Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Edh-67QWkAINt3Y?format=jpg&name=large

Red and black is probably my favorite color combination so I think these are a step-down, but lots of people hate red and black together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Does anyone know if Tour de Pologne is being streamed online any place other than Eurosport?

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/wcsbike/status/1291048127823314945

That's the crash. At first it reminded me of the Sagan/Cav crash a bit because I thought Groenewegen at first was just balancing himself. But then you see how far from center he drifts. Yikes.

There was a crash in Milano Torino too.

moctopus fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 5, 2020

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

They also hit a judge (or something) and it looks like that person had to be flown to a hospital. This keeps getting worse.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Heliosicle posted:

That was really horrific, can see them banning Groenewegen for the rest of the season. They were going incredibly fast at that point, was the finish on a downhill?

Yes slight downhill 80kph apparently.

That overhead shot is really damning.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Wout is crushing it god drat.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Rad. TJV having a baller season.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

That stinks I hope he's ok. Some pretty bad injuries to start off the season restart.

Hopefully these young guys bounce back quickly.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

The Ineos/TJV battle should be great. But I wonder if there's gonna be internal challenges on Ineos too. It will probably be business as usual, but lots of young guys look for opportunities I think. I guess that could be an issue for both teams. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the 2nd and 3rd weeks when the cracks start showing.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

What a start.

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/08/the-tour-de-france-ice-rink-who-crashed-and-whos-hurt/

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Xabi posted:

Just turned on. Have I missed anything?

Sepp Kuss crashed and is working on getting back on. The start of the race Asgreen and De Gendt tried a break and it got roped in, in a couple minutes.

Nothing exciting today, but it's not an exciting stage.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

I'm betting it gets pulled back pretty quickly soonish.

Those guys have been in a break for 170km and now it's going uphill.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Powless looks great and GvA hanging on in this climb for as long as he did surprised me.

I'm hoping I'm wrong about the break getting caught. I really thought they didn't have much of a chance at the start.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

He's getting caught so whatever the plan was it didn't work

Sounds like Aru.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Pleasantly surprised. Strong ride.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Pure sprinters being dropped is definitely one of the best parts of bike racing.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

There's two groups (and a ton of people) behind the Peloton, but I'll highlight some sprinters.

Bennett and his green jersey are about 4 minutes behind.

Hirschi, Viviani, Kristoff, Ewan, and Greipel are about 7 minutes behind.

It's going downhill (and a tailwind?) now so I don't think they're gonna be able to force anyone out, but some of the big name sprinters are gonna feel it in the coming days.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

goatface posted:

De Gendt is a good boy.

I don't know if he'll survive, but pretty good timing. Bora is probably tired, the gc teams probably don't want to do any work, and the other teams probably don't want to put additional pressure on the two groups behind. Not sure what Ewan would think about it though.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Wout god drat lol.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

"OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE: each of the 785 tests carried out returned negative results. "

Hooray.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

And no gloves. When I wrecked without gloves one of my hands was by far the worst of it.

His look fine though which is great.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Good to see a rider that after crashing decides to increase their risk taking.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Adorable finish.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Just bookmark this page, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_UCI_World_Tour

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Does anyone have a favorite for worlds? It kind of reminds me of last year's course where there's a couple hard punches each lap. That was a really fun race to watch.

I guess Wout has to be up there.

I'm also really curious is Dygert can repeat her performance from last year.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Oof I hope she's alright. That stinks!

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

I've never seen anyone wobble like that in a crash.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Adam Yates abandons.

moctopus fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 4, 2020

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

And the GvA crash, https://streamable.com/43kr8e

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

https://streamable.com/7hkaib

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

I'm not too surprised by this list. I would say Sagan and Viviani stand out the most to me.

Here's their ages as well.

• Aru - 30
  • Cavendish - 35
  • Froome - 35
  • Uran - 33
  • Martin - 34
  • Dumoulin - 29
  • Thomas - 34
  • Sagan - 30
  • Nibali - 35
  • Valverde - 40
  • Gilbert - 38
  • GvA - 35
  • Viviani - 31

I think this list helps the other one. Bunch of dudes that are old or getting old. Only a few guys still in what would be considered their athletic prime. Half of those guys are sprinters and I thiiiiiink being competitive at at sprinting falls off sooner than being competitive at endurance, but I can't find the source I was looking for.

On that list I would guess Sagan gets the next win first. I'm also confident of the position I took two years ago. Cavendish will never win at this level again.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Smirr posted:

Cav is currently in the breakaway at Gent-Wevelgem, which gave me a sensible chuckle. Hell, maybe no one will chase?!?!!?

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

It's a shame today's Giro stage isn't a circuit with those 2 climbs. Snoozer otherwise.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Thank you James Knox for murdering everyone.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

It would be interesting. He's a big boy, but only an inch taller than Wiggins. But if any team can get a rider lighter...

I thought today was a good litmus test. I knew he could do shorter TTs really quickly, but he smashed it today and uphill. 26" on Rohan Dennis on a course I wouldn't have guessed suited him. Wild.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

I would like to thank him for doing that while a camera was right on him.

That sucks and I'm glad he's alright. Could have been so much worse given what he was doing.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

I watched it a bunch of times and I think it catches just his finger.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

I grabbed a screen-cap.

Think he's just got his finger hanging out there and yoink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Hell yeah train!