the right, if he doesn't defend his line then he's crashing. This is the opposite of the nudges into the barriers that they're trying to crack down on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Well that was as brutal as hoped. Enjoyed the 10 second lingering shot on Roglic's massive arse

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

HappyCamperGL posted:

When did la Vuelta get rid of the combination classification!?

Last year

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

goatface posted:

248 km stage 7 seems unnecessary.

Stages should all be 100-150km long

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

moctopus posted:

How do you guys feel about the time trials at grand tours? They can be alright to watch and tell a fun story, but I always think it's kind of a lame way to shake-out the gc. It just doesn't feel like a race to me.

Time trials are great and there should be more of them. Also good to watch live because there's always something going on.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Also we're going to get more of them in the TdF going forwards because they've given up on forcing a Pinot win

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

That was good fun (even though for most of it I was only looking at the bottom half of the screen because I was practising my own tt position on the turbo during the last 90 minutes, at least I got to see the most important bit of roglic)

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Ganna has the rona and is out of the track stuff

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Cycling is a fun sport

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Roglic looked uncomfortable but didn't lose any time after the first couple of minutes of that attack

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Smirr posted:

Roglic hiding in Grupo Movistar. Sad!

I think Movistar wanted Carapaz to lose as much as Roglic wanted to win

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

What's people's feelings on bonus seconds?

Good (make breaks more likely to succeed, makes sure that some stages aren't processional to the line)

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Dowsett is the one I expect to get picked up by a team for his ability to pull a sprint train more than anything else.

He's put out a video saying he's signed a new contract, but under wraps who it is (so not ISN then)

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Tanfield did a good ITT (21st overall), which is what Carlton was excited about. He's also only 25, and has the KOM on my local "rolling" TT E33/10, so obviously a good chap to have on hand.

Cav, I think, has decided he's just happy to be there so while he won't win anything might be worth a punt if you want an experienced head

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

HappyCamperGL posted:

is cav planning on dong track at the olympics? might affect who would hire him.

haha dong

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

MrL_JaKiri posted:

He's put out a video saying he's signed a new contract, but under wraps who it is (so not ISN then)

Update: it was ISN

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Dowsett's hour record attempt is postponed due to him having the rona

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

It's pretty easy to do stuff like adjust the resistance of your turbo so it dramatically under/over measures power. There's a reason they need two sources of data.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Honestly it seems like these people are really dumb and bad at cheating. If anything, Zwift is telling people how to cheat better by listing how they screwed up at cheating.

Much like the UCI announcing the legal hematocrit levels in the 90's I suspect that's the purpose rather than a negative side effect. Cheating badly and obviously harms the brand, cheating well doesn't.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Rumours they are going to try and sign aru which i think is a terrible idea, no way can they compete for GT's.

Neither can Aru so that works out great

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

I'm pretty sure if you starting pissing on your fingers instead of directly into the cup they are going to know something's up.

They'll think you're into some pretty kinky stuff for a start

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

It sounds like it could have been a lot worse

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Looks like it just pulled out straight into them - either not looking for cyclists or completely misjudged their speed*. Or really hates Bora.

*This happens round here a lot if you're going anywhere north of 20kph

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

If last year was due to a lack of desire rather than a lack of physical capability then that's not really that surprising. Hope it works out well for Big Tom either way

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

goatface posted:

Wasn't that already the rule about ride position?

It was. The "holding onto the hoods with flat forearms" position (which is basically as good) is almost certainly still legal.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

TELEVISED RACING

Also the DQS twitter is talking about Brave New World for some reason

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Surprisingly good stage of Tdl Provence, complete with a random bit of UCI fuckery afterwards

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

You're not a professional athlete though, you've been picked partially because you can deal with that rather than because you have strong legs and big lungs.

TobinHatesYou posted:

This sort of thing shouldn't be done only via e-mail though, or it should be heavily telegraphed by the UCI across several forms of communication. It makes a lot more sense to also send team management the same information so that they relay it to the riders themselves. My default behavior with e-mail is to ignore it unless I'm expecting to be contacted.

"Athletes don't engage with their representing body" is a pretty uniform thing across most sports, tbh.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

After taking the leader's jersey and a stage win, MvdP and A-F are out of the UAE tour due to a covid positive

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

peanut- posted:

Cycling is back tomorrow :toot:

Properly like, not riding round the desert.

What, you mean a professional race where you can finish in the pack averaging about 150W isn't good enough for you

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Lol at pog getting a time penalty

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

paperwind posted:

Pedersen owes Asgreen a few Carlsbergs (or whatever Danish people actually drink) for that one.

Edit: Seriously though, why did Asgreen bury himself there if not for a temporary Danish national alliance?

Don't ask don't get, he got boxed out in the sprint but gave it a stab

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Sprint finish on the hoods

That's what he always does tbf

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Who has the all black kits and helmets?

DSM (formerly sunweb) have almost entirely black kits, I think there's some of the UAE guys in all-black gilets at the mo

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

I've missed seeing Primoz's big arse

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Dump truck rear end gives him special TT powers.

Hope it works for me too

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

All about the radio cable that RC had hanging down from his head

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Nice advert for Scott's TT bike as it falls apart going over the line

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Tao fell on his head and they wouldnt let him keep racing.

Which is surprising, but welcome.

Ineos pulled him rather than the race organisers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Pinot dropped at T-A, new season same Thibaut