Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think what id like to see in future episodes are more ring side interviews like they attempted and never succeeded at pulling off tonight and maybe quick little video packages for guys that have not debuted yet on weekly tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

want Mox vs Darby on the next show

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

They are tearing down American Legion Post today :smith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

no but you legitimately drew Tama Tonga

e: for ratings chat, does watching live TV through Hulu count toward ratings or are those counted separately?

That's p uncanny

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

DM Punk

He’s a good dude though and that was admittedly in the days before most of them had merch available to support them.

Dm punk once gave me a ride to roh and didnt even let me pay him gas money so I always give him a pass

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

why is it always the aew thread to get derailed

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Coward tony let Darby wrestle Moxley

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

FWIW brandi and cody didnt know nyla was trans when she hired her

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if Jericho posted here, would he get probated

I mean drunkposting is still against the rules so yeah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rhonne posted:

Do you think anyone will ever get to successively conduct an interview on this show?

MJF, if only by sheer will of force.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Benne posted:

Her top-rope knee drop is loving dope, she should steal from Togi Makabe and just make that her finisher

this i agree with

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The thought of a ganso bomb on TNT was pretty scary but glad Nyla recovered

Also gently caress Transphobia and TERF's and glad your back LL

Also lets banish Inokism away from wrestling forever!

except at GCW: Bloodsport

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Helicity posted:

Did Dave really not give a rating to Pentagon Jr vs Black Lotus Triad or am I just not seeing it? Why are you dodging this match, Dave?

:agreed:

Dave didnt rate any lucha underground matches because they would re edit matches and re shoot spots

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope we get an extended sammy guevara/jungle boy feud so they have to wrestle each other a bunch on dynamite

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

luchasaurus is also doing the patreon as a way to continue to connect with his fans in a more direct and consistent way. remember, with the contract he has, he'd really only be featured once a week on dynamite/dark, and thats only if he's even booked. to go straight from hustling on the indies 2-5 times a week to having that much down time it makes sense he'd want to do something. think of it less of I NEED MONEY and more of "Hey I'm starting up a Fan Club so if you want to see more from The Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy, just throw a couple bucks this way a month"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

technically the thread was never actually derailed this time because the topic of discussion stayed related to an AEW performer and his liking of a very transphobic tweet. the entire topic of discussion is no, we shouldn't have to just accept that a rich guy is going to have really lovely outlooks, especially when one of the main optics of this promotion was cody getting out in front of this months back and assuring people who wanted to invest in aew that there would be no room for bigotry in the aew locker room, when aew then went and hired a bigot

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

I mean... kinda depends what we’re talking about money wise. There’s no guarantees what AEW or the wrestling landscape looks like two years from now. If you’re gonna get life changing money from WWE you should probably take it.

wrestling is opening up more than getting narrow, signing the first offer anywhere right now is incredibly foolish.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

I don't like to pull this card really, but all you gotta do is check the rapsheet lol

i almost thought he was the guy who requested a self ban years ago

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if they're able to i hope they can get AEW: DARK a tv timeslot on TBS saturday evenings at 6:05pm, with two hour episodes the night of PPVs.

also TruTV has gone from the Impractical Jokers channel to the Impractical Jokers and AEW Dynamite channel, 5 different reruns of it scheduled today and tomorrow.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I think there is a strong chance they run an Austin show since it's fairly central to both San Antonio and Houston and it's a city the Rhodeses have a huge affinity for. Is the Frank still around or was it torn down already?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I feel like the Frank Erwin Center might be too big for AEW right now, it’s only 2K smaller than the Capitol One Center.

They'd fill it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rovert posted:

Chris Bey is someone worth signing and developing in his own right. Cody has been taking to heart calls for greater diversity on the roster also.

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1181376548496130048

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1179094377496535042

Amusingly he had a really good showing on IMPACT and IMPACT fans thought they had a new cool guy but yoink!:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1180322665518813185
Chris is really good. Suede is also underrated

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

isnt jimmy havoc the biker who teamed with ivelisse and angelico in lucha underground

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he should be sent on excursion to mexico for a year

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nice

i love that they announce matches to get excited for

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

The women’s match was pretty dire but the biggest problem was just the crowd being super dead for everything but the Darby match. Even luchasaurus was pretty dead.

I’m sure it’ll get better, it did look like this was a late decision to change stuff.

It was also weird that the commentary kept messing up the date. Like the matches took place last week, it’s ok to not pretend it’s Tuesday. That feels like a weirdly WWE thing to do.

i feel like it was a soft pilot to get a second tv show onto either turner or BR Live. i wouldn't mind seeing it moved to saturdays at 6:05pm.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want angelico and jack vs q and murr

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

grab holidead too

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jordynne still wants to do indies and aew isn't allowing that outside of special exemptions, killer kross and likely scarlett's goals were always wwe.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I think you will find that everybody wrestling on AEW's weekly TV shows has wrestled for AEW.

im pretty sure he meant wcw nitro.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we also get another nxt which will probably be good tv. between these two shows and AHS 1984 i love wednesdays.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jericho will probably bend darby in all sorts of ways in the liontamer and walls

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

please bring back yuka sakazaki for full gear

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

allie used to wrestle texas indies under the name cherry bomb, she and athena (ember moon) were probably the better women wrestlers in the state at the time. she doesn't look like a bad wrestler at all, is she any good as a promo?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

AEW ads all over espn today.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

How did they manage that anyway? I thought the issue was that TNT has MORE ads than Ofcom allows, so they'd need to pad the show, so how did they cut stuff?

The Monday version of the show is only one hour, not two

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CVagts posted:

Aren't the baseball games on TBS? So how would they preempt AEW?

Because there is a game on at 5:00pm, which has just started, and another game at 8:30pm, both on TBS. If the 5:00pm game runs long, it's going to be moved to TNT for the remainder of the game while the 8:30pm game starts on time on TBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Junpei Hyde posted:

whoever makes the next GDT please put this in the OP

i feel like it should be massrafters burden to bear since he does the best OPs