Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

shadow hearts has a lot of really good text boxes

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm playing Octopath Traveler this month. It'll be Octopath October.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

oh dude.. ever since china reversed its ban on western holidays/jackolanterns, the gacha games are fuckin FIRE this time of year. i mean honestly, like i didnt already have enough witch and devil costumes for the girls, right? fuckin mobile gamer feels right there lol. barely got time to grind out the oktoberfest waifus before theyre steamrolling ya with sexy mummy girls, you know?

lmao

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

net cafe scandal posted:

Shilling Soma this year as per usual.

This isn't all that scary compared to Amnesia but the storytelling is top notch

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
SOMA this dick

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1180856460709789697?s=19

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

I need some epic Halloween mods for Morrowind

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Stardew Autumn gaming. Stardew co-op is like a drug

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Pumprag posted:

Hell Mod.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Hell yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it not the time for that

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

trying to decide if i should replay parasite eve 1/2 now for halloween or save for cold weather gaming

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI3c4_K3smY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

👀

ConcernedApe posted:

"I’ve been unofficially calling 1.4 the “everything” update because it touches pretty much every aspect of the game in some way or another. One of my major goals was to add in a lot of “quality of life” features that make the game more convenient and effortless to play.”

“There are some really simple things that were missing from the game that really improve the experience, like being able to press TAB on PC to switch from one row of your inventory to the next, or to be able to hover over an item and get an indication as to whether it’s required for any of the community center bundles or not.”

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

He’s also apparently adding more events for after marriage and childbirth, which is cool because those definitely seemed like they could have been expanded on more

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Any word on when that rear end drops? I hope it's during comfy gaming fall/winter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nothing concrete and he's been teasing it for like a year so it's probably gonna be a while.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I can get all that QOL stuff from the 18,000 mods the insane people make. I want that juicy lore content.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I did a heavily modded run a few years back and fell off pretty hard due to max speed/atk/infinite hp making it too easy and boring. No point building a stable with max speed, no point of completing the mines, the time pausing indoors completely breaks the game in a bad way, etc etc.

The only mod I would consider using in the future is the minimap mod, but I prefer clean rear end vanilla gaming in the creators vision 99.9% of the time.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I never got into mods and I'm not even sure if they work with MacBook Air gaming. I did watch the YouTube videos from that Ulililia-type guy who would use mods to break the game in insane ways and it all seemed so soulless and boring. Cool you've got a tractor that moves 100mph and plows 64 tiles at once.

One QOL mod I'd do would be beehives producing honey in the greenhouse since I spent like 2 hours designing the most aesthetically pleasing and cost efficient crop layout on a sheet of graph paper before realizing they didn't work.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I did a heavily modded run a few years back and fell off pretty hard due to max speed/atk/infinite hp making it too easy and boring. No point building a stable with max speed, no point of completing the mines, the time pausing indoors completely breaks the game in a bad way, etc etc.

The only mod I would consider using in the future is the minimap mod, but I prefer clean rear end vanilla gaming in the creators vision 99.9% of the time.

I think there are some decent UI/QOL things out there, stuff like being able to see on the fly if an item is part of a bundle is really useful without breaking balance and I'm glad he's integrating some of that into vanilla. The cheat stuff and mechanical overhauls make no sense to me, especially for such a fundamentally open, low pressure, chill game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I couldn't get enough stardew playing co-op so I stayed up all night playing a new solo farm. 1.4 can't get here soon enough.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

that doraemon story of seasons game came out today btw

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not really good with horror games but I've had Dead Space sitting around for years so I think I'm going to try that finally.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Mekchu posted:

I'm not really good with horror games but I've had Dead Space sitting around for years so I think I'm going to try that finally.

i played the first one 5 years ago on my lovely laptop and it was chill. i tried the 2nd one and it scared me too much, maybe ill pick up again too..

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dead Space owns. Played it on Steam again just last year and it up it holds up. Really fun weapons in that game.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dead Space is one of the only games to ever truly scare me. One of those guys that crawls on the ground was rushing me and I just fired a shot into its head because I reacted too quickly to think about the limb cutting mechanic and it didn’t even slow down while it’s head burst apart, just kept skittering straight towards me while regrowing a new freaky-looking head around the crater of its old one. Freaky poo poo.

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

replaying dq8 atm. sir leopold is brutal and scary :(
i bought the DMC collection awhile back(never touched the series) but this thread has me brimming with inspiration to play it

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Idk how well it holds up, but Prenumbra: Overture and Amensia: The Dark Descent were favorites of mine. Same guys who made SOMA (deep nuts).

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Been playing Dragon's Dogma. I know it's not really a horror game but it's still got some creepy stuff going on and the atmosphere of Bitterblack Isle is fantastic.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pumprag posted:

watch the skies.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Watch the skies.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just realized I own Luigi's Mansion and never played it. I hope the 3ds version isn't busted in some way

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Just realized I own Luigi's Mansion and never played it. I hope the 3ds version isn't busted in some way

No, they did a good job with it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

not sure what spooky games to play. Maybe Observer, it looks cool. I have Evil Within 2 but kind of stopped after the first hour or so

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

not sure what spooky games to play. Maybe Observer, it looks cool. I have Evil Within 2 but kind of stopped after the first hour or so

I think TEW2 is worth playing a little more to see if it grabs you. The "open world" style of the first chapter put me off at first but it's just one style of gameplay that gets explored; there's a lot of variety in how different parts of the game are structured and it keeps stuff moving at an engaging pace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Pumprag posted: