Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandall
Jul 11, 2001
I also recently joined my HOA to see "how the sausage was made". It's been an interesting experience to be sure. Though I can't speak for all, in my case the board is made up of busy professionals who are all trying to do their best to maintain their community in their spare time. The easiest/hardest thing to manage is when homeowners get upset with a decision that is completely objective - ie the CC&Rs make a particular issue clear, and the board's job is to uphold the CC&Rs. Don't get mad at your board for enforcing rules that you agreed to when you moved into the neighborhood!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU