Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Having a weekly wrestling show to look forward to again for the first time since 96-98 WCW is a strange but rad feeling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dang it swagger

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I just want to say there were several posts in the AEW GDT last night where people were respectful to each others opinions while offering an opposite viewpoint and it's happened a few times in this one and you very rarely see that in online discussions and I just thought that was rad and worth pointing out

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Seeing someone discuss Rush Limbaugh in 2019 is wild I forgot he even exists until a few years ago when I was playing cards against humanity and one of the cards was "Rush Limbaugh's fat, sweaty body" and just now remembered he exists again reading this

That's how much attention and thought he deserves, really

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I've always been a fan of Swagger's in-ring ability. A man as fuckin' huge as he is shouldn't be able to move the way he does. As a silent monster he could be the perfect addition to a heel stable and he should have been. The problem is that 99% wrestlers shouldn't ever have social media because inevitably they say or do dumb poo poo on there that ruins them for most people.

I doubt they'll fire him and I'm hoping we will at least get some good matches out of the whole thing but it does suck that he's apparently needing to make it known that he has lovely views on very touchy subjects. At least wait until your career is over before exposing how much of a shithead you are in real life. I can separate the character from the person (Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, etc) and fully enjoy one and not the other but AEW is supposed to be a more inclusive brand than the promotions in the past have been and everyone else on the roster seems very chill about letting everyone be who they are.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Didn't a bunch of banned idiots from here create another forum somewhere that you can be hateful to everyone for everything

I think some of you should go there if thats the kind of thing you are looking for

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gonna pass on that

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

gonna be real honest I don't even know which group of posters you are mad at right now

I'm not mad at anyone but:

cams posted:

i think the most important thing here is that posters on sa should feel completely free at all times to personally insult other posters, to whatever extent they feel like, for whatever reason. i mean, some of the people who post in here are real pieces of poo poo.

Hate speech is different from telling someone you don't like them because of something they posted etc

There are too many levels to just go "Alright, do and say whatever you want" because people are stupid and can't handle that kind of freedom without going insane

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Can we talk for a second about that bump through a podium or whatever that was that Dustin took during the Swagger run in because dang that looked painful

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Benne posted:

Gotta appreciate Dustin's hustle, putting on the suit and paint despite not being booked that night and then doing an angle where he gets put through something that looked harder than a Japanese table.

Definitely - it looked like taking that sucked

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

karmicknight posted:

New Match for next week
https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1180256471965192192

Page and Rhodes (Elite/Nightmare Family Alliance) vs. Jericho and Guevara (Jericho-gun)

That should be a fun match and unlike WWE twitter match promotions we haven't seen it two dozen times before

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm glad you exist.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It kinda sucked that Luchasaurus wasn't on the first episode because the guy is obviously a star and should be way more popular than he already is but hopefully he'll be showcased more in upcoming episodes. His tag team with Jungle Boy is awesome but if there ever was a tag team where one guy needs to be shot to the main event it feels like it's that one.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Fuckin' lol at being known worldwide as "The Professional"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Seriously, imagine willingly dealing with Low Ki

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Known world wide as "The Professional"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I wasn't into Havoc until the cracker barrel match and he finally let loose and didn't take himself too seriously and now I'm a fan

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I dunno who films riptide wrestling but it looks very nice

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Edit: Whoops, I'm in the wrong thread and thought this was the GDT for a second. Help, I need an adult

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

AEW is on fire right now it's rad