Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

DeepDickPizza posted:

Just wrapped watching. There are seriously so many things to like about the presentation alone. The Holi color splash motif works so, so, so, so well for them. Hearing JR and Schiavone in the booth is just like a warm blanket, and the three man booth with Excalibur plays well without any of the stupid bickering that plagues WWE. Everybody top to bottom radiates enthusiasm for the new venture and it comes through. It's a little thing, but it's great that they show what matches will be happening and on what show in the Tag Tournament graphic. I love how they mention that if they had to go to break during the match that it would be PiP. The promos don't feel overly scripted, which is obviously a HUGE departure from WWE. A very nice mix of match styles showing off what the company has to offer. The post main clusterfuck was great and seeing what appear to be real stables is a delight. Swags could be really good in a new environment.

Same. I was shocked at how much I like hearing JR and Tony Schiavone again. Big Tony hasn't been this excited about wrassling since freakin 97. Jericho is 100% GOAT and I'm so glad he's the first televised champ. Glad they are holding Mox off a bit but man... I want to see him DESTROY! Freakin great opener and I haven't been this excited in ages. Kinda nice as I was hoping for all of this back when Cody was funding All In and ... here we are.

heel turn posted:

PWInsider posted:
WWE sent us the following:

“Congratulations to AEW on a successful premiere. The real winners of last night's head-to-head telecasts of NXT on USA Network and AEW on TNT are the fans, who can expect Wednesday nights to be a competitive and wild ride as this is a marathon, not a one-night sprint.”

DLC Inc posted:

lol again that Mox is getting insurance through WWE

heel turn posted:

PWInsider posted:
WWE sent us the following:

“Congratulations to AEW on a successful premiere. The real winners of last night's head-to-head telecasts of NXT on USA Network and AEW on TNT are the fans, who can expect Wednesday nights to be a competitive and wild ride as this is a marathon, not a one-night sprint.”

Freakin great time to be a wrestling fan. Great first show and the bonus of WWE ineptly flailing about is always funny. I'm thinking Vince freaks out after AEW pummels NxT again next week. Week after he'll increase the show to three hours with nothing but Shane, Baron Corbin, Lacey and cucking... constant cucking. When people aren't actually doing cucking they will be talking about cucking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Push El Burrito posted:

That Christopher Daniels quote makes me think he's planning on killing this promotion too!

Excuse me I am not weird I am eccentric.

You know he was in WCW right at the end as well? Just as a glorified jobber but I remember seeing him there. He was actually responsible to leading me to the indy scene and newcomers like CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe and LowKi. You cool by me Fallen Angel.

davidbix posted:

Threw my ratings analysis together here (the Forbes contributor downside guarantee really isn't THAT bad for being able to write whatever the hell you want): https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbixenspan/2019/10/03/aew-dynamite-wwe-nxt-ratings-wednesday-night-war-week-1/#76743833634d

* The replay and same day DVR viewing brought it up to 1.8 million viewers (1.1 million in the demo), the biggest TNT premiere in five years.

* In 18-49 and all of the other key demos, AEW doubled NXT or worse.

* NXT only edged AEW out for a win in 50+

* NXT actually gained viewers in 18-49 by 1% over last week, even if the rating to the hundredths digit was the same.

* AEW beat last week's SmackDown and hour three of last week's Raw. This week's Raw saw a big increase, but who knows how much those viewers stick around. (In fairness, the same can be said for AEW since it's a premiere, albeit not one that was trying to draw with nostalgia etc.). That said...

This is gonna be VERY interesting to follow.

Love this, so cheers to you fine sirrah.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Von_Doom posted:

Also Swagger? Considering what they did to PAC, Moxley (the audience smells like poo) and Cody I am willing to let Swagger try and prove he isn't the next Aron Rex.
<10 pages of AEW thread later>
Goddamit Swagger.

Big Huski Boi posted:

If you express the idea that basic human kindness is good you should not have to discuss it as if the opposite is an equally justifiable stance

I had a long personal story I was going to relate but I'm tired of giving terrible people time in my life. I want you guys to know I love you no matter who you sleep with or love and whether you are male, female or genderless. The colours of the rainbow are all about light, reflection, refraction and dispersion. If you think I'm terrible because of who I find hot well then I feel bad for you but I'll still be your pal if you stop being ridiculous. We've suffered through a couple of decades of WWE dominating wrestling around the globe so we have been through the poo poo maaaaan. Be nice to this silly world as it feels good and helps the planet and it can be kinda cool sometimes. Bad people can't take my safe space because it stays in my heart and in my head. You can't touch it as I won't let you. Light prevails over the dark.

Now, can we talk about how cool AEW was? Lets leave the hate and negativity where it belongs: in the "wwe abyss: nihilism is fun" thread.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Riho/Nyla was an amazing match. Normally big wrestler v tiny wrestler matches can get kind of hokey and predictable to me, but I loved this one. Riho's forearms looked like they were murder incarnate and the final couple of minutes were great.

The main event ruled from top to bottom and has me excited for next week.

I really liked how interconnected the last match was. Especially from the standpoint of someone who's not 100% familiar with everybody. Even if I had no idea who Moxley was, commentary sold it as a blood feud and you already knew Kenny was an honorable guy from helping Riho. but Mox didn't join in with Jericho, he just did his own thing.
Yeah I like Mox being this dangerous element all on his own. I would say he has this SCSA or Cactus vibe going but really its all just Mox. Take a bit of Pillman and mix in some of others but he doesn't feel forced anymore. I get the feeling he's going to become a bigger and bigger thing as you just know AEW knows they got a freakin Ace draw with him.

I loved Riho/Nyla. I so wish Kana could get in on the AEW action but she's stuck right now in a non wrestle role in a lovely company. Her versus either one of those two would be nice. Nyla so reminds me of Awesome Kong/Kharma in her peak which made me happy to read

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder if Awesome Kong would be able/would want to take on the role of trainer/mentor as well wrestler for the women wrestlers?
I'm a big fan of Kong and would love to see her do well. She's one of the big reasons I've enjoyed Glow and her helping a new fed and a new generation of workers feels like a good role. Watching her in Glow made me realize she's got serious acting chops and needs to teach others.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

Rarity I sincerely want to thank you for trying. It means a lot to me, even when the result was obvious

Same. You are the best scoopsgal and are welcome to crash on my sofa anytime... just don’t bogart all my narcotics.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

ROH's tag division (specifically KoW) was the main draw of the company back in 2010/11 when Tyler/Roddy were flopping as champion

They were so drat entertaining. I still hope Claudio and Hero get freed one day to have one last run. Also The American Dragon, Samoa Joe and Brodie Lee. I’m still higher than most on Punk in AEW but nothing like seeing ZSJ versus Osprey. Thinking about old indie guys I loved... what ever happened to LowKi?

Edit: /\/\ hey now Karl Anderson was cool and don’t hate him now that he is retired. Taking money from genocidal nazis wannabes and the evil prince? Sure. But he used to be a good worker. He just wants to collect McBucks now for his hot Asian wife (patent pending).

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 6, 2019

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tato posted:

He's a motivational speaker who can teach you to get fired and burn your bridges from every wrestling company in record time

Thanks Tati,Basic and the entire AEW thread for giving me tonnes of LOLs. The Professional. Heh. Isn’t Teddy Hart also doing MLW? Is his nickname Captain Sane? Back in the day I always thought those two had potential.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

LividLiquid posted:

Plus Bryan is savvy enough to know that if he wants to go to AEW or New Japan or both, he needs to send signals that he's retiring. Keeps Vince from burying him, among many other things.

Don’t get my hopes up.... Danielson would blow up insanely in AEW. Remember how hot he was before WWE cooled him off then retired him? I want that again. Same with Joe as that guy is too drat good to coast in the midcard. Free Cesaro, Chris Hero and Luke Harper while we’re at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

Hell, when he and Jungle Boy have their first title defence at Full Gear, go for it, big feathery entrance gear for PPV.

I didn’t realise how much I wanted this until now? Should they have special entrance music too?