Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

For whatever reason this made me remember that the reps straight up had an Obama impersonator for stuff.

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/04/ron-paul-debates-obama-impersonator-on-fox.html

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fake-obama-hired-by-fox-197109

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Lmcq7Qe6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10D2oVkiyZA

such innocent times ~~

:page2snype:

Erghh fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Jeez y'all she got convicted no need to wish further harm on her. Being a cop in jail is probably gonna be pretty loving unbearable, even without the guilt of having murdered an innocent man.

What the gently caress are you talking about? Also "guilt"? She didn't even bother trying to help or grabbing her first aid kit. She called 911, watched him die, and texted her boyfriend that she might not make it over to his house. gently caress her.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Seriously, why the gently caress did the judge even allow that to be considered. Hope she dies in prison.

I expect the judge was following the law by not denying to a criminal defendant an instruction that was supported by evidence that came up in the trial.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4I_4i0_LeU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'm guessing that the jury rightfully put themselves more in the shoes of the "person who opens the front door when someone knocks" than the "drunk and confused person with a gun and itchy trigger finger."

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1179055524500905984

When the Democrats don’t do poo poo about this, you can go ahead and forget impeachment.

(Go ahead and forget it)

E: I’ve been saying that everything congress does when it comes to interviewing people, getting testimony, hearings, etc etc are all a dog and pony show and they don’t mean poo poo. Time to find out if I’m right or just jaded.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Jeez y'all she got convicted no need to wish further harm on her. Being a cop in jail is probably gonna be pretty loving unbearable, even without the guilt of having murdered an innocent man.

guilt lmao

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'll be convinced when she doesn't get the minimum sentence, isn't put in the best possible prison conditions, and isn't released the moment parole becomes available.

And what in the world makes you think she feels guilty for a moment? That she cried when she found out she would be punished?

Probably just that almost everyone feels guilty when they kill someone, supposedly.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Chichevache posted:

Probably just that almost everyone feels guilty when they kill someone, supposedly.

Her actions when a man that she shot was laying there dying next to her indicate that she doesn’t feel guilty she killed a man. She feels guilty that she’s going to prison.

There are people who don’t feel guilty about trafficking children for sex. It’s not outside the realm of possibility that an entitled white woman feels no guilt for killing a black man.

colachute fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 1, 2019

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

colachute posted:

Her actions when a man that she shot in his own home was laying there dying next to her indicate that she doesn’t feel guilty she killed a man. She feels guilty that she’s going to prison.

This.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Chichevache posted:

This is why we villainize the victims

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

colachute posted:

Her actions when a man that she shot was laying there dying next to her indicate that she doesn’t feel guilty she killed a man. She feels guilty that she’s going to prison.

There are people who don’t feel guilty about trafficking children for sex. It’s not outside the realm of possibility that an entitled white woman feels no guilt for killing a black man.

I've never killed anything bigger than a mouse. Does everyone react perfectly rationally when they take a life? Genuinely curious if you have insight here.

I mean maybe she is a coldblooded psychopath, that's possible. But I spend a lot of time with people who have done heinous crimes and then reacted in ways that appear just as indifferent as Amber Guyger. Like the 19 year old I know who kicked a homeless lady to death and then went to sleep in her tent while she died in the cold. I'd like to believe he feels some guilt, even though he committed one of the most disgusting crimes I can think of. I don't want to assume hes a hopeless murderer, because if he is that reptilian in nature then what are we even supposed to do with people like that? It's a slippery slope I'd rather not go down.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Michigan Flynn is going to get jailtime.

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1179082018858110976?s=19

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'll be convinced when she doesn't get the minimum sentence, isn't put in the best possible prison conditions, and isn't released the moment parole becomes available.

And what in the world makes you think she feels guilty for a moment? That she cried when she found out she would be punished?

I tend to think that most (almost all) people are capable of empathy, even if it doesn't necessarily shine through all their other personality defects / defense mechanisms. I'm no fan of cops, and certainly think that this sentence was justified, but I always feel a bit uncomfortable when people start celebrating the misery of others. Guess I'm just a big ol' softy.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I tend to think that most (almost all) people are capable of empathy, even if it doesn't necessarily shine through all their other personality defects / defense mechanisms. I'm no fan of cops, and certainly think that this sentence was justified, but I always feel a bit uncomfortable when people start celebrating the misery of others. Guess I'm just a big ol' softy.

Yeah won’t someone think of her misery brought on by walking into an apartment and shooting someone.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Do Flynn next!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

joat mon posted:

Do Flynn next!

Well people on this very board have discussed their love for General Flynn...

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

She 👏 watched 👏 him 👏 die 👏 instead 👏 of 👏 helping 👏

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Hong Kong situation not improving, the police have shot a teenage protester.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-49891403

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

monkeytennis posted:

Hong Kong situation not improving, the police have shot a teenage protester.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-49891403

Oh poo poo. That's going to shuft the protests to the next phase.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Kawasaki Nun posted:

You're not a softy, you're dangerously naive.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

Michigan Flynn

please keep this

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

You're not a softy, you're dangerously naive.

Psychopathy has an incidence rate of less than 1% so I think I'm on pretty firm ground here but thanks for your suggestion!

I guess if you include Borderline Personality Disorder you'd be closer to ~2% but that's still most everyone. Not to mention that people with these conditions may still be able to comprehend or understand empathy, even if they don't act on it.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 1, 2019

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Psychopathy has an incidence rate of less than 1% so I think I'm on pretty firm ground here but thanks for your suggestion!

I guess if you include Borderline Personality Disorder you'd be closer to ~2% but that's still most everyone. Not to mention that people with these conditions may still be able to comprehend or understand empathy, even if they don't act on it.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

She 👏 watched 👏 him 👏 die 👏 instead 👏 of 👏 helping 👏

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

FAUXTON posted:

please keep this

I sentence Michael Flynn to

FOUR YEARS IN GRAND RAPIDS

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

If you're gonna be stuck in a Michigan city, you could do much much worse

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Send him to Flint and ban him from buying or receiving bottled water.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Drop him off in western Pakistan and let his mouth do the rest.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Take him to Detroit!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Well people on this very board have discussed their love for General Flynn...

Dude's over that now, we've all agreed Flynn is a huge piece of poo poo.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Dude's over that now, we've all agreed Flynn is a huge piece of poo poo.
Not Shim, the doofus who defended him last week.

Edit: Refers to ColdWarTimeWarp.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 1, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I think we should change the subject because this won’t go anywhere worth it.

https://twitter.com/peteralexander/status/1179042978200993792?s=21

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Casimir Radon posted:

Not Shim, the doofus who defended him last week.

Really?? I thought he acknowledged the shittiness months ago. Ah well.

My bad. Hows them stonks doin?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

colachute posted:

I think we should change the subject because this won’t go anywhere worth it.

https://twitter.com/peteralexander/status/1179042978200993792?s=21

i thought it was a rat problem the WH had

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Democratic House response right now to the Executive Branch giving it the finger is essentially "ok fine, that's a new Article of Impeachment for us, we're not waiting for court bullshit anymore"

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1179100294531158017?s=19

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Really?? I thought he acknowledged the shittiness months ago. Ah well.

My bad. Hows them stonks doin?
I phrased that badly. Shim hasn't defended him in years. ColdWarTimeWarp is who I called a doofus.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nick Soapdish posted:

If you're gonna be stuck in a Michigan city, you could do much much worse

Yeah seriously, GR isn't even a bad city, no worse than Boise or Tacoma these days.

If you wanna punish him send him to one of these places. Motherfucking 49% poverty rate in Highland Park.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
What about Sault Ste Marie, Michigan? I hear it's worse than the Ontario side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Put all rich white people in Southside Chicago since they want to constantly use it as a prop for authoritarianism. But call it SS Chicago since they might be intrigued that way.