Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
My first reaction was holy loving poo poo, my second reaction was I hope the jumbo guy at least broke his collarbone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
was van aert the guy posting massive training rides on strava when most peeps were on lockdown?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Keeping an eye on Pogacar. I think he's been in the mix a lately and he was crushing it at the end of last year.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
formolo pulling some fabio aru faces

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

quote:

“I’m not happy — I feel sad that I didn’t win,” Hirschi said. “I feel not good. I feel sad.”

:smith:

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

colonel tom posted:

It didn't seem that terrible but after what happened to Jakobsen in Poland you have to think they're extra sensitive to it.

If Jakobsen did what Sagain did, he would still have his own teeth.

I just found out there is a 90kg rider in the tour, Max Walscheid just became my new favorite rider.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Starting my design of bike computer shaped like TT handlebar

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
From what I hear, this years top climbers (mostly from two countries, hmm) are beating KOMs that have been around for decades. The peyresourde has been in the tour forever and pogacar bettered the fastest time by 45 seconds or something.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
so at least we can all agree cancellara never had a motor in his bike

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Pretty sure Roglic wasn't even sweating on the last km. They need to check his body for android components.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
game over, yawn

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

qirex posted:

I’m curious what Sagan’s future looks like, did he just not train right for the TdF this year or has he lost a step?

Make a boatload of money for riding the Giro.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

everyone else slowed down and I did a somersault. loving bike

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Pinot seems like a guy who probably cries at a lot of movies

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Zwift can afford to advertise on nbc, but they can't afford to make their graphics looks better the GLQuake

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I would maybe use zwift again if they fixed their drafting algorithm for groups. Every time my power meter would cut out for a second or two, I'd get dropped even on flat terrain. Sorry that's not how it works in real life (although I have been dropped IRL many times). Someone told me to check out rouvy although the premise sounds sort of stupid.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
gogogogopogogogogo

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

I do finally have the same bodyweight as a grand tour winner though

me too. indurain

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Withnail posted:

Keeping an eye on Pogacar. I think he's been in the mix a lately and he was crushing it at the end of last year.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Pogo gets white, polka dot and yellow jersey, holy poo poo

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
He gifted the strava KOM to porte

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

paperwind posted:

And the World Championships.

and two more grand tours and paris roubaix, tour of flanders, liege, amstel... all before the snow flies (or maybe not)

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I read Pogi's time up the TT climb was like 2 seconds faster than the previous KOM. A great ride for sure, but not other worldly, he must be on good drugs type stuff.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
The board of the beautiful girls

Pogacar 2020: 16:10
Fabio Aru 2017: 16:12
Chris Fr:shepface::shepface:me 2012: 16:20

Withnail fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 21, 2020

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

moctopus posted:

Does anyone have a favorite for worlds? It kind of reminds me of last year's course where there's a couple hard punches each lap. That was a really fun race to watch.

I guess Wout has to be up there.

Worlds seem hard to predict. I'm going with Fuglsang. Comedy option: Pogacar. Comedy option 2: Valverde

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
lol

https://www.strava.com/activities/4101441934

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Heliosicle posted:

Pogacar winning seems inevitable to me

if the entire peloton crashes, it's a given

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
skuijns is the only WT guy who occasionally shows up on our local group rides

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
mathews could have won if he made that group

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
motopacing JA

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
JA tear duct time

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
breaking, Tejay Van Garderen supports Howie Hawkins for POTUS.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

TobinHatesYou posted:

I want group rides back.

we've been group riding since april :clint:

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

eagerly awaiting the first bike crash caused by someone memorized by a penrose tribar

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
dudes with unzipped jerseys in the rain, ok

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
ganna beast mode

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
someone's gonna crash

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
andyhampsten.jpg

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Gaviria getting covid is unsurprising because the translation of his surname is 'I gotta virus'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Wiggins TT was similar power.