Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the biggest loser of these cucking storylines?
This poll is closed.
Vince McMahon, the pathetic old lech. 43 17.00%
Vince McMahon, the sad old man. 41 16.21%
Vince McMahon and his toxic ideas on masculinity. 53 20.95%
Vince McMahon and the sad crumbling remnants of a once innovative mind. 48 18.97%
Vince McMahon. Just... Vince McMahon. 68 26.88%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Incessant Excess posted:

rumored undercard:

Ali vs. Orton
Kabuki Warriors vs. Bliss/Cross for WWE Women's Tag Team Titles
Up in the air: 8-man tag team match - Kevin Owens, The New Day vs. AJ Styles, The OC, and King Corbin (Will be following an episode of The KO Show)
Preshow matches: Natalya vs. Lacey Evans

becky/sasha to open (20 minutes) seth/fiend to close (25 minutes)

:laffo: holy poo poo that's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The moment somebody changes their Avatar I have no idea who they are. Nevermind usernames.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Last week I changed my avatar for the first time in like 12 years and I keep forgetting and thinking my posts didn't work.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

I'm also tempted to watch tonight just to see what kind of trainwreck Vince comes up with

I only saw December to Dismember just after it happened and that has to stand as the worst modern WWE show. But my memory says it wasn't even fun to watch as a trainwreck, it was just a stupid waste of time and bandwidth.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I miss my old avatar :smith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i have the best avatar on the forums, it’s the only good thing about any of my posts

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I think OSW did December to Dismember. Maybe I’ll watch that tonight as a tribute.

Still only the four matches, huh?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Viking Raiders and a ~*MYSTERY PARTNER*~ vs The OC was announced for tonight.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oh wow headed to wwe.com right now to sign up for the network

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I hope I'm in the mystery partner

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Love to belatedly announce matches for this definitely not half-assed PPV like two hours before start time and then the participants in the match still aren't even fully announced anyway

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

DarkstarIV posted:

Cedric then

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Oh wow headed to wwe.com right now to sign up for the network

Boy howdy, if that doesn't get you excited, then lemme tell you that Lacey Evans vs Natalya was just announced for the Kickoff show!!! How generous of WWE. :v:

Chad Gable vs Corbin was announced as well.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DarkstarIV posted:

This is even worse than those other rumored matches.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Kabuki Warriors vs Alexa/Nikki for the Women's Tag Titles were announced.

See my previous post about this match for how I feel.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DarkstarIV posted:

They're giving youtubers title shots now?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DarkstarIV posted:

Man, it feels bad that the prospect of having Asuka, Kairi and Nikki in a match brings on more dread than excitement at this point.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1180945403484803077

As I said on Twitter you just know Vince said "let's give them something special tonight" and this is the card he drew up.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Dias posted:

Man, it feels bad that the prospect of having Asuka, Kairi and Nikki in a match brings on more dread than excitement at this point.

Considering WWE loves putting Alexa over everyone who isn't a WWE 4HW again, yeah the prospect is grim.

And fun fact. I was listening to WOR this morning, and Dave mentioned that while Asuka might have signed a new contract recently, Kairi has not signed a new deal. Which means her contract is up in early-mid 2020 if so. And she's at the top of the list of talent Kenny wants for AEW.

Gonna be great watching WWE offer her a truck full of money to stay (and her likely declining) when she's been very clear her goal isn't to get a ton of money, but to actually wrestle on TV often in a role of prominence. Because she wants to bring smiles to peoples faces and inspire others to get into wrestling.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

They're giving youtubers title shots now?

Kana is a terrible truck driver to boot. What’s this Kari person ever done to deserve a title shot? Why waste the time with catering staff when you have noted worthy sports entertainers like Shane McMahon, Tyson Fury or Cain Velasquez?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Incessant Excess posted:

Some posters I could identify with not just avatars but usernames off.

Informative ones yes.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what were the ticket sales like for the show with no matches

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cavauro posted:

what were the ticket sales like for the show with no matches

Close to a sell-out. With a remotely decent walk up it will.

Anyway, the Women's Hell In A Cell and the Tornado Tag look like strong matches.

The six-man tag and Bayley/Charlotte could deliver. And if Kabuki Warriors win the tag belts it could turn the show to a total thumbs up. Paige said on the Smackdown red carpet that she's back. So the Kabuki Warriors might get a re-push now.

I assume the show will be dunked on regardless here but hey.

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 6, 2019

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

So it's just an episode of Raw on a Sunday?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

rovert posted:

Informative ones yes.

Also rovert and MotU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

JT Smiley posted:

They don't have Hell In A Cell matches on Raw but the undercard is yes pretty much. At least the Draft is next so we probably won't see these pairings again.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Also rovert and MotU

What do you think of the show and your expectations for tonight? More interesting to me than Posting about Posters.

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 6, 2019

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Well since you asked so nicely.

JT Smiley posted:

Really makes me glad I don't watch RAW weekly, otherwise this might be too brutal to handle after a week like this.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

DarkstarIV posted:

CazXL

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Which match is a Tornado tag?

So is Elias actually hurt too? If so what was the point of Elias burying Gable if its not Gable vs Elias tonight

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Which match is a Tornado tag?

So is Elias actually hurt too? If so what was the point of Elias burying Gable if its not Gable vs Elias tonight

Because he's short.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

KungFu Grip posted:

what was the point

I think it's time to stop asking yourself that question while watching WWE.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

J-Ro posted:

I think it's time to stop asking yourself that question while watching WWE.

I asked myself this about everything so i can ignore that the answer is "nothing matters but dying"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Holy gently caress this stage is ugly.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

It's like if the new DOOM games looked like poo poo.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
its ugly as gently caress but I dont even care its not the stage from the weekly TV Ill take it

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
hell of a smell

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
You have no PPV matches booked and you can do anything you want with no rhyme or reason. That's what they give us...

DarkstarIV posted:

What do you people want? Seriously, that looks great for a PPV titled "Hell in a Cell"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It's the smackdown set without the entrance pillars you nerds

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the set is whatever, the matches thrown together the day of the show which is a blow off before the draft does not inspire any confidence at all, its gonna be a long and mostly boring ppv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There will be a couple of good matches and maybe a fun result or two, some other bad booking decisions or directions will happen, some posters will focus on those and how nothing has changed and its all the same problems, others will focus on the good matches and complain that everyone is unfair about WWE, then RAW will happen and the cycle repeats.

PPVs on the Network have taken away WWE's interest in booking them as big events, but it also has taken away fans' expectations since they're not actually paying for them and its just yet another night of WWE.