Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park

Private Speech posted:

I guess it's just one of those US things, like under-18 curfews, rolling coal, corporal punishment and half the people having guns.

Considering just the example given by Colostomy Bag even that seems quite unreasonable to me. It's, well, do I get fined if I replace most of my lawn with a vegetable patch? Or a bunch of mint and lavender bushes? What if I don't want any lights on there?

e: To be clear those well all things that we had in our suburban house in the UK which I shared with a bunch of working professionals. Then again that's also a bit "lol UK" because we're talking about an engineer working in a film industry, a mental health therapist, foreign university lecturer and software engineer (me) sharing a semi-detached house with two floors.

And there are plenty of parts of the US where the idea of a HOA is foreign and enforcement of various ordinances is handled by the municipal government and people roll their eyes at the idea of an HOA telling you what color you can paint your house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU