Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the biggest loser of these cucking storylines?
This poll is closed.
Vince McMahon, the pathetic old lech. 43 17.00%
Vince McMahon, the sad old man. 41 16.21%
Vince McMahon and his toxic ideas on masculinity. 53 20.95%
Vince McMahon and the sad crumbling remnants of a once innovative mind. 48 18.97%
Vince McMahon. Just... Vince McMahon. 68 26.88%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I mean the people that were going to watch tonight are going to watch and the people that weren't aren't going to tune in due to any combination of rematches they'll announce between now and then because it's always the same stuff.

It seems like they could just say "WWE Hell In A Cell is tonight" without any lineup and it's the final stop on the only the brand matters and not the individual stars world tour they've been setting up for over a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Dimebags Brain posted:

A bold assumption to think they will put even half as much effort into it as this.

I suddenly long for the days of feuds set up by spilling coffee on a guy or pissing in his teapot. A feud over a Japanese hair product endorsement seems like a pipe dream.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i didn't know hell in the cell is tonight. more like heck in a sack, get it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm also tempted to watch tonight just to see what kind of trainwreck Vince comes up with

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I'm really excited for the match

*checks match list*

uhhhh

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Armageddon six man HIAC, let's goooooo

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's pretty clear whenever the Saudi Blood Money Super Show is around the corner Vince and Co lose all focus for what they are doing here Stateside. They're letting what had essentially become their Halloween show, just feel as important as a dark match.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Im tuning in to lol when the fiend loses

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Im tuning in to lol when the fiend loses

I fully expect fiend to claw seth for a submission then he wont release the hold and will get a dq decsion reversal

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i didn't know hell in the cell is tonight. more like heck in a sack, get it.

Painus in your anus

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Brokenogre posted:

I fully expect fiend to claw seth for a submission then he wont release the hold and will get a dq decsion reversal
Braun will run out and rip open the cage so seth can run out of the arena screaming, crying and pissing his pants

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I was mildly disappointed that they just beat the vintner on TV, I thought he did an okay job on the mic and you could have gotten some more mileage out of him in his program with Roman. I think the obvious expectation is Bryan turning on Roman tonight but, it being WWE, I'm not ruling out Roman and Bryan just winning and then moving on to separate brands in the draft, abandoning the planned angle entirely.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Brokenogre posted:

While in the Cell itself.........which has no DQ........lol

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Jiro posted:

While in the Cell itself.........which has no DQ........lol

Oh i know the cell has no dq normally but dont forget wwe posted a poll on twitter earlier this week asking how the match will end and DQ was an option

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

seth will need to use TWO pedigrees to beat the fiend, which puts the fiend over as well

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Brokenogre posted:

Oh i know the cell has no dq normally but dont forget wwe posted a poll on twitter earlier this week asking how the match will end and DQ was an option

:thejoke:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Do we know yet if they're still using the red cell from last year that nobody in person could see through?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im gonna watch this dipshit terrible ppv at a friends house right up until the righteous gemstones comes on, at which point (if trends continue) i will get an eyeful of dong and be thankful for it

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Dacap posted:

Do we know yet if they're still using the red cell from last year that nobody in person could see through?

The cell was represented by a red cage in the Firefly Funhouse segment on Raw.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

boxcarhobo posted:

im gonna watch this dipshit terrible ppv at a friends house right up until the righteous gemstones comes on, at which point (if trends continue) i will get an eyeful of dong and be thankful for it

Not sure why your friend needs to watch The Righteous Gemstones in their starkers but to each their own I guess

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

everyone has rituals

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
rumored undercard:

Ali vs. Orton
Kabuki Warriors vs. Bliss/Cross for WWE Women's Tag Team Titles
Up in the air: 8-man tag team match - Kevin Owens, The New Day vs. AJ Styles, The OC, and King Corbin (Will be following an episode of The KO Show)
Preshow matches: Natalya vs. Lacey Evans

becky/sasha to open (20 minutes) seth/fiend to close (25 minutes)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

god drat that is dire

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
remember when seth and braun won the tag titles?

why did that happen

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Hopkins FBI posted:

why did that happen

So the ratings drop from the first to the third hour wouldn't be as strong.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Incessant Excess posted:

Kabuki Warriors vs. Bliss/Cross for WWE Women's Tag Team Titles

I thought the rumor had these belt getting retired with the draft while the 24/7 got pushed strictly to youtube has that changed?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Braun will run out and rip open the cage so seth can run out of the arena screaming, crying and pissing his pants

how do i 'like' a post on something awful dot com

Incessant Excess posted:

Up in the air: 8-man tag team match - Kevin Owens, The New Day vs. AJ Styles, The OC, and King Corbin (Will be following an episode of The KO Show)

If this is real I hope Owens turns on New Day again, just to really drive home that Kofi is the stupidest motherfucker in the world.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Hopkins FBI posted:

why did that happen

paul heyman uses tag belts to set up singles matches, and does not much care for tag team wrestling as anything other than filler

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
an 8 man tag team on a loving ppv lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wish WWE would just eliminate the tag titles altogether and stop pretending they have a tag division

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

shiksa posted:

an 8 man tag team on a loving ppv lol

what's wrong with that. isn't that survivor series' whole gimmick? or was, I have no idea I haven't seen a survivor series in over a decade.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
who did seth and braun even beat for the titles the revival, i guess?

why are ziggler and roode a tag team now?

why is rovert back? Jesus.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DuhSal posted:

what's wrong with that. isn't that survivor series' whole gimmick? or was, I have no idea I haven't seen a survivor series in decades.

Its a thrown together meaningless match done to fill time. Its bad when a company can't just book a full card and needs filler material for "PPV".

Survivor Series is in theory a gimmick and ideally you'd want there to be stories for any matches. Ideally. Or at least like fun ideas. Not just 8 random people.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DuhSal posted:

what's wrong with that. isn't that survivor series' whole gimmick? or was, I have no idea I haven't seen a survivor series in decades.

Yeah but those are single elimination and during the cartoon era had fun themes or reasoning for most of the teams

I loved when Survivor Series was mostly that and the teams had even short builds to explain why they were teams. Now it's all variations on the ol' Teddy Long making the match happen right now because of something that happened 30 seconds ago

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

STAC Goat posted:

Its a thrown together meaningless match done to fill time. Its bad when a company can't just book a full card and needs filler material for "PPV".

Survivor Series is in theory a gimmick and ideally you'd want there to be stories for any matches. Ideally.

in fairness, you could argue that most of those matches on the rumoured card are meaningless matches done to fill time. but I understand what you're saying.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah but those are single elimination and during the cartoon era had fun themes or reasoning for most of the teams

I loved when Survivor Series was mostly that and the teams had even short builds to explain why they were teams. Now it's all variations on the ol' Teddy Long making the match happen right now because of something that happened 30 seconds ago

oh I loved survivor series back in the 90's. that elimination thing with the story builds was great, agreed.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The cartoon era of WWF was rough in tons of spots due to the overall talent level but they had good builds and many good ideas from back then that were just tossed out after the Attitude era hit and it's a shame

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
I'm looking forward to 90 minutes of 24/7 title matches on the show tonight.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I cannot wait for Alexa and Nikki to beat Asuka and Kairi tonight with their incredibly lovely looking new tag finisher. At this point I think out of all of the main roster women who have been called up over the past two years, Kairi has had the worst experience so far.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Some posters I could identify with not just avatars but usernames off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Incessant Excess posted:

Some posters I could identify with not just avatars but usernames off.

We should do an event where everyone in SA shuffles avatars a day to see what kind of chaos ensues