Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I’m on youtube a bunch during the day. Oftentimes I’ll have some video playing alongside a game I’ll be playing, or just having it on when driving so I can listen to mostly audio based vids.

Lately, youtube has been taking a swing at all my favorite history folks. Armchair Historian, The Great War, a few other smaller guys got demonetized, often with no reason stated. I can’t really imagine what they’re doing wrong. These folks keep things professional, clean, and (most importantly) don’t fall into the revisionist chud history category with polandballs and other alt right nonsense.

Meanwhile a whole lot of other stuff with a lot less value retains its monetization. A lot of these guys are planning to do their own videos offsite, and luckily they’re smart enough to ignore their chuddy fans who keep suggesting garbage dumps like Bitchute. (Seriously why does internet+history bring out the chuds no matter the era?)

Anyway thanks for reading my stupid serious post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

poverty goat posted:

I'm not even a gun nut but hickok45, taufledermaus and gun Jesus are all awesome and should get paid

Is hickok45 demonetized too? I cant keep track because I have Youtube Red/Premium whatever. I dunno what his personal politics are, but he manages to hit a balance between cool chill guns uncle and professional. His video on weapons safety for beginners is fantastic.

Starting to hate Youtube at this point because I have a lot of respect for the dudes who are trying to teach laymen about things they wouldn't care about otherwise. I guess WatchNebula is an alternative site for history folks getting run off YouTube. More of an education/nonficiton focus. Dunno if this will die in the crib or become anything, but some cool channels like RealEngineering, FeatureHistory, and TierZoo (a huge guilty pleasure of mine) are on there.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Yeah I started doing this a while back to preserve funny videos I knew were going to be axed. It’s worked out pretty well and avoids the problem of trying to find out what video was in my liked playlist because YouTube also removes the title of the deleted video.