Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm reading Great North Road by Peter F Hamilton, it's pretty good. I'm engrossed in the mystery. After this I might check out his new Salvation series, have they been good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
tell me more about the plasticine saga

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Cardiac posted:

There is also Dragon charm that I am reading now based on recommendations in this thread. Someone described it as watership down with dragons (and not rabbits). It is ok and I think the rabbit version is better.

I grew up reading this book, it’s fun

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Wtf is that Praxis by Walter Jon Williams? I have that and was looking forward to reading it :barf:

The sex stuff in Great North Road isn't awful so far, it's mostly just the depraved sex lives of space billionaires and the people who infiltrate their mansions posing as harem girls to exact revenge for one thing or another

I'm only halfway through though so maybe it gets sexweirder

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I read The Last Astronaut, it was alright, kind of a horror take on Big Dumb Objects but the horror fizzles out once you find out what’s happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

drat. Same day we find out lowtax might be a serial assaulter, 2 authors I like make public apologies for being assholes to women at cons.

I mean, I'm glad they apologized (with actual apologies, none of this"I don't recall this particular event you mention but if you feel hurt by this I'm sorry" non apologies) but drat man.

Been one hosed up day.

Guys, in case you are authors or, you know, in public with women, don't be creepy. It's pretty easy to do.

Which authors? D: