Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Moving off the grid soon? Yeah maybe, as soon as I can figure out my posting station in the composting station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am so tired of writing on grid lined paper but it's all i have

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Korean Boomhauer
make sure u stay qpu aligned

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Buddy have you tried: living off the grid and only writing on rocks

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gonna set up a posting station in nature with a bunch of hand hewn tree bark on a hand made nail I forged myself from iron i mined myself so I can post in peace while I compost in peace

Korean Boomhauer
i don’t got internet no more. no computer. i pushed two rocks together and jacked off to them because they look like big boobers or if your imagination is wild enough a butt.

Finger Prince

Maybe try a quadratic function?

nut

Finger Prince posted:

Maybe try a quadratic function?

travel along the z axis

Heather Papps

hello friend

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i don’t got internet no more. no computer. i pushed two rocks together and jacked off to them because they look like big boobers or if your imagination is wild enough a butt.

as a teenager one time i canoed to an island to have some privacy to jack it cause i was with every member of my family camping

it was actually pretty great?

nut

me 5 minutes into trying to buy a coffee at starbux after living off the grid for 5 years: OH YEAH? OH YEAH? U KNOW WHAT I UPLIKED TODAY, THE OCEAN AND THE SKIES I HIT THE BIG GREEN THUMB OF MOTHER GAIA THE HOLY PROTEC--oh i said no hwhip

Heather Papps

hello friend

i want to make a joke about being a dude who is like "no i only breath air i never eat food like an idiot" but literally folk have tried this and died.

also, sungazing.

anyways i am going to grow my own bigmac try and stop me

nut

lets see mark zukerborg take this book of faces *looks off listlessly over the next 20-30 minutes into my grade 11 yearbook where a girl i thought was pretty named brandy wrote that she hoped i'd have a good summer what could've we been*

Heather Papps

hello friend

i sure do wish i could find a wife who loved never showering or using a flush toilet

you know, one of those wifes who doesn't mind digging a latrine pit with me, or taking long foraging walks

a woman who loves to hammer nails into things and also maybe, just maybe, is a fire breathing dragon

oh well

4evr alone

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

You can do a lot of posting while riding your horse into town so that’s a plus

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

cda

by Hand Knit
bee n on the grid so long i got grid lines on my rear end, from the grid

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cda posted:

bee n on the grid so long i got grid lines on my rear end, from the grid

ol gridass

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

hamjobs posted:

ol gridass

cda

by Hand Knit
Day 1:

My therapist says I could think about getting off the grid. She didn't say I have to think about it, she just said I could. She said, why not keep a journal, write down your thoughts. If some of them are about getting of the grid, then that's fine. If not, who knows what you might write? The creative mind is so fascinating!

Anyway, I started thinking about getting off the grid. Got cold sweats almost immediately. My therapist also said I should write a number that means how the grid makes me feel. The grid makes me feel: 7.

Day 8:

It's not so bad thinking about the day I got on the grid for the first time. I was eight, messing around in the woods with Bobby and Graham, playing Robin Hood or whatever we did back then. Me and Graham were under a tree and Bobby was a bit off, looking under some bushes when Bobby said, hey, woah, check this out. So me and Graham came over. Under the bushes was a grid. It wasn't a big grid, but it was the first one we had seen.

Get on the grid, dingus, said Bobby, and he kind of pushed Graham in the direction of the grid.
No way, said, Graham and he pushed Bobby.
I'll do it, I said. They both looked at me was crazy.

But I did it. I got on the grid. It felt...griddy. They were freaking out but even then I knew: the grid was for me. This memory makes me feel: 3

Day 22

My therapist says I could think about getting off the grid. That means she thinks I should get off the grid. Therapists and their mind games. Just tell me I need to get off the grid. I know I need to get off the grid. When people see me, people I know, they say hows it going? Hows the grid? That's all they can think of to say, because they know I'm the Grid Guy. That's who I am in their minds. And sure, everyone is on the grid, but I'm ON the grid. One day they're going to forget my name and just call me Grid.

This thought makes me feel: -2

Day 68

They don't want me to get off the grid. If I get off the grid then they'll have to think about whether they're on the grid. As long as I'm there, on the grid, they don't have to think about it, and they don't have to think about me. What to get me for Christmas? Something grid-related. Birthdays? Anniversaries? New grid. Is there a lull in conversation? Bring up the grid. They act like they're doing me a loving favor talking about the grid.

So get off the grid. Get off the grid if it bothers you so much. Get off the grid. GET OFF THE GRID. GET. OFF. THE. GRID.

I'm not getting off the grid: 1010110111010111

Day 69

grid grid grid grid grid grid grid grid grid grid grid grid grid grid grid grid

Day 188

Had a dream I was stepping off the grid. I was going to do it. I lifted my foot up, ready to get off the grid. But the farther I lifted my foot up, the farther I had to go. Up and up I lifted my foot. I couldn't put it down. I couldn't actually step off the grid. My foot just kept going higher and higher, attached to a leg that was growing longer and longer. My foot was like a balloon up there tethered to the rest of me; the rest of me that was still on the grid.

It's ok, this could work out for me, I thought. I will climb up my own leg. I will climb to the top, where my foot is. I will stand on my foot and jump off. Off the grid.

But when I got to the top, there was nothing there but grid. The sole of my shoe was a grid.

This dream makes me feel: 4

Day 311

My therapist says no pressure, let's not even talk about the grid today. Let's talk about something else. How's your relationship with your dad been? I say it's been ok since we got in that fight over Easter. He calls me, I call him. We talk about guy stuff: strictly no emotions, strictly no grid. He acts like the grid doesn't exist, which is how it used to be. That's how it was in my family for a long time. They saw the grid. They saw that I was on it. But they pretended it was invisible. They acted like it didn't matter. They acted like I didn't matter.

That's interesting, my therapist says. They were acting like the grid didn't matter. Why does that mean they were acting like you didn't matter? Are you the grid? Is the grid you? Could they care about you, and not care about the grid?

After a long pause I said, how about you?

What do you mean, my therapist said.

You. Are you on the grid? Are you on the loving grid? What are you on right now? It's the grid, isn't it? You act so high and mighty but you're on the grid, I fuckin know it. I know you're on the grid. You should have your license revoked.

This isn't about me, she said calmly. We're talking about you. How you feel about the grid. We're here to talk about what you want to talk about, which is the grid, and what the grid means to you. You've said you want me to help you get off the grid, so that's what I'm trying to do. We're starting with imagining what it might be like to be off the grid.

gently caress you, I said. gently caress you, gently caress this. gently caress. I got up from the chair real fast. I got up so fast I forgot to take the grid with me. For a moment, there I was, my rear end hovering above the grid. I was off the grid. I could feel the place where the grid had pressed into my body, I could feel how my body had responded to the grid, becoming the negative of the grid, filling in the grid's space, following the grid's lines. And then I stumbled back and fell onto the grid again. I started to cry and my therapist handed me a tissue. She didn't have to say anything. I think I will bake muffins for her and bring them to our next session.

This session made me feel: 10

Day 420

The other day Shay from accounting made a joke about the grid. She made a joke and she looked at me, like checking to see how I, the Grid Guy, would react.

I smiled. Nobody knows I'm off the grid. They just know I'm smiling a lot more. I'm glad I'm off the grid, but it was never about the grid. It was about smiling. It was about being able to share a joke.

This will be my last entry, and there's only one number left to record. Shay's number. We're going on a date to a restaurant where they prepare everything in an old school clay oven, serve it all by sun or candlelight. Then we're going to see Shakespeare in the Park. Two Gentlemen of Verona. Then I'm going to take her back to my bunker and show her my canning operation, maybe my air and water filtration system. After that? Who knows. Anything can happen when you're off the grid.

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cda posted:

Day 311

My therapist says no pressure, let's not even talk about the grid today. Let's talk about something else. How's your relationship with your dad been? I say it's been ok since we got in that fight over Easter. He calls me, I call him. We talk about guy stuff: strictly no emotions, strictly no grid. He acts like the grid doesn't exist, which is how it used to be. That's how it was in my family for a long time. They saw the grid. They saw that I was on it. But they pretended it was invisible. They acted like it didn't matter. They acted like I didn't matter.

That's interesting, my therapist says. They were acting like the grid didn't matter. Why does that mean they were acting like you didn't matter? Are you the grid? Is the grid you? Could they care about you, and not care about the grid?

After a long pause I said, how about you?

What do you mean, my therapist said.

You. Are you on the grid? Are you on the loving grid? What are you on right now? It's the grid, isn't it? You act so high and mighty but you're on the grid, I fuckin know it. I know you're on the grid. You should have your license revoked.

This isn't about me, she said calmly. We're talking about you. How you feel about the grid. We're here to talk about what you want to talk about, which is the grid, and what the grid means to you. You've said you want me to help you get off the grid, so that's what I'm trying to do. We're starting with imagining what it might be like to be off the grid.

gently caress you, I said. gently caress you, gently caress this. gently caress. I got up from the chair real fast. I got up so fast I forgot to take the grid with me. For a moment, there I was, my rear end hovering above the grid. I was off the grid. I could feel the place where the grid had pressed into my body, I could feel how my body had responded to the grid, becoming the negative of the grid, filling in the grid's space, following the grid's lines. And then I stumbled back and fell onto the grid again. I started to cry and my therapist handed me a tissue. She didn't have to say anything. I think I will bake muffins for her and bring them to our next session.

This session made me feel: 10

lmfao

Escape From Noise

I want to post off the grid but I can't find any wet leaves for a really smoky fire...

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

cda posted:

Day 69

grice

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
No one will be sinking anyone else's battleship, I'm off the grid :smuggo:

Escape From Noise

Just don't eat off the griddle! It's dangerous!

Heather Papps

hello friend

listen okay mom i'll turn off my "nintendo" and go "off grid" okay alright shut the f

Escape From Noise

Working on making all of my electric appliances run by hand crank.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Living on the grid really cramped my style.

That's why I moved to the spirograph and never looked back.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Mapping old school Eye of the Beholder without graph paper using crayons and and a paper towel because I'm e d g y

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's not enough to stop making GBS threads on a toilet and start making GBS threads in a hole

you need to stop making GBS threads in your mind toilet and start making GBS threads in your mind hole

only then are you actually off the grid

----------------

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

So a grid is 2 dimensional and we are 3 dimensional. Just lift your legs dummy

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

pixaal posted:

So a grid is 2 dimensional and we are 3 dimensional. Just lift your legs dummy

So THAT'S the whole point of doing the Hokey Pokey...

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

So THAT'S the whole point of doing the Hokey Pokey...

Oh no no no you didn't do the honey pokey did you? Thet binds you to the grid!

You can do 37 macarena and a chicken dance to unbind from the grid but you have to do them in under 2 hours

nut

eat ur phone but also poop it out real fast because googly can stil find u while its in there

nut

i toss and turn, restless in the summer heat, my body yearns for him.

a flutter at the shutter.

i pull back the curtain to find perched yon sill of window a rock dove, fluffed breast donned with leather satchel.

i unwind the tether from the tired birds tarsus--it must have been sent posthaste.

I found the note wrapped tightly inside a repurposed film canister with the elegant prose showing me he still cared.

"u up?"

cda

by Hand Knit

Chasterson posted:

It's not enough to stop making GBS threads on a toilet and start making GBS threads in a hole

you need to stop making GBS threads in your mind toilet and start making GBS threads in your mind hole

only then are you actually off the grid

Korean Boomhauer
Day 122:

I am no longer on the grid and as such I am no longer QPU aligned. I have no idea when I will ever return to the QPU grid or even home again. If anyone ever gets this message I want everyone to know that I will be building up speed and returning home soon.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

'grid' is a portmanteau for the words "good riddance!" which is what we all wish to one day say to The Grid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Looking over the grid and penciling in my location off the lines

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av