Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Well, here we are again, a new month, a new thread.
Perhaps better luck for all us goons this time round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yay Halloween.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I accidentally scheduled my date for getting snipped on my wedding anniversary. :lol:

I mean, it's a pretty good "present" since my wife and I never want to have an infant again (current is 6 weeks old and it is less than fun).

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Suburban Dad posted:

I accidentally scheduled my date for getting snipped on my wedding anniversary. :lol:

I mean, it's a pretty good "present" since my wife and I never want to have an infant again (current is 6 weeks old and it is less than fun).

Preach. I love our kids, but drat we're tired right now. Between infant, school(s), work, and trying to sell and buy a new house... I need a break.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

I almost got snipped years ago before my son was born because we thought we didn't want children ever..... I showed up for the appointment and changed my mind.

Good thing because I have an awesome son and can't imagine life without him :)

T-Square
May 14, 2009

There's a guy at work who has like 18 kids between his previous marriage, his current marriage, and his current wife's previous marriage.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It's October, give me some horror films to watch if you know any good ones. My list from what I can currently remember with a frazzled brain:

The VVitch
It Follows
Hereditary
The Void
FRANKENHOOKER
Re-Animator
Borderlands
Mandy
VHS 2
Green Room

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Hellraiser, obviously

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

T-Square posted:

There's a guy at work who has like 18 kids between his previous marriage, his current marriage, and his current wife's previous marriage.

Was he the focus of the beginning of Idiocracy?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's October, give me some horror films to watch if you know any good ones.

Evil Dead 2

Best horror movie ever made imo.

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

It's the buzzer I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the V8's dead.
Just ordered 76kgs of fireworks for Halloween! :woop:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KozmoNaut posted:

Hellraiser

Classics for suuuuuuuuuuuuure. It's been a long time since I watched Evil Dead though so I'm gonna have to give that a spin soon I think.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

T-Square posted:

God drat. I work with a dude who has 4 from 3 different women and he still won't get snipped.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's October, give me some horror films to watch if you know any good ones. My list from what I can currently remember with a frazzled brain:

The VVitch
It Follows
Hereditary
The Void
FRANKENHOOKER
Re-Animator
Borderlands
Mandy
VHS 2
Green Room

Last year on TCM I saw "The Devil Doll":

Nebakenezzer posted:

On TCM over Halloween I recorded a few old horror movies. I'm watching one right now, "the Devil Doll" (1936) and it is **insane**. In a good way! It stars the actor that would go on to play Mr. Potter [post hoc google, Lionel Barrymore] in It's a Wonderful Life, he's mostly in drag as a old women and is using mad science to mentally control people who are shrunk down in size. This mental domination happens because the shrinking people become drones when shrunk because their brains are too small, and they just lie inert until a nearby brain connects with them

Right now it has a distinct Mrs. Doubtfire vibe, if Mrs. Doubtfire had a single adult daughter who despised robin willians and is living on the edge of whoredom, and William's character was planning on wreaking a murderous vengeance with mind-controlled miniatures

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I almost got snipped years ago before my son was born because we thought we didn't want children ever..... I showed up for the appointment and changed my mind.

Good thing because I have an awesome son and can't imagine life without him :)

Two is enough for me. I don't foresee any second thoughts happening here.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
We have two girls, and both were very expensive IVF test tube babies. The chances of us having another one naturally are one in a billion according to the fertility doctor. Same guy high-fived me telling me I have “super sperm” in our first meeting. That was awkward.

Edit: horror movie- Bone Tomahawk. Western horror. Good cringe factor.

Modus Man fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 1, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

Two is enough for me. I don't foresee any second thoughts happening here.

Oh yeah I get it after having kids for sure. We're one and done :)

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

I don't habitually air personal stuff to the internet, but probably the worst possible thing imaginable happened to me in September, so I don't see how October could possibly be worse. Build yourselves a support system, you'll need it at some point and it might just keep you above water and sane.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I keep meaning to make the call and get my vas deferens separated from doing the job. I have three kids that are the most frustratingly wonderful creatures this speckled green blue marble has to offer. Three is it for us though.

stevobob posted:

I don't habitually air personal stuff to the internet, but probably the worst possible thing imaginable happened to me in September, so I don't see how October could possibly be worse. Build yourselves a support system, you'll need it at some point and it might just keep you above water and sane.

Dude AI is good therapy with level heads all around. Good to know there is more up from where you are now.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Horror films:

Antichrist, Baskin, Bloodsucking Freaks, A Serbian Film, The Love Witch, Mandy, Grabbers (comedy horror).

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The one kid I got... didn't put me in a mood to have more. This despite being one of three kids, and my parents each one of 6-8 kids. Or possibly because of.
The wife is the one who suggested I get snipped (which I did) when it was clear neither one of us was up for another child. No regerts.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

stevobob posted:

i hope things are working out better for you now

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

KozmoNaut posted:

Hellraiser, obviously

Hey man, good to see you around, can’t remember seeing you post lately, although that could just be me.

stevobob posted:

I hope that October will treat you a little better. :)

Speaking of airing personal stuff, suffice to say that breaking down crying ten seconds into a one-on-one with your manager is probably not a sign of sustainable stress levels. Taking tomorrow off to decompress a bit.

Take care of yourselves, goons. You might all be manly men, but trust me, you’re next to useless after exploring your breaking point.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

quote:

Octoboer

Not sure there's many colonial Dutch farmers on SA OP, but good luck with the thread.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

bolind posted:

Speaking of airing personal stuff, suffice to say that breaking down crying ten seconds into a one-on-one with your manager is probably not a sign of sustainable stress levels. Taking tomorrow off to decompress a bit.

Take care of yourselves, goons. You might all be manly men, but trust me, you’re next to useless after exploring your breaking point.

Ooooooft. Yeah, be really careful, burnout is on your immediate horizon.

(ditto - maybe it's something inherent to the line of work we both do?)

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

meltie posted:

(ditto - maybe it's something inherent to the line of work we both do?)

Oh, you're also in the rapidly-changing-requirements-with-little-information-all-the-responsibility-with-none-of-the-mandate business? Always nice to meet a colleague.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

stevobob posted:

One of my worst irrational fears became real at the end of July/beginning of August. It's something my partner and I will deal with for the rest of our lives, however long hers may or may not be. I was hesitant to share here, because I'm not the type who likes to share poo poo like that with people, let alone strangers from the internet. I did anyway, and there's a lot of good people in here that shared similar stories and said some pretty nice things in response. I hope you make it through the other side of whatever it is you're going through.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Goons is good people tbh

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Are we all just now realizing that October is spelled wrong in the chat thread?

This is like that one time in the early life of Facebook where I created a group and spelled a word wrong and there was no way to edit the named of a group but this is much more shameful.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
The gently caress is wrong with me why am I looking for EJ20 shortblocks on ebay I have a sickness

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Are we all just now realizing that October is spelled wrong in the chat thread?

This is like that one time in the early life of Facebook where I created a group and spelled a word wrong and there was no way to edit the named of a group but this is much more shameful.

Just proof that we are living in a simulation, man.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
My head is about to loving explode from all of this phone system poo poo holy gently caress.
There are literally 21 pages of just lists of manuals.

Like each line is the name of a manual, there are 100 lines per page and there are 21 pages. I'm sick of just reading through manual names and the one manual I'm looking at now has over 500 pages.

That's a gently caress ton of technical writing, my god.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 1, 2019

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sounds like either an Avaya or a Cisco.

Call routing is haaaaaaaard

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Adiabatic posted:

The gently caress is wrong with me why am I looking for EJ20 shortblocks on ebay I have a sickness

I'm not seeing the problem here???

Someone in QQCS is posting mod/admin stats and apparently the probation count this year by you is.... zero?

(Thats a good thing but still.... literally zero this year? That cant be right)

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Just to amuse the thread: moar clippings

No idea about this, as you can imagine it is difficult to google

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm not seeing the problem here???

Someone in QQCS is posting mod/admin stats and apparently the probation count this year by you is.... zero?

(Thats a good thing but still.... literally zero this year? That cant be right)

Deffo not right, but not far from it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Adiabatic posted:

Deffo not right, but not far from it.

AI does tend to be well behaved but no one probated at all? That's hard to believe.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Kazinsal posted:

Sounds like either an Avaya or a Cisco.

Call routing is haaaaaaaard

call routing is easy actually.

It's NEC SV9500
Avaya is bullshit.
Cisco is actually not bad except they DO NOT play well with anything else.

I personally like Asterisk based stuff but whatever I'm not complaining.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

AI does tend to be well behaved but no one probated at all? That's hard to believe.

Thats top 30 looks like. I didn't make the cut, gents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Also this is a work of art:

BurgerQuest posted:

i think i've cracked this one