Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDD NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW: Your 2019-20 Chicago Bulls

Season Narrative

After trading Jimmy Butler, the Bulls decided to do something that the front office had been reluctant to do and tank. They got the rights to Finnish sharpshooter Lauri Markkanen in the trade along with Kris Dunn and Zach Lavine. With Lavine on the shelf with a bum knee, the Bulls spent the next season in a disgusting and blatant tank job. But for a brief period in December, somehow the Bulls looked good, led by Niko Mirotic and Bobby Portis who teamed up after Portis punched Niko in the face so hard that he broke it, and that, along with some bad lottery luck, knocked them down to 7 again and they took Wendell Carter. Now, the Bulls felt they could be competitive. They signed Chicago high school basketball legend Jabari Parker and reloaded. They fired head coach Fred Hoiberg and promoted his assistant Jim Boylen who is a maniac. But it turns out the Bulls still sucked and they found themselves tanking again at the end of the season where they won 22 games. With fans dreaming of Zion Williamson or Ja Morant, the Bulls found themselves locked in at 7 again and took Coby White. In three years of being unwatchable garbage, the Bulls have not managed a pick in the top 5, not improved the record at all, and found that several of their key players are actually bums, and continued to nurture the Angriest Online Fanbase as the front office seems to be operating in another time and another universe. Despite all this, I think the Bulls will actually be good.

The Front Office

Look at these dipshits. Last year, John Paxson seemed to deemphasize the role of henchman/GM/Lynchian hair experiment Gar Forman by sending Forman to wander around Europe. Paxson and Forman have been in charge since time immemorial, and Bulls fans are long past wondering what it will take to get them out of their job. By all accounts one of the worst, least forward-thinking, and stingiest front offices in the NBA, the Bulls operate like they're loving Indianapolis instead of a major market powerhouse. They have not even been in the running for a major free agent since 2010, when LeBron and Wade both scorned them. The best free agent they have signed in the Paxson/Forman era is either Carlos Boozer or the carcass of Pau Gasol. Still, give them their due: they are pretty good at drafting. They found Jimmy Butler at 30. Markkanen and Carter seem to be legit players, better than several higher-drafted players. But the fact that they lucked into Derrick Rose (less than 2% chance of getting the #1 pick) and got Jimmy Butler and still hadn't won anything is a problem even beyond the bad injury luck they've had. These dudes loving suck and I'm sick their looking at their weird heads.

Head Coach

Jim Boylen

The Bulls rotate between having Player's Coaches with good hair and Bald Assholes. Boylen is the latter. He is an intense weirdo who thinks that they need to GET TOUGH and RUN WINDSPRINTS. Within a week of Boylen taking over, the Bulls suffered the worst home loss in the history of the franchise and an open mutiny from players who are sick of his poo poo. Kings players-- yes, those Sacramento Kings who have sucked for more than a decade-- were taunting the Bulls about how they'd have to run windsprints after they beat them. The Bulls formed a leadership council-- Boylen, responding to the fact that his players were so concerned with his coaching style that they literally are forming bureaucracies and industrial actions, famously said that he was "jacked up and juiced" about it. This might be the funniest loving thing that has happened in Bulls basketball since Rajon Rondo came up with the term "Three Alphas." This is how Boylen talks. He loves explaining about players' awesome spirits and gets jacked and juiced about how gnarly their souls are. It might not surprise you that Jim Boylen is not into taking threes or running a modern offense and wants Markkanen who's greatest skill is to shoot threes at seven feet tall to post up more. The Bulls' greatest threat to falling into the shitter this season is Jim Boylen. Paxson extended him for three years in the offseason.

Key Losses

Bobby Portis, F/C
Bobby Portis loves to get buckets and make insane faces. A minor fan favorite, Portis turned into an effective offensive player and shooter who likes to yell and bug out his eyes. He also literally broke Mirtoic's face in a practice, and the Bulls kept him around even though Niko was terrified of him. Bobby doesn't really play defense or pass or rebound or do anything other than shoot and make insane faces, and he sort of rules. They shipped Bobby out to D.C. and now he is on the Knicks, where I guarantee he will be very popular in the Garden.

Robin Lopez, C
Rolo loving rules. He is old and slow, but still good on defense and he has a sneaky, underappreciated offensive game under the basket. And he is a genuinely cool, weird dude that everyone should want to root for. Lopez was on some of the weirdest and most dysfunctional bulls teams ever assembled, and somehow everyone liked him, and the guy who does nothing but talk about comic books and Disney was the adult in the room for three years. He will reunite with his twin brother on the Bucks and become an instant fan favorite and I'll be rooting for him to get a ring.

Jabari Parker, F
Parker was a highly touted player from Chicago who nuked his knees on the Bucks. The Bulls gave him a prove-it deal and he absolutely did not prove it. An indifferent defensive player who is not nearly a good enough shooter to make up for it, Parker's time in Chicago proved he doesn't have much to offer a contending team. It's a shame since he seems like a good dude. Anyway, I went to the Bulls/Wizards game several days after they traded Portis and Parker to D.C. expecting to see a vengeful Bobby destroy the United Center with the force of his yelling, but he actually was pretty crummy and Parker got like 10 nasty dunks on the Bulls. He's stuck on the Wizards for now (OK actually he is on the Hawks, whoops).

Starters

Tomas Satoransky, G
Sato is one the two ex-Wizards on the Bulls. Signed as a free agent, Satoransky can play both guard positions and has a reputation as a pass-first playmaker who can do damage from three. basically everything the Bulls haven't had in a point guard since people thought Kirk Hinrich was good. Bulls fans got even more hyped about him after he led the Czech Republic further than they should have gone in the World Cup. Has a reputation as a likable, level-headed guy inured to organizational dysfunction from being on the Wizards.

Zach Lavine, SG
Zach gets buckets. A prolific shooter, an insane dunker, and an overall Bucket Man, Lavine should lead the Bulls in scoring. The question for Lavine is whether he can become a team-leading talent or is a guy who is designed to just go off as the first option on a bad team. Lavine is not a very good defender despite being a superlative athlete, and the ball tends to stick with him, but if the Bulls can offer any space to him, he should go off. There are a lot of analytics dweebs who are Lavine skeptics, and I hope he dunks them into spreadsheet hell this season.

Otto Porter, SF
The Bulls traded for Porter midseason for Portis and Parker in a notable trade of NBA players whose names all start with P. Porter gives the Bulls something they desperately need: a big, defensive stopper of a wing who is not an offensive black hole. Since coming over to the Bulls, Porter has shown an ability to create some offense beyond what he was asked to do in D.C. He also can play some PF in small lineups with Markkanen at center. Now, most people will say that Porter is overpaid, and you know what fine if you need to see basketball players as price tags and Assets and all of that poo poo he is overpaid, but guess what, poindexter. He is good at basketball and loving rules.

Lauri Markkanen, F
Lauri Legend, the Markksman, is the Bulls' best shot at having a superstar player. A sturdy seven-footer who gets more and more jacked every year, the best Finnish player since Drew Gooden can shoot the three. He's also more athletic than I thought he'd be, and can throw it down, take it coast to coast, and even block the ball right back into Steph Curry's face. Lauri missed a bunch of time last year with a shoulder injury, and he still has room to grow as a player. For the Bulls to make a playoff push this season Lauri has to show that he can take over games-- and Lavine has to let him.

Wendell Carter, C
Chicago's favorite Wendell since the heyday of Cubs third base coach "Wavin'" Wendell Kim, Carter came into the league as a high-floor, smart Duke guy who will do fundamentals. Then he showed up to Summer League and started blocking the ever-loving poo poo out of everyone. Wendell's signature move is the two-handed block, snatching the ball out of the air, or sometimes spiking it back at whatever chump decided he was too slow to rotate. Carter showed really impressive defensive instincts for a rookie and a deft passing touch. But he only played half the season after straining thumb ligaments. He has shown that he has three-point range, but we'll see if Boylen will let him shoot or if he'll try to anchor him down in the post where he'll be eaten alive. Carter is the player I'm most excited about this season, as he could potentially run the offense from the elbow and open up the kind of space that Rolo could never offer Lavine and Markkanen, even though he shot a three once. Naturally, he sprained his ankle on the first day of practice, and knowing the Bulls we'll hear it's day to day until they are amputating his foot.

The Bench

Thaddeus Young, F
Young may end up starting, but Bulls fans are excited about him as a Guy Who Just Knows How To Play Basketball. A versatile big man should be able to play with both Wendell and Markkanen and shore up the frontcourt defensively.

Kris Dunn, PG
Once considered one of the key pieces of the new-look Bulls with Lauri and Lavine, Dunn is on the outs. Dunn is a very capable defensive player and mediocre passer who absolutely cannot shoot. He showed some flashes in his Bulls debut season, but last year really took a step back. It's clear Paxson has no use for him anymore, but he is on the team because no one will trade for him. There's a ton of pressure on Dunn not just for the Bulls but to have a basketball career outside of Bratislava, and no one is sure whether he will lean into the challenge or flame out. Might be the nominal starter for awhile because of some Boylen bullshit.

Denzel Valentine, G/F
There's an article on The Ringer about a summer hoops legend and Big Three player named Frank Nitty who made his bones just absolutely lighting up an inept, poo poo-talking NBA player in the Drew League. That player? Denzel Valentine. Valentine, a Michigan State legend and Wooden award winner, has turned himself into a pretty decent shooter, and that's about it. Already barely athletic enough to play in the NBA, Valentine has suffered a series of leg injuries that have made him all but useless on defense. Last year, a minor ankle injury turned into reconstructive surgery, and I bet a bunch of Bulls fans forgot he was on the team or in the NBA or that he ever existed. The funniest thing about Denzel Valentine is that he has insane self-confidence and gets annoyed when he's benched or when people talk about what an absolutely lovely defender he is, but Valentine is always talking to the media about how great he is.

Coby White, G
Coby White, the Bulls' top pick out of UNC, is fast as hell, gets buckets, and has really good hair. There's not a great track record of 19-year-olds running teams in the NBA, but the Bulls' pickup of Satoransky alleviates that pressure and allows him to come off the bench. White can absolutely run, and with the athletes on the Bulls, they should absolutely be flying when he's in, but Jim Boylen exists. He really struggled shooting in Summer League, but if he can get going he could possibly be a weapon off the bench like (and this is the highest praise I can muster) Ben Gordon. My guess is he'll be really inconsistent and do a few really cool things.

Ryan Arcidiacono, G
It might not surprise you that Jim Boylen loves Yung Hinrich. He's small, not very good at basketball, and flings himself around the court like he's a maniac. The former Villanova champion went from being a G-League joke to an actual bench piece last year, capable of playing really annoying defense and hitting some threes. Loves to take charges and use Pat Riley brand hair slickness product to convey the important idea of "hey i'm dribblin' here." He's become a sort of ironic fan favorite, and good on him for sticking in the league. Look for him to play way more minutes than he should because Boylen wants a "spark."

Daniel Gafford, F/C
The Bulls' second-round pick. Gafford showed in summer league that he does one thing really well and that's get up and down the court as a big man. An ideal partner for Coby White, expect a bunch of garbage time oops. I have no idea if he can actually play in the NBA.

Chandler Hutchinson, F
The Bulls' second first-round pick from last year, Hutchinson came in as an older, high-floor guy to play defense. He showed almost nothing the first half of his rookie year before injuring his foot and missing the rest of the year. Looked completely overmatched as a second-year player in summer league. Let's hope he can figure something out at all, given the Bulls' injury history they really need another viable wing.

Cristiano Felicio, C
The Bulls signed the big man from Brazil after a decent rookie year on the Three Alphas, and his contract instantly became horrible. Most notable for pissing Wade off by stealing a rebound he needed for a triple double. Played for Brazil in the World Cup and quietly had a decent tournament. Big note: he is now wearing goggles.

Shaq Harrison, G
Shaq is a 6'3" PG who absolutely locks dudes up defensively and cannot hit an entire barn with his shot. I love dudes like this, and I'm glad he's on the Bulls.

Luke Kornet, C
Koret is a seven-foot center who is basically a WWI-railroad turret. Slow, nonathletic, and a joke on defense unless he is playing the Bulls when he blocked them into the stone age last year, Korent has a lethal three point shot and is an analytics darling. Also, he was famously on the Vanderbilt team that lost to Northwestern in the Tournament, go 'Cats get into the trashcan, chump.

Season Outlook

There's reason for optimism in the Windy City. With the additions of veterans Satoransky and Young and with improvement from Lavine, Markkanen, and Carter, the Bulls can make a push for the 8 seed in the putrid Eastern Conference. Still, a lot has to go right for a team that only won 22 games. They are not deep enough to sustain injuries, especially at the wing, and they need Boylen not to coach like an rear end in a top hat. But even if they don't make the playoffs, they should still be fun with White flying around and Lavine dunking on people. I hope so because the winter is so loving cold.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Motherfucker My Love of Yung Hinrich is not ironic.

Edit:

But yeah I so desperately want to love Boylen.

If he was like actually good at coaching he would incredibly be my poo poo as far as how he talks to the media.

My God. His press conferences are elite.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 2, 2019

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I'll give this a day or so and see if someone else wants to do the TWolves. But if no one steps up I'll write one.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Motherfucker My Love of Yung Hinrich is not ironic.

Edit:

But yeah I so desperately want to love Boylen.

If he was like actually good at coaching he would incredibly be my poo poo as far as how he talks to the media.

My God. His press conferences are elite.

to the uncultured eye boylen is just like your standard Hardass Coach guy but he is so much weirder than that, he is all new-agey about his hard-assedness, it's almost impossible to fathom.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Awesome write up!!!!

FYI Jabari signed with Atlanta, not Washington

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

aw, nuts

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
someone tell me who the gently caress these guys are

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Why those are the defending NBA Champions Toronto Raptors.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The epitome of mediocrity in the 2010s, it's your Detroit Pistons!

Owner: Tom Gores

Seems like a man who has done a lot of coke. Rushed the team into the Red Wings' new downtown arena in an attempt to increase sales. They're making more money now but attendance is still garbage because there has been very little to get excited about since Chauncey Billups was traded for Allen Iverson. His playoffs-or-bust mentality is admirable but also may keep this team in purgatory. Likes to show up on the floor during timeouts to throw t-shirts into the crowd.

Head Coach: Dwane Casey

Brought in last year after the Stan Van Gundy coach/GM experiment officially failed. Followed up his Coach of the Year/getting fired season in Toronto by getting the Pistons back to the playoffs. Unfortunately they limped in and found themselves as an 8 seed at the mercy of the Bucks buzzsaw. Still, he seems like a decent hire considering his history of elevating the Raptors out of a similar rut.

Key offseason losses:
PG Ish Smith: A sparkplug off the bench who was consistently more popular among fans than Reggie Jackson.
SG Wayne Ellington: A midseason signing who had produced some much needed shooting.
C Zaza Pachulia: A veteran backup for Andre Drummond when he got in foul trouble or hacked out of a game. Embodied the old school Pistons mentality of playing incredibly dirty at all times.
PF Jon Leuer: Seemed like a good signing at the time but turned into a horrible contract who was always injured and never produced

Important new faces:

F Sekou Doumbouya: Raw Guinean-French player drafted in the first round. Probably won't see much playing time. High upside project type who will hopefully benefit from Casey's player development history. Doesn't even turn 19 until late December.

PG Derrick Rose: After some brief flashes of being BACK in Minnesota, former MVP D-Rose joins the Pistons as a scoring option off the bench. His ball-dominant style is the polar opposite of Ish Smith's, so we will see how that affects Detroit's second unit. Might put some more butts in the seats.

F Joe Johnson: 38-year-old Iso Joe becomes the first ever player to re-enter the NBA after playing in Ice Cube's Big 3 league. Probably more of a locker room presence than a genuine bucket getter. The team can claim to have four All-Stars now lol

F Markieff Morris: His twin brother was a fan favorite bailout shot master, so why not try the worse version several years later?

G/F Tony Snell: Kind of sucks but maybe he can shoot? Has only played on Central Division teams.

PROBABLE STARTING LINE-UP

PG Reggie Jackson

This will probably be the last year of the Reggie Jackson experiment in Detroit. Since arriving via trade in 2015, the team's success has been highly correlated with Jackson's form and health. When healthy and motivated, he can get to the rack, shoot pretty well, find open players and make clutch plays. When healthy and not motivated, he can become a ballhog who makes bad decisions and sulks a lot. When injured, the team's attempts to generate offense are Sisyphean. It seems the Pistons can't win with him and can't win without him.

SG Bruce Brown

A second round pick in 2018 out of Miami, Bruce worked his way into the starting rotation last season following the departure of Reggie Bullock. He didn't show much on offense, which hopefully will improve in his second year, but he is probably the best perimeter defender on the team.

SF Tony Snell?
Doumbouya isn't ready yet, Joe Johnson is ancient, and Markieff Morris is solidly a 4 these days, so I guess it's Snell. Expect him to stand in the corner and shoot threes.

PF Blake Griffin

The former Clippers superstar had one of his career best seasons last year in the obscurity of the Motor City, finishing third team all-NBA. The offense runs through him, as he is one of the few players who can create their own shot and also serves as point forward much of the time. No longer the athletic freak of his prime, Blake is now a versatile scorer and distributor. Despite his albatross of a contract, Blake has become a favorite among fans thanks to his willingness to win here. He would've been justified in phoning it in after being traded here but he's been all in the entire time.

C Andre Drummond

The defining player of this Pistons era. His time in Detroit may also be coming to an end as his monster contract extension from 2016 may be untenable with the team's future plans. Andre is coming off the best season of his career and is only just now entering his prime. He is a rebounding machine and a solid rim protector when motivated, but his offensive game is limited largely to rim-running. His free throw shooting over the past two years has improved from "worst of all time" to "extremely bad by NBA standards," which has kept him in games longer. Joel Embiid completely owns him. He is my large hairy shouldered son and I'm rooting for him to succeed.

BENCH

PG Derrick Rose: See above

SG Luke Kennard: The team is hoping for a breakout year from their 2017 lottery pick, a solid player who is frequently the subject of scorn due to being drafted above Donovan Mitchell. The Duke sharpshooter needs to work on his finishing and coming around screens if he wants to be the next Redick or Korver. Expected to be a bench gunner this year but could see some starting time.

C Thon Maker: Acquired last year in a trade for lottery bust Stanley Johnson, Thon pretty much sucks. Ideally a great shot blocker but he gets outmuscled constantly because he's a twig. Theoretically stretches the floor but his shooting isn't consistent.

F Markieff Morris: See above

G Langston Galloway: Another bench gunner who can inconsistently Get Buckets.

F Sekou Doumbouya: See above

F Svi Mykhailiuk: Ukrainian second rounder out of Kansas acquired from the Lakers in a trade. Didn't play much at all last year. Hopefully will provide shooting off the bench.

PG Tim Frazier: Non-descript third point guard. Given Jackson's and Rose's propensity for injuries he will probably see more minutes than I would like.

PROBABLE RESERVES OR PRESEASON CUTS
F Joe Johnson (See above)
G Khyri Thomas (the other second rounder from last year)
F Christian Wood
G Jordan Bone (second round pick out of Tennessee, on a two-way)
F Louis King (two-way)

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 2, 2019

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
All I see is a Kawhi shaped silhouette in the side of the Scotiabank Arena.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

to the uncultured eye boylen is just like your standard Hardass Coach guy but he is so much weirder than that, he is all new-agey about his hard-assedness, it's almost impossible to fathom.

here are several amazing jim boylen quotes, and these are all from just yesterday. this is one day and the man is already talking like this.

quote:

“That’s my goal,” Boylen said. “It’s not about me being the head coach. We’ve got to get this thing right. We’ve got to get it right for the city. We’ve got to get it right for the Reinsdorfs. We’ve got to get it right for John Paxson. We’ve got to get it right, man."

"When I met with [Kris Dunn] this summer, like I met with every guy, whether it was in town or out of town or whatever, he gave me the ‘Wendell Carter.’ The ‘Wendell Carter’ is, ‘Coach, whatever you need me to do I’m doing for you.’ That’s what he said. Whether that’s maturity, whether he got away and is in a good place, whatever. We all go through that. We all go through those moments where we’re frustrated or things aren’t going my way, I’m not happy about it. Then we have introspection and we look at it."

“We’re going to go once this year hoping to have 17-, 18-hour recovery and then go again tomorrow,” Boylen said. “We filled our buckets. We competed. It’s the first day. It’s the first step. I talked about the mountaintop yesterday. We’re going to try to climb that thing, and today is the first day of doing that.”

idk about you guys but i want to go fill my bucket with Boylen so that i can climb that fukken mountain

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dokmo posted:

Probably about 45 wins.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dokmo posted:

Lmao cam payne

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Aye Doc posted:

here are several amazing jim boylen quotes, and these are all from just yesterday. this is one day and the man is already talking like this.

idk about you guys but i want to go fill my bucket with Boylen so that i can climb that fukken mountain

There is nothing I want more than for that man to be good at his job.

Imagine just the sensational poo poo that would come out of his mouth if he won.

He is like if Steve Balmer and Thibs did a fusion dance.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Right on my dude! Looking forward to another 8 seed slapfest.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

dokmo posted:

look at these beautiful beautiful young men! Have you ever seen so many happy people?! What a time, friends

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
alright yall some bullshit happened in the offseason for okc and we will not talk about it here but here are the cliff notes:

-we have all of the clippers picks
-we have all of the rockets picks
-we do not have russ or george
-we do not know how the team will look on the court, the lineups, or who will remain on the team each passing day

with that said here is your 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Front Office: Sam Presti

best gm in the league he will get whatever he wants in a trade for no reason what so ever.

Head Coach: Billy Donovan

contract year for him he's good at developing players and this being his first year without having championship expectations it will be interesting to see what he does this year and if he is the coach after. (i doubt it)

Important players who will be on the team by seasons end:

Steven Adams

Kiwi is now the foundation of the franchise. He is a big strong traditional center who does all the little things necessary for a team to win games, and he takes punches to the face and kicks to the groin at least once a week during the season and somehow keeps on trucking. Kiwi is the toughest dude in the league.

Terrance Ferguson

Ferg is a good young 3&d player with hops for days and the chance of a lifetime to show he can be more than that. In media day he said he is going to do with ball as oppose to his catch and shoot role last year. It remains to be seen if he can be good as a ball handler but it can't do any harm to find out now.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

The jewel of the paul george trade SGA. he balled out against the warriors in the playoffs and had all round good rookie season. a lot of hype surrounds him some clipper fans and staff see him as a future all star who knows if that will be true but I hope so

Hamidou Diallo

Defending dunk contest champion

Darius Bazley

The mysterious case of Darius Bazley. He did not play any type of ball last year no college no foreign league. he did an internship with new balance for $1 million and trained. every nba player who played or talked with him during his internship has nothing but great things to say. he is hyped up as a 3 with great handles and passing ability impossible to know if that is true. he looked good in summer league

Important Players who probably wont be on the team by season end

Chris Paul

the first pg to ever play in okc is back in okc and hell I'm for it. who knows if he plays the full season or not let's just enjoy watching a future hof do his thing till he can't do it no more

Danilo Gallinari

this man has cooked us his entire career but now he is cooking for us till we ship him out in february

Dennis Schroder

a good pick n roll pg who is best used as a 6th man and will make who ever trades for him very happy

Andre Roberson

Dre rupture his patella tendon 2 seasons ago and is just now full go for training camp. before the injury he was debatedly the best perimeter defender in the league but this injury is terrible so who knows if Dre will be able to play not only at that level but just at an nba level ever again. pray for dre

Nerlens Noel

shot blocking ball stealing 5 who is very good coming off the bench.

here is a list of everyone on the training camp roster

Season Outlook

its a pretty chill season with no expectations and just watching the young guys play

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

if they win 30 games and the young guys all show steady improvement over the season i think donovan can keep his job; it’s not really his fault the team blew up

he probably only has a season or two to show progress though

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Metapod and the other guy have 48 hours to rescue the thread from my Utah jazz effort post

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Gay Horney posted:

Metapod and the other guy have 48 hours to rescue the thread from my Utah jazz effort post

Metapod likes the Thunder dawg, it's me or MV. I'm too lazy to do one haha.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Gay Horney posted:

I got you man:

YOUR 2019-20 UTAH JAZZ

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The Phoenix Suns are the cutest twinks in the NBA.

We have a new coach who will probably bench Booker if he spends too much time banging insta trash and not enough time in bible study. Hopefully he’s just a disciplinarian on the court. Also we have this Ayton who was actually very good on a total poo poo rear end team last year.

Overall this teams best case scenario is probably 40 wins and that’s if everything goes flawlessly. Ricky should be a good match with booker and I’m glad we resigned Kelly oubre. If ayton improves defensively at all this year then call it a success. The rest of this team is a sieve. Realistically this is a 30 to 35 win team I think.