Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thinking of quitting my job now that gaming is free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Soul Reaver posted:

Enjoy having your personal info and later organs harvested by tencent.
Even worse, you'll have to use their crappy launcher.
(I have so many games in my backlog I don't need new games, free or not)

ok i'll admit it. this guy is too badass for me to even dare flaming him

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

How da fuq are you getting so much free games. :confused: I thought the Epic Games Store is the first company generous (or rich!) enough to give them shits away for free. :frogon:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760415

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760415&userid=148161

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

honestly its crazy to me that people still even pay money for a game in this day and age

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

standing to the side and just smh at all the morons paying full price for a game to talk about it with their friends

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

It’s got tons of free games so it can’t be that bad.

i noticed its a bit slow to launch but im assuming its because it take more time to load such great deals

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

It's free on the Epic Games Store. So why not check it out

:hai:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Aston posted:

I played through the first couple of levels of The Messenger and it's good! It's got Shovel Knight vibes with the "new NES" aesthetic, and the platforming feels good and tight. I haven't played the games it's a homage to, which I guess is stuff like Ninja Gaiden, so I can't say how faithful it is to those, but so far it's stood on its own merits. Plus, it's free.

at that price youd be mad to not be on rhe epic store

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

White Genocide posted:

thank you epic store for freeing me jotuun. it is quite chill. rts roguelike (:xd:) with a captain toad like rotating camera around procedually generated (?)(:xd:) plots of island.

i mean its free.. no harm in giving it a try

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

The Milkman posted:

Epic AIDS Store

im in the market for some so im glad it exists

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

I was feeling this way as well but then I looked at the poo poo loads of free games I've been getting on the Epic Games Store and it cheered me right up.

always nice to know that after a bad day the epic game store is waiting for you at home with a nice free game ready to go

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

just headshot my first free game from across the world in denver colorado. suck poo poo gabe newell

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

Towerfall is now free and looks like superhot is tomorrow

if this is true this is an epic massacre of my steam wishlist

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

Towerfall is great if you've never played it, I think the platforming physics feel even better than Celeste. Unfortunately its local MP only

ah but you can play local mp online now via steam..... oh god... noo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

just got superhot off the epic games store, and all for the low low price of free. more change stolen from the fat pockets of gaben

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this might sound crazy, but $0

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

never giving a red cent to a gaming company ever again thanks to the epic gaming store

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the guy posting about chinese hackers stealing your credit card on the epic store at the start of this thread forgot one vital detail, you dont need a credit card there. the games are free

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 21, 2019

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

act fast gamers little inferno is now free. experience this legendary title now

its on steam at 75% off. but once again the epic store has gabens rear end beat going all the way to 100

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

superhot was definitely yesterday..

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

heeheex2 posted:

Trying to think of who would make an account just to post 1 mentally ill post in imp zone. welcome back bbg

hows yobgoblin doing?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

There’s a youtube user named BYOB goblin who moderates lowtax’s youtube streams.

drat, who could have thought hed end up being more successful than the rest of us

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

Hyper light drifter is on sale today for 100% off. Can't find a better deal than that

the epic store already blessed me with that game but im glad theyre helping amlny gamers that mulissed the earlier hype train

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

just got the bob iii indie hit shadow tactics blade of the shogun for a cool 0 dollars. Thats right, a bunch of morons got on the hype.train while this patient gamer plays for free

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

conker's badfur day spiritual successor anyone?

coveting conkers for years as a child and finally growing up to find out it sucks rear end is a formative gamer lesson that trancends all cultures

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Perfect dark might be decent at a nornal frame rate tho. I played the kb and mouse mod for goldeneye in an emu and that game is tite when you arent usong the worst controller of all time at a decent fps

they put out a 60fps hi def texture version for the 360 a million years ago and it was decent. it still has some bullshit maze levels looking for the right button to shoot like goldeneye though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Lmfao at the thread rating.

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

Mods need to name names.

keep fyad poo poo in fyad

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I could take the cowards way out and say it happened on my phone but the reality is Im disgusted by PC gamers throwing away a decade+ history of Lord Gaben-blessed holiday sales after tim sweeney waves his china money in your general direction for a week.

gaben turned out to be a false prophet

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This. This thread was funny for about two seconds but if you seriously support what is happening in Hong Kong and East Turkmenistan in tyool 2020 because you get to add a couple of indie poo poo piles to your bloated backlog, you need to get the gently caress out of this forum imo. :colbert:

these free games are funding all this and i love it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

once again i have no idea whats going on. i just like to post about game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thank god that message got through before lowtax owned your rear end

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

We're concerned about the direction of the forums.

inp zone seems to be running just fine

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wver hear if art?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He really cares a lot about the forums. Good for him.

hmm, i just like to game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

cant spell twincest without win

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im gonig to play the innovative spin on the lesbian indie walking sim game where you drive a car instead of walking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the mystery game is death stranding, epic store ftw