Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Captain Foo posted:

What do you think I was doing

how did you know when to go home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Krankenstyle posted:

how did you know when to go home?

pinch in plop out

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Bulgakov posted:

pinch in plop out

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

its time to poo poo or get off the clock

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

-

go play outside Skyler fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Oct 27, 2019

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/DJShakespeare/status/1182357703504478208

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Stymie posted:

perhaps we should be more concerned with working for such a company, rather than taking a stapler and feeling smug about it

And just let some other endless line of slavering masses take our place? I scoff sir, scoff at the notion.

If you're so worried about it why don't you get all Red Army Faction in silicon valley and start your own social change. PM me if you get cool patches. I won't be down for hostage taking without a cool patch.

Until then stop raining on the rest of us pillaging our lovely apathetic bosses.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Brock Samsonite posted:

And just let some other endless line of slavering masses take our place? I scoff sir, scoff at the notion.

If you're so worried about it why don't you get all Red Army Faction in silicon valley and start your own social change. PM me if you get cool patches. I won't be down for hostage taking without a cool patch.

Until then stop raining on the rest of us pillaging our lovely apathetic bosses.

do not quote

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Agile Vector posted:

its time to poo poo or get off the clock

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
When I was bored out of my mind at a summer job in my late teens, I made a rubber band ball about a foot in diameter over the course of like a week. I took it home and am still using them to this day.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyB6ffmXsZo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

office space is a masterpiece you punk nerds

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Roosevelt posted:

office space is a masterpiece you punk nerds

its p good

the cast elevates it though. it could easily be mediocre

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Krankenstyle posted:

its p good

the cast elevates it though. it could easily be mediocre

a good movie is the sum of all of its parts, who knew

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Cold on a Cob posted:

i'd steal from stymie's workplace

if you’ve been marched out of the city at gunpoint to Do Labor at a collective farm for a bowl of rice a day, is it really “stealing” to sneak a couple bits of produce for yourself?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i always liked lowtax's story of his coworker learning he was just laid off and immediately standing up and rolling his aeron chair into the elevator and out the office

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

during my first job out of school one of my coworkers was also my roommate and he was an extreme cheapass. one day he took a duffle bag into the office after hours and filled it up with the free soda from the fridge. myself and the other roommate were shocked at how astoundingly stupid and cheap that was

he got fired just after he hit the one year mark but no one knows why

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

during my first job out of school one of my coworkers was also my roommate and he was an extreme cheapass. one day he took a duffle bag into the office after hours and filled it up with the free soda from the fridge. myself and the other roommate were shocked at how astoundingly stupid and cheap that was

he got fired just after he hit the one year mark but no one knows why

idk seems smart to me

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

yeah lemme just badge in after hours and then be recorded on camera walking out with a super heavy duffel bag

definitely worth it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
the first step is you steal a co-workers badge and wear a wig when you do it, obviously.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yeah lemme just badge in after hours and then be recorded on camera walking out with a super heavy duffel bag

definitely worth it

if u can get away with it why not. im sure i could get away with that in my office

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i think the fundamental disconnect is that yosposters don't realize they're the boss in this scenario

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
seems like the boss just discovered another revenue stream :smugmrgw:

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I get all my cleaning supplies, toilet paper, dish soap, and hand towels from work.

Absolutely FREE

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

this sort of stuff puts me in a quandary. like there’s a lot of poo poo at various works that would never be missed and it’s a shame not to put it to good use

I have a pretty cushy job these days and while the chance of getting busted or facing consequences for petty theft are remote, I have no desire to take anything. I have too much to lose.

anyway, if there’s one thing I have too much of it’s material bullshit. gently caress the waste in modern capitalism

git apologist fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 27, 2019

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Gentle Autist posted:

I have too much to lose. anyway, if there’s one thing I have too much of it’s material bullshit. gently caress the waste in modern capitalism

:hmmyes:

so what you're saying is i should embezzle money and pad my retirement fund instead?

i like how you think

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Kind Friend posted:

how have there been 2 songs posted itt and neither of them are king missile

https://youtu.be/KIXz_vzROrw

i was wondering the same, but thankfully you're here
they wrote another song along the same theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9inOtq0Ayek

e: i don't steal things because i don't want to get caught, but if i didn't care i would steal from walmart, if you work somewhere corporate it's fine

Broken Machine fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 26, 2019

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

good employees steal, great employees convince purchasing to buy two with one for home use

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
i’m on disability now and this thread just makes me lament all the missed opportunities i’ve had. especially considering how drat expensive a good office chair really is, which i hadn’t realized in time. i could’ve been ballin’ out on a herman miller instead of this ikea piece of poo poo.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I’d steal a laptop but my employer is wise to that and only buys touchbar macs and surface pros. owned or what

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i charge my phone at work does that count

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

A good office chair is only expensive if you buy it new, fortunately there's lots of incompetent tech companies that go bankrupt so you can buy their chairs dirt cheap at clearance

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

i charge my phone at work does that count

according to our corporate policy, yes. i think its only there as an excuse to ding bad employees because every person has a charger on their desk

now bringing in additional batteries to charge and use at home, that's going the extra mile

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Oct 27, 2019

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

r u ready to WALK posted:

A good office chair is only expensive if you buy it new, fortunately there's lots of incompetent tech companies that go bankrupt so you can buy their chairs dirt cheap at clearance
not a whole lot of tech giants here in tampa bay, but your point still stands because it’s not just tech companies that have people sitting on their butts. also the freely available fishscale cocaine probably bumps of the failure rates of small and medium businesses here so it’s probably not hard to find me a deal.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

r u ready to WALK posted:

i work for a small company and our first batch of chairs we got were from a company closing down. a bunch of employees were standing around looking very somber while we picked them up and were riding around them in the parking lot.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Agile Vector posted:

according to our corporate policy, yes. i think its only there as an excuse to ding bad employees because every person has a charger on their desk
What is the even theoretical justification of this?

Does no one at work use their phones for work?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

stealing is badass

the imminent huh
Apr 6, 2016

Agile Vector posted:

good employees steal, great employees convince purchasing to buy two with one for home use

As a purchaser I really enjoy getting our engineers and my other co-workers something nice and expensing it as R&D materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

ShadowHawk posted:

What is the even theoretical justification of this?

Does no one at work use their phones for work?

company’s payin for power for the company not yer phone

I’m sure that’s it, just like people making minimum wage getting fired for “fraud” over a minute difference in time card numbers is a thing