Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm at a training course and I honestly can't remember the last time I was this bored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

freelop posted:

Today I ticked off an AI thing on the closest thing I've got to a bucket list
Drove the Amalfi Coast in this:

1970 Alfa Romeo Spider
First time driving on the wrong side of the road but it didn't take too long to stop punching the door when trying to change gear.
Never driven something without power steering before so looking forward to having Hulk arms tomorrow, it had no seatbelts and all round drum brakes too so that was interesting.

The drive itself was extremely scenic and not too difficult - the hardest bit was navigating Sorrento. Well worth doing but I think I'll take a coach trip next time to relax a bit more.

You definitely selected hard mode. We drove amalfi in an astra diesel estate and that was stressful enough. Are you going to continue down the coast and check out paestum?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My toy for the day

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Amazingly, he’s incredibly respectful in general but especially of cars and bikes. I taught him to drive standard when he was nine years old, and he learned to ride motorcycle at 12. He helped me repair and modify the RX7 all last winter, so that will be his first car although it won’t really be a daily driver. He will probably end up getting the FXT for that job.

I'd say that hes gonna be cooler than all of us combined except that he probably already is

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Next item on the list

Took like 2 hours to get it set up on the ramp lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

Seeing as Ferrari owners are squarely at the intersection of "owns an expensive, delicate thing" and "is extremely anal about the condition of said thing", just the act of safely lifting some of these cars has to be tedious as gently caress.

Most of em are fairly straightforward to lift but the F50 has literally nothing you can stick a ramp leg under in the back except the engine/gearbox. The best part was jacking it up in the middle and then having two guys hang off the front of the car to lift the back up so I could slide the massive rear undertray out from underneath it