Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this show is on right now

adam cole vs matthew riddle should be a banger

who is watching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Finn went from WWE champion to NXT lol

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Finn in NXT will probably be really good so I'm torn.

Opener loving ruled

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Finn being in NXT again means we are probably going to get some absolutely insane matches. im so happy we're getting two shows with really great wrestling per week. vince pay your god drat talent!!!!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Basically watching this on Twitter in gif form because it's not airing in Canada while AEW is on TSN

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
If his salary is the same, what difference does it make to him? Seems like a fun chance to try and get a third brand going

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

Finn went from WWE champion to NXT lol

Well gently caress, there goes any hope of having Demon vs JuggaFiend for a title rematch.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Jiro posted:

Well gently caress, there goes any hope of having Demon vs JuggaFiend for a title rematch.

Lol just remembered the pumpkin demon vs sister Abigail match that never happened

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

illcendiary posted:

Lol just remembered the pumpkin demon vs sister Abigail match that never happened

Thank god that never loving happened. The apex of Bray feuds is having his shack being burnt down by Randy Orton.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

On the Watch Live stream Keith Lee is such a smooth and well spoken motherfucker goddamn!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Finn just got married so maybe the appeal of the NXT schedule made him okay with going down, though going to NXT isn't really a downgrade

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Remember a lot of people were happier in NXT and Finn was one of them. If he wants to have an easier schedule, more power to him.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Finn just got married so maybe the appeal of the NXT schedule made him okay with going down, though going to NXT isn't really a downgrade

I guess specially because its "a third brand" but also i really feel bad for the newer people that might get lost in the shuffle if more big names are coming back or down to NXT

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

I guess specially because its "a third brand" but also i really feel bad for the newer people that might get lost in the shuffle if more big names are coming back or down to NXT

I'm wondering what they're gonna fill Raw with. Most the big names will be on Smackdown.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWI/status/1179557282029457408?s=20

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I'm not watching live but I'm real excited to watch it tonight. Tonight is gonna be a lot of good wrestling.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

spongeh posted:

I'm not watching live but I'm real excited to watch it tonight. Tonight is gonna be a lot of good wrestling.

It's been a really really good show.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I imagine they like that intimacy and intensity that the FS crowd brings though

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

I imagine they like that intimacy and intensity that the FS crowd brings though

The fans do I'm sure but it's really only a matter of time before NXT goes on a televised touring schedule. :smith:

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

I disagree. They already have two arena shows, this lets them cast NXT as a plucky/underground/underdog show (however disingenuously). But I could be wrong.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I really think it’s weird to make that world title match the main event. They should have hyped that match the whole night. Not to mention having Finn debut.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man gargano is such a great wrestler. wild how underrated he is, even if he does only wrestle once every 2-3 months

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

illcendiary posted:

I disagree. They already have two arena shows, this lets them cast NXT as a plucky/underground/underdog show (however disingenuously). But I could be wrong.

As dumb as wrestling fans are I'm not sure they are dumb enough to buy WWE as underdog

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
When did they change Io’s heel tights. The ones tonight looked like a cheap Halloween costume.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

illcendiary posted:

All Vince cares about is optics. Let's hope he stays away from NXT, but now that it's getting "mainstream", you gotta wonder if he's going to be able to resist meddling.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1179554665584877569

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Like theoretically having NXT just stay at Full Sail and broadcast on TV works because, 1, when they actually go to a bigger arena for a Takeover it feels like a special massive event. If you want to see NXT live you either have to wait for a Takeover to be in your town or close to it, or you go to Orlando and see them in the smaller arena but get to see a lot of shows taped all at once. Though I'm not sure that's going to be the case anymore if they're gonna do it weekly live.

My second reason being that if they do what the other WWE brands do and just do a weekly two hour show, it makes seeing them live not stand out anymore. AEW NEED to be on tv AND travel around to different arenas they need to get that exposure, NXT already has that head start for them. Everyone knows Takeovers are where you want to be and their weekly stuff to watch.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if it means the cruiserweights can wrestle without being overly agented then this is a big improvement

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They’re having enough trouble selling tickets to 2 shows right now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They're doing the women's championship now? Huh.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
This show has been decent so far. But there is some weird disconnect with me where they’re trying to be this big important show but at full sail. I used to enjoy watching NXT because it was the student show with Indy guys added for guaranteed good matches. Trying to be a third brand and not upping the production seems kind of weird to me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

is this candice's first shot?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

This show has been decent so far. But there is some weird disconnect with me where they’re trying to be this big important show but at full sail. I used to enjoy watching NXT because it was the student show with Indy guys added for guaranteed good matches. Trying to be a third brand and not upping the production seems kind of weird to me.

ive been treating it mentally as a takeover but i wont lie i havent watched weekly nxt in *ages*

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I predict Nia Jax returns tonight

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

pretty sure they're going to start touring soon eventually. NXT always does fine compared to main roster, but they also aim for smaller arenas or venues than college basketball stadium

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

ive been treating it mentally as a takeover but i wont lie i havent watched weekly nxt in *ages*

I want to treat it like a Takeover and the match quality is there. But it really does just feel small scale.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I want to treat it like a Takeover and the match quality is there. But it really does just feel small scale.

yeah it really does come off as smaller scale when put in direct comparison.

this match has been decent so far but its missing that intesnsity

actually nm its getting there now

candice is really good guys.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, they did start Takeovers at Full Sail too.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
New champ/Old champ is the worst dueling chant I’ve ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, they did start Takeovers at Full Sail too.

Yeah but that was before it was actually established as anything.