Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Aardvark! posted:

no but... *sigh"

if anyone knows of such a thing, I uhh, I wouldn't mind reading it

Not a book, but maybe try Vinland Saga it has amazing farming action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

packetmantis posted:

I genuinely don't understand the appeal of audiobooks. I guess that's why I don't like podcasts either.

I can’t listen to them while doing other stuff so I enjoy turning off the lights and starting an audiobook before bed. Some have a whole cast of narrators and even some sound effects/music, it’s awesome.

Give it a try, a good narrator makes all the difference (and I guess some kinds of books are better for it). I listened to the Graveyard Book (full cast) and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
E-books are fairly easy to buy in whatever region, but I’ve given up on some movies/series. A few streaming sites are either unavailable or the specific content is blocked here (even with VPN in some cases, when they check where your credit card is from).

E-books I find that just changing your region on Amazon or using a VPN does the trick.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Ccs posted:

Huh I didn’t realize when I bought Between Two Fires on Amazon that I was technically buying a self published work. Really glad it’s finding its audience, it’s fantastic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Buehlmeister/status/1465910566061580290

I enjoyed Between Two Fires a lot. Finished Blacktongue Thief and I'm eager for Buehlman's next book. If anyone has any recommendation for other fantasy books focused on thieves that would be great (I've already read Lies of Locke Lamora)

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Lots of thievery recommendations, thank you all !