Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Hi yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
same

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

##vote Nep

Scum claimed d1, in a no-flip game no less; always murder scumclaimers maxim + sign of possible further arrogance due to lack of verification tools (there’s a reason no flip games are often role madness, to digress, because it means the info is still out there, but the challenge is to communicate it w/out letting the bad guys know what you are. Cat/Kupo can back me up here!)

This is a real vote.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Are you someone’s alt?

The traditional is MMM but he hates mafia now

Maybe a new birdstrike

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Nep-Nep posted:

I'd be okay with voting Teland

What’s stopping you?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hmm

Okay I need to reread the cat swap later but I’m tentatively worldbuilding that she’s scum and max is town based on how the end played out with her staying vague despite being given an easy out for town to take

Future dead people, please don’t claim VT immediately like Sal, it only helps scum know the doc and co are that much less likely to be dead; save the claim for when/if the cop reveals themselves

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I don’t think toal and teland are scum together, too, given yesterday’s votes and the absolute unliklihood of anyone bussing in a non-“learn the roles of execution victims”-role no-flip game. Same w/nep and teland based on the start of d1. I don’t see knowing coalignment with that jump on.

So before a reread I’m gonna ##vote Teland

Teland, what are your thoughts on nep and toal?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Max posted:

Honestly probably don’t claim at all so that scum don’t know what is safe.

Depends on the cop’s results, but that’s true

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I don’t like nep’s vote or post because it seems like he more or less copied what I was saying.

Makes me feel marginally better about teland; I think the connection is solid there

I think ##vote peramene is the best option though, she’s made multiple posts about how she doesn’t have any thoughts, seems like she’s more interested in covering her rear end than in engaging

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Well, max and/or asiina are scum, unless max is the cop (???)

I severely doubt it’s both of them, we should execute one and, assuming cat wasn’t the cop, have the cop investigate the other

peramene can go look at my posts if she wants to confirm that I said most of what nep did, or she could take on faith that I’m neither stupid enough nor underhanded enough to lie about something so easily disprovable :colbert:

All this trenchant insight brought to you by your pal jen

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Overall strategy favors ##vote Max I think, I don’t put any real stock in “oh this player lurked, they’re scum/town” so I’m gonna go with the “tracker (who hasn’t been cc’d) gets more results” option

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I somehow mixed up “I tracked Max” + “let scum kill me” and “I tracked Max to the kill”

And then didn’t bother to actually check

Oops

##unvote

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I’m not sure why people were voting the tracker claim then

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Are we?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Yeah, okay, whatever

Toal’s town or godfather, i’m the cop

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Max posted:

TBH I think I know what she's going to claim here.

I deliberately hinted at it by effectively dismissing the possibility of you being the cop in my assumed scenario

Not outright ignoring, softclaiming is an art

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

peramene posted:

AUSPICIOUS TIMING LMAO

Lmfao

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I hate being cop in these games, playing deliberately for survival as town just feels dirty

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hey, nep nep claimed scum, it was worth a shot

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

peramene posted:

why the gently caress didn't you investigate nep nep if you were serious enough to vote her

Because that was the start of D1 and knowing whether toal was lazy or scum seemed like a smarter option

In retrospect I should have checked teland tbh

(Also as an aside, nep, what pronouns do you use? You don’t have the role in the speedfriends discord and I always wanna be correct about this stuff!)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Leith Maclaine posted:

Jen, can you kindly cop me tonight? It may clear a lot of things up.

Uhhhhh

I’m probably getting roleblocked and/or killed, and also saying who I’ll target ahead of time is dumb since I can still talk after death

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

curiousCat posted:

3 scum and 1 3P that doesn't care would be 4 to force, so two MLs would literally be it for town, that's way harsh imo

It’s a but much, and town’s ability to recognize mylo is severely limited in this setup

It’s rather scum-favoring, I personally thought ADHI was a good middle ground regarding hunt balance as a contrast

Big differences (for everyone who isn’t you and may not understand the referenced game) are much more town, role madness, anti-claim powers, and, importantly, a town role that learns execution victims’ roles

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Leith Maclaine posted:

True, but then I'm back to the argument (and Teland can make the same argument) that if I was scum, they why didn't we kill Asiina (the tracker) last night? Both of us were active while she had 4 votes out against her and passed on the chance.

Sure but im not drinking the wine, I’ll target who I target

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

curiousCat posted:

what if I told you I think I had a coinflip moment already

Lmfao

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

lol

I can't believe my initial meta read of "oh cat's 3p, this is twewy again" may have been right

I would totally buy pera as scum ngl

unsure what snooze has to do with any of that claim tho, cat, please elaborate?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Max posted:

Asiina, Jen, and sal, what do you think?

##vote peramene is my answer, 1 of the 4 antitown is dead and pera is another anti-town, either scum or executioner with a town target, so strategizing about "oh we can just leave her alive" is dumb when we're playing so close to mylo at all times

I happen to think cat's lying entirely, mind you

if that won't happen then teland or leith (leith is adorable. dear, no, we are not executing the cleared player out of godparent paranoia, please talk about others)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

you have many lists, pera

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I got roleblocked (well, "action fails'd", but w/e)

so we know either the godfather or vanilla is dead

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

pera is a good friend

she fascinates me and I think I fascinate her, too

also she was likely just mad that I was defaulting to voting for her despite thinking she really was the executioner, but, I mean, she could theoretically come and clear it up if she'd like

anyway ##vote teland

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mad is a strong term, sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

curiousCat posted:

you know what I'm saying, nerd

:h: