Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

buglord posted:

(Seriously why does internet+history bring out the chuds no matter the era?)

History appeals to chuds, and always has. From Civil War re-enactors to the History Channel devolving into all-Hitler all the time in the mid-2000s, chuds just love to look back on the past for some reason.

My wife's uncle deifies the founding fathers and throws a diaperbaby shitfit when you point out the ones who owned slaves (all of them but John Adams, LOL).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Applewhite posted:

Wouldn't that only make him like them more?

You'd think so, but he's one who is in complete denial about his own and the conservative movement's racism. See, Lincoln freed the slaves, and Lincoln was a Republican, ipso facto Republicans can't be racist. Just don't talk about George Washington and Thomas Jefferson owning slaves. IT WAS DIFFERENT BACK THEN, THEY DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS WRONG!!! (Historically inaccurate claim.)

Also he's a cop in Dallas, TX and when EBOLA was a headline a few years ago, he freaked out because apparently there's a part of Dallas with a lot of African immigrants. He of course referred to them as "animals." Not racist though!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Brock Samsonite posted:

Is there like anyway to even economically disadvantage or hurt YT at this point? I hate that the idea is mass boycott, but I can't think of anything else really.

Pretty sure YouTube is the only part of "Alphabet" (Google) that loses money. The cost involved in having millions of people streaming millions of hours of video per day is staggering, and they aren't making it back.

So... YouTube harder. Always have a YouTube video playing on multiple tabs at once.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Salt Fish posted:

Its actually because they're too dumb to realize that everyone in all of history was poo poo and they think there were nobler times and actual heroes.

FACT: Everyone in history either believed something stupid or didn't know about something that we now teach our children by kindergarten.

#1 Germ theory - Every historical figure before ~1870 didn't know poo poo about germs and how to wash their hands
#2 Sandwiches - The sandwich was invented by the Earl of Sandwich around 1770.

That's 100 years of people wiping their asses and then making a sandwich without washing their hands!