Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Daztek posted:

he looks so confused

he looks like a guy that bumped his head frequently from being too tall and now reflexively ducks all the time.

I was surprised they had Britt Baker just sitting up in the booth during the Nyla beatdown stuff. I figured she would have made the save to set up her claim to the title. Which is fine, Britt doesn't really excite me anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AEW is a bunch of B- players

seriously, Dyanmite reminds me of the aesthetics of the late 90s RAWs. Chaotic segments, wild multimans to close the show. Could use some cage dancers and a DJ though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Britt vs Riho seems like a logical heel turn to me. Britt comes down, saves Riho. then later they lose a tag match together and in the segment afterwards, Britt turns on Riho because "this is america and we don't like paper champs" or something kinda close to the maga knuckle.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ok well she turns on Riho because Riho refused dental services. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE is purposely tanking their third brand so they can file an anti-trust lawsuit against AEW

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if they were expecting a Steve Austin moment from Britt, it didn't happen.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Evil Badman posted:

but RAW is on Monday???

CMLL is the only wrestling on mondays. Please do not spread disinformation in this thread

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tony got away from all the toxic stuff in the business and healed up. Now he's back on his terms. I don't think JR and Tony were that committed to staying mad at each other.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

got confirmation on this finally.

the jake hager deal requires him to supply the weed for the 420 tour bus and party areas. Otherwise his 2 year contract will be nullified. Jake and his weedman are trying to work it out, which was why Jake was visibly unhappy last night.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like Jake but he's got a ton of image rehab to handle.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dumbass Dave's reading the chart upside down. NXT actually did triple AEW

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

great job, NXT you beat TNA

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DoctorGonzo posted:

the wwe legit cant win this one how do you nxt it up nxt?

short of firing/exiling to XFL the entire management staff, everything else would be temporary at best.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

projecthalaxy posted:

And this was NXT throwing literally everything, a Takeover for free at AEW. For half. Will next week's NXT be seen at all by anyone? It's doubtful.

I read the rundown, it sounded like a fun show but nothing earthbreaking. NXT's going to have to play 2nd fiddle to the new toy until either WWE loses their nerve and cancels or AEW starts to implode.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I heard that Vince didn't move or speak for a full minute after he heard the ratings breakdowns.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Wasnt there 3 title matches lol

the writeup comes off like they stuck to the wrestling over segments more. That might help them out in the long if AEW continues to do awkward poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Be interesting to see if AEW stays hot if all WWE ratings start to dip as people decide they don’t need to get their wrestling fix from them anymore.

probably not. WWF was a late player in wrestling television and whatever economics affected the business as a whole got to them as well. I'd imagine the same type of historical trends would affect AEW as well.

Basically, pay attention if the US and UK are going to go cheek and jowl together into oblivion. That's gonna mess everything up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I asked the only important metric:

https://twitter.com/chatosamba/status/1179881645815541760

https://twitter.com/WalterBax5/status/1179864995091419140

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ok wtf. Cut Hager immediately. And undo the LividLiquid probation. I’m gonna call Tony.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Midnightghoul posted:

He had a Braden Walker in the headlights look

I want to believe it was the sudden realization that everyone would be looking at his awful social media stuff. MMA folks tend not to pay much attention but prowres folks practically move into people’s homes. I now know way more amount wrestler’s bowel movements than I’d ever wanted.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DM Punk is a cool, weird dude that is respected in the indie scene. Prazak threw him a shoutout once.

Jim Ross is old as gently caress and sometimes his upbringing in racist america shows.

And Jack Swagger should apologize and offer his resignation for loving up AEW’s debut.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no, if you like Rush Limbaugh you're a bad person. Please treat yourself better than that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm willing to concede that being around AEW's diverse staff(and the fact that his boss is a black woman) that JR is probably softening.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no cops
no kkk
no fascist posts, ok?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This is all Kenny Omega's fault

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fire Hager replace with Danhausen, don't ever mention the switch

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Quack is a crazy person and has rubbed other promoters the wrong way a few times. He has recently mended those fences and been a great asset to the IWTV movement.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tony don't you welch on the triple cage match

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

There have been several exoduses from SA onto other boards for various reasons. None of the them really survived past the first two years.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no cops
no kkk
no fascist posts, ok?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Saint Freak posted:

Kenny Omega helped out Riho, but then Riho did not help Kenny Omega defend against John Moxley. Very shameful.

Riho saw what Moxley did to Shota and didn't want her dad seeing it happen to her. live on TNT. they know drama.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it puts the posts in my rear end because they are indistinguishable from the poop growing in there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

personally I blame the esoteric moderation approach

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

what did Riho eat for dinner after her historic victory?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I bet Riho at a hotdog but welched on the handshake

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I still say that's a face of someone realizing that they're gonna get absolutely panned.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cavauro posted:

I'm going to ask them to remove Jake Hager from employment

on it

https://twitter.com/dad69_hot/status/1180167558617616389

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't give a poo poo if Hager joins a nazi commune in Bolivia. Just get him the gently caress out of my wokish wrestling show

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Helicity posted:

Honest question: if I disagree am I a "bigot enabler" that should gently caress off forever in accordance with some of the sentiment in this thread?

shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

Wild considering the brand new transphobia he endorsed wasn't even screenshotted and spread until hours after his appearance

no one cared until he showed up on a huge rear end debut of a new wrasslin league. Since getting cut from WWE, dude spent his time between Bellator and Lucha Underground which combined viewership is like 1.5 TNAs.