Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Intruder posted:

The Astros have Verlander, Cole and Greinke, but we constantly talk about missing Morton

There's a reason for this

Charlie.....

Even after the best pitcher the Astros had in a decade came up through the system and won a Cy Young, World Series, owned the Yankees in a WC game, owned the Yankees in an ALCS game, and was part of the core that rebuilt the team.

Nobody gives a poo poo about Keuchel. Come back Uncle Charlie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
nbd 100 from the left as a probable starter

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
having luzardo in the rotation next year is gonna be cool

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

This guy reminds me of Wagner. Filthy.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
A's should have started the lizard man

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
this is a depressing game but it's not too depressing because like every important A except Semien is under team control until about 2024 and most of the major holes have MLB-ready internal upgrades, so theoretically the A's window is just opening. it'd just be cool if they could do something tonight in case i get hit by a bus over the next year or so

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Dutchy posted:

this is a depressing game but it's not too depressing because like every important A except Semien is under team control until about 2024 and most of the major holes have MLB-ready internal upgrades, so theoretically the A's window is just opening. it'd just be cool if they could do something tonight in case i get hit by a bus over the next year or so

:wrong:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh hell yeah, a big fat guy pitcher

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Sab0921 posted:

Even after the best pitcher the Astros had in a decade came up through the system and won a Cy Young, World Series, owned the Yankees in a WC game, owned the Yankees in an ALCS game, and was part of the core that rebuilt the team.

Nobody gives a poo poo about Keuchel. Come back Uncle Charlie.

That’s mostly because Keuchel spent his last year here having very visible 1st inning meltdowns for a significant chunk of the season, even though he did even out and look better after the ASG.

Also CFM is just an overall cooler dude who doesn’t need a giant ugly cowcatcher beard.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Davis swung lol

e: didn't matter in the end

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
right on right crime

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I feel like the only Astros fan who gets misty for guys like Keuchel

The dude was nails for us in 2015 and if not for a massive pen meltdown we reach the ALCS on his back

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Intruder posted:

I feel like the only Astros fan who gets misty for guys like Keuchel

The dude was nails for us in 2015 and if not for a massive pen meltdown we reach the ALCS on his back

That WC game was beautiful.

My wife made us go to Atlanta this year to watch Keuchel and McCann (note - we have very close friends in ATL who had a baby recently, but the motivating factor for her was the baseball game). You and her can commiserate over your beautiful beard bois.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eh I have no mistiness for McCann

My favorite McCann moment was when I predicted him barely making it first to third on a massive Marwin double to the power alley in game 7

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Lmao I forgot Cleveland traded Yandy Diaz because they went sunk-cost on Jason Kipnis and Diaz had nowhere to play

Just lol

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Lmao I forgot Cleveland traded Yandy Diaz because they went sunk-cost on Jason Kipnis and Diaz had nowhere to play

Just lol

There's a lesson to be had if the Rays call and are extremely high on one of your floundering young players.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

marioinblack posted:

There's a lesson to be had if the Rays call and are extremely high on one of your floundering young players.

and do not listen to their lies. jake bauers is not actually Good. never listen.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Is this game over yet?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Mustache Ride posted:

Is this game over yet?

probably but no

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

Eh I have no mistiness for McCann

My favorite McCann moment was when I predicted him barely making it first to third on a massive Marwin double to the power alley in game 7

McCann was a strong communicator. The pitcher whisperer. He could go up, whisper a few things to whomever was pitching and settle them down - that's why she loved him - she is convinced he is the only reason we won the World Series.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
The A's are making me sad

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I really felt bad for Diaz at the time. There was a great article in The Athletic before that trade where they interviewed him and you could tell how frustrated he was that Cleveland clearly did not value what he had and wouldn’t play him and kept dicking him around to make room for Kipnis, even though Kipnis was having a historically bad season.

I’m glad he’s on a contending team instead of wasting away in the misery that is Cleveland.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Homeybeef posted:

The A's are making me sad

They uncovered Mt. Davis only to have this happen - just getting utterly owned by Rays pitching

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

A's *sigh*

Hope the Braves do better than this.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just a little chaos bloop

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
i will accept this, let it be the beginning of chaosball.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
By the way, gently caress Matt Chapman

The one good A

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

LeeMajors posted:

A's *sigh*

Hope the Braves do better than this.

Respectfully disagree.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

...! posted:

By the way, gently caress Matt Chapman

The one good A

semien is also good, imo, looking forward to getting quote-tweeted and WRONGed for this

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Like those 2 innings out of Diego.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

R.D. Mangles posted:

semien is also good, imo, looking forward to getting quote-tweeted and WRONGed for this

Piscotty seems like a good dude

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
cooked dinner, ate dinner, walked dog and this game still has 2 innings to go

and the a's havent scored

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I will settle for a single run-scoring base hit.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Profar yippin

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Please god let Barreto figure it out and take the 2B job next year, I can't watch Profar try to turn double plays anymore

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

watching these two games i'm almost relieved my dumb team got spared the wild card game

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
lowe was having a great year before his injury and his line looks thoroughly mediocre compared to yordan

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Piscotty seems like a good dude

He's super nice and even if you hate the Cardinals that trade remains the best trade I can think of ever and they should be credited for doing the right thing.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't trust nick anderson in a playoff game (extremely nba tweet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
this anderson guy seems pretty good