Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am glad Jericho looks healthier and that wrestling is good

Also Jack Swagger owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am amazed that we have begun the Tony Schiavone redemption tour

I always loved the dude

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jack Swagger once beat Jack Blacks brother in a fight that people paid money to see

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

No joke I completely forgot about Jack Swagger's lisp and that makes him even cooler

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

this is my favorite fozzy video because I love the idea of a bunch of hot teens and 20 somethings throwing a sexy party to the music of a metal band fronted by a 50 year old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpVaaZyHR4k

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I wanna know why Moxley running in wasnt a DQ

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

very bizarre to me to see people clamoring for the swagger return when i dont even think people wanted to see him back in wrestling anywhere, wonder if that rumor about Wade Barrett coming to AEW is true too because i swear i saw both their names floating around recently

I always believed Swagger, like Cody, was a star waiting to burst out when free from WWE

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MJeff posted:

Dustin sees the attack.

"OH poo poo MY BROTHER IS GETTING THE CRAP BEATEN OUT OF HIM I GOTTA GET OUT THERE!"

*five minutes into getting his face paint on*

"I HOPE MY BROTHER IS STILL GETTING THE CRAP BEATEN OUT OF HIM!"

I like to imagine Dustin has like a pole from 60s batman that he just slides down and comes out in costume

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Lol the dark matches are a show I would pay to watch holy poo poo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Guys, I heard from sources Swagger was indeed a last minute replacement

The original guy was Ralphus

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I do have to admit I thought Britt Baker was pretty bad on commentary. She seemed terrified.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

that reminds me

since WWE was NEW YORK and WCW was ATLANTA what city do we use as a perjorative for AEW

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/strong-early-market-ratings-numbers-aew-dynamite-debut-293916

Story is up, Dave is giving a rough estimate of 1.5-1.7 million viewers for the show.

loving rad

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

For comparisons sake that is only about 200,000 less than Smackown and 500, 000 less than RAW

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Two next-day thoughts

A. The rainbow aesthetic is really cool and gives the show a unique feeling

B. Bryce Remsburg is on national tv

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The big loser in this isnt even WWE.

Its TNA lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Like TNA treated wwe like a white whale for a decade and never got close and these dudes did it day 1

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

who was someone who went to WWE instead of AEW so I can redo the Samoa Joe comic

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

There stans are coming out in droves. Owns. I won’t post them here but they’re in the usual places.

gently caress you I don;t know what the usual places are and I wish to feast

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I can’t post them or else I’ll be BESMIRCHED!!!!!

loving PM me

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Sticky Nate posted:

since aew won everybody that posted in the nxt gdt should be probated until wednesday

what if I only posted afterwards to laugh that it was 3 pages because otherwise I agree

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I think what is really interesting now is that AEW might make Chris Jericho the inarguable GOAT

Like, before this his reputation was always as a talented and reliant mid-to-high carder who could be trusted to get rising talent over

Now he is knocking on Ric Flair's door

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So when does Vince announce RAW is moving to wednesday

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I wonder what Riho is like backstage because she is this bubbly uber face joshi girl but also a ten year veteran who has been doing this since she was nine.

Like I want to imagine as soon as she gets backstage she starts chain smoking cigarettes and is like "Now if you fuckers excuse me, I am gonna find someone to chew my rug"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Wow, primarily an audience of old dudes

They really go belong in the Fox family

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

wwe superfans are the weirdest loving people

No joke I saw someone arguing NXT did poorly because audiences can't handle a solid wrestling-centric show like NXT and a spectacle like AEW will always do better

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

anyone criticizing the art instead of the brilliance is terrible

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Do you have the original CM Punk one?

I mean Jerusalem is the keeper of the ancient lore so I assume he has it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I'll be honest, I am struggling with my feelings about all of this but considering I have been accused of being reprehensible and irredeemable before I am not sure how to parse my thoughts in a way that will not come off as implicit endorsement of Hager which is definitely not something I believe.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

mactheknife posted:

all his poo poo qualifies as firmly "fine"

his cookbook has a recipe for pb&j

pb/j ratio is an important question

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Cage Kicker posted:

There's no 100% ethical consumption under capitalism and even if there is it used to be ok to enjoy someone's art without making an explicit endorsement of their personal life.

Well yeah, but for some reason I am not upset by this as much as I was by WWE letting Hogan come back and I am wondering if its because I perhaps subconsciously consider transphobia not as bad as racism, which it absolutely is, if it has to do with the way they were brought back, if its the power dynamics, or if I am lying to myself and should be just as angry

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Like, I think the breaking point for me is how Hager is backstage to his peers. Like, if he does anything that makes Nyla Rose feel uncomfortable, or unwelcome, or unsafe, loving fire the guy into the sun.

If he happens to be a conservative shithead dude from Oklahome who can treat his peers with respect despite his opinions, I feel like I can sort of allow it. Like I don't want a guy to not have a job because of his beliefs, but if his beliefs cause his peers to feel pressured or judged he absolutely should go.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Tato posted:

I think part of it is that everyone knows WWE is reprehensible because Vince owns and runs it. Everyone knows ROH is reprehensible because Sinclair owns and runs it. Everyone knows TNA is reprehensible because Anthem owns and runs it.

I think people wanted to hope the new company that is run by the son of an NFL owner (reprehensible) would somehow be better because they said some good things about taking care of their wrestlers and hired Nyla Rose, but the Hager thing makes it hit home that no, this company will also hire reprehensible folks for seemingly no benefit while also trying to talk a good game about being inclusive and a "good" company. Alas.

But, I mean, its wrestling.

I feel like no company can book a roster full of talent that doesn't include people with odious beliefs. The only company that does is probably Chikara and thats because Quack handpicks his students to be on the roster

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

so they hired nyla rose only because she is trans? awfully close to maga talk there friend

I do find it interesting Nyla Rose's trans status has never been mentioned on air and if it weren't for this thread I never would have known.

I wonder if its a more progressive or less progressive stance to just go "she's a woman" without acknowledging her trans experience

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Spikegal posted:

If she brings it up good, she gets to talk about her experiences. If the company tries to make a show out of how good they are for hiring a trans wrestler it can be pandering. I think they've done a good job with her. Not to mention she's an awesome wrestler.

DoctorGonzo posted:

in my work experience trans people always presented themselves by their gender (man-woman) or identifying themselves as trans. Nyla for all we know is a woman and should be called as one imo?

Yeah, I guess I don't know enough about the current state of the trans movement to know if the end goal is to be accepted "as a woman" or to be accepted "as a trans woman." Like, is the fact there was a transition an essential part of the identity or is the end goal to be considered your identified gender solely.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

BGrifter posted:

I don’t watch much Chikara (a terrible life decision I know) but I vaguely remember a bunch of people mad at Quackenbush a couple years ago. No idea what it was all about though.

He gets weird rumors that never seem to actually be true but are always treated as true

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I think my favorite dumb rumor was that Quack had Phoenix deported for saying gently caress at KoT Night 1 and Phoenix ended up winning the whole thing

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Didn't a bunch of banned idiots from here create another forum somewhere that you can be hateful to everyone for everything

I think some of you should go there if thats the kind of thing you are looking for

gonna be real honest I don't even know which group of posters you are mad at right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I do think that because in the past too many CHUDs concern trolled about issues on the forum as a way to be lovely that many people assume anyone working through their thoughts is a stealth nazi trying to be allowed to say the N-word but thats a cultural thing for SA we are gonna have to chip away at.