Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, our blue girl has to go up against dreaded yellow journalism! The first zone takes us through a slanderous newsroom and its elaborate zen garden as we look to correct fake news, but a villain makes an unexpected return at the end. Suddenly Miku and Tails are sent back through time, to face a scorned mascot at the height of his popularity. Does Miku have the power to show them who the better mascot is, or is she about to be crushed by the real red menace?

Episode 3 Music Mashups:
News Three Nine Act 1:
Press Garden Act 1 x News 39

Senbonzakura Act 2:
Press Garden Act 2 x Senbonzakura

Deep Dish Cheeseway Act 1:
Stardust Speedway Act 1 x Starduster

Deep Dish Cheeseway Act 2:
Stardust Speedway Act 2 x Clover Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
the only experience I've had with the Noid is that old NES game Yo Noid! that my grandmother had for some reason. but I feel like it gave me enough context to appreciate what happened here

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
If you want a vision of the Miku future, picture a Metal Sonic stomping on a rabbit's tail forever.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

morallyobjected posted:

the only experience I've had with the Noid is that old NES game Yo Noid! that my grandmother had for some reason. but I feel like it gave me enough context to appreciate what happened here

Um, I believe you'll find its name to be Yo Noid Capcom.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Senbonzakura is the only Vocaloid song I know. I heard a cover of it on Youtube, with a real human singer, and didn't realise what it was until it was too late.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

Senbonzakura is the only Vocaloid song I know. I heard a cover of it on Youtube, with a real human singer, and didn't realise what it was until it was too late.

How have you managed to avoid the nyan cat meme until now?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Get Blue Spheres is overrated and I stand by my video game hot take :colbert:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Sonic 2 special stage did nothing wrong, and at the very least is better than Sonic 3D special stage.

also, a stuffed crust pizza is an unfinished attempt at a calzone crust pizza.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Sonic 2 special stage did nothing wrong, and at the very least is better than Sonic 3D special stage.

The last two Sonic 2 special stages got really assy though, especially if you're playing with Sonic and Tails in single player. Those last two stages put a fuckton of split-second bombs in your path and while you're able to dodge them as Sonic, Tails is always a fraction of a second too slow and will just eat through your rings like crazy. Of course the solution is "Play Sonic-Only", but I feel that kind of defeats the whole premise of Sonic 2.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

90s Cringe Rock posted:

the best special stage is sonic 1 because its an abstract mess of graphics

also food is for freaks

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Sonic 1 special stage is the best because it so perfectly achieves its goal. Every aspect works together to that end, even the controls. Especially the controls.

Sonic 2 special stage is fine if you just play Sonic or play with someone you can blame for screwing up as Tails. There's nothing wrong with just playing as Sonic, it's not called Sonic 2 & Tails is it?

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
And then if you got Sonic 3D Blast on the Sega Saturn, you basically got the Sonic 2 special stages kicked up a notch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgkqE00APNo

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Today, watch out and keep your belongings safe because you might get wet! After escaping the Deep Dish Cheeseway, Miku and Tails finding themselves falling into an underwater labyrinth, where every twist and turn could mean certain doom if they aren't careful. And hiding just out of eyesight, ready to strike when they're at their weakest, is a familiar face in a very unfamiliar form. Can Miku escape the maze and steal the final Chaos Emerald, or will she draw her last breath here, lost in the maze?

Episode 4 Music Mashups:
Deluge Dancehall Act 1:
Hydrocity Act 1 x Hello Worker

Deluge Dancehall Act 2:
Hydrocity Act 2 x Ievan Polkka

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Gonna be super disappointed if Super Miku's music is just the invincibility theme recycled instead of a custom track.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Congratulations on getting Super Miku, Chorps, and the proceeding to never use her :mad:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
that was probably my least favourite level in the original game, but then I just don't really like any of the water levels.

nine-gear crow posted:

Congratulations on getting Super Miku, Chorps, and the proceeding to never use her :mad:

the worst sin

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Fun fact about the Noid: the reason Domino's pizza retired the Noid mascot was because a schizophrenic guy named Kennith Noid believed the entire campaign was designed specifically to mock him, and he eventually retaliated by breaking into a Domino's pizza place with a pistol and taking the employees hostage in a 5-hour standoff that ironically ended with him stealing two pizzas and falling asleep after eating them.

Spookyelectric fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 2, 2019

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
e: double post due to forums weirdness

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 2, 2019

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
e: triple post due to forums weirdness

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 2, 2019

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Huh, I'd have thought Noid was retired for being an ugly goblin who's schtick is destroying delivery food before it arrives. Not things you want associated with you, even if you're saying "No, it's our competitors who are like this".

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Elfface posted:

Huh, I'd have thought Noid was retired for being an ugly goblin who's schtick is destroying delivery food before it arrives. Not things you want associated with you, even if you're saying "No, it's our competitors who are like this".

I mean, Dominos has desperately tried several times in the last decade to rebrand itself as something other than "that garbage cardboard tasting pizza you only order if Pizza Hut is too busy and you're too lazy to drive down to Little Caesar's." So it's in their wheelhouse at least.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean, Dominos has desperately tried several times in the last decade to rebrand itself as something other than "that garbage cardboard tasting pizza you only order if Pizza Hut is too busy and you're too lazy to drive down to Little Caesar's." So it's in their wheelhouse at least.

I mean, it's worked. they passed Pizza Hut in sales in 2017, and they have better toppings, at least in my area, since Pizza Hut cut down a bunch and has now resorted to selling those weird Cheese-It monstrosities

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Yeah, Pizza Hut is the bottom of the barrel choice in my area nowadays. They and Domino's have switched places since I was a kid.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Today, it's time to rope and ride as we enter the DLC Dunes! First up, Miku and Tails have to face off against the combined powers of the Project Diva DLC roster, each of which wants the chance to be the face of the Vocaloid empire! Then, Miku stops for a refreshing drink to cool down, only to find herself in the middle of another mascot rivalry...

Episode 5 Music Mashups
DLC Dunes Act 1
After Burner Theme (covered by Meiko)

DLC Dunes Act 2
Mirage Saloon Act 2 x Triple Baka x Blackjack

Pepsea Max Act 1
Oil Ocean Act 1 x Pepsiman Main Theme x Life Funk Demo

Pepsea Max Act 2
Oil Ocean Act 2 x Pepsiman Stage 5 Theme

nine-gear crow posted:

She'll appear when the time comes.

Elfface posted:

Well also the Noid got into a destructive drug addiction. Thankfully, he returned with a new outlook on life, documented in Yo! Noid II: Enter the Void.

ChorpSaway fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 3, 2019

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Miku should invade more games. Instead of Project Diva, she's actually the protagonist of Breath Of The Wild: Master Quest. She's actually who you play as in the next Solitaire. She's John Cena's new tag-team partner.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
This is one of the most fun LPs I've seen here in months :3: I'm glad to take this journey with Hatsune Miku, noted creator of Minecraft.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ManlyGrunting posted:

This is one of the most fun LPs I've seen here in months :3: I'm glad to take this journey with Hatsune Miku, noted creator of Minecraft.

Excuse me, but she is the President of Pizza. I'm not sure where you're getting your information from.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Miku is both President of Pizza and the creator of Minecraft.

She is very accomplished.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
She is many things to many people. Much like the ancient Greeks recognized the entire pantheon but would individually worship particular gods, so too are Miku's sects divided amongst those who praise a particular accomplishment.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I've decided that Miku's name is actually a reference to Queen's science fiction folk ballad '39. Prove me wrong.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FractalSandwich posted:

I've decided that Miku's name is actually a reference to Queen's science fiction folk ballad '39. Prove me wrong.

Miku comes from an alternate reading of the kanji for 未来, which is usually read as mirai, translated as "future." Combined with Hatsu 初, meaning "first," and Ne 音 meaning "sound," 初音ミク roughly translates to "The first sound of the future"

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

Shadow definitely drinks Coke Zero, I mean, look at him.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Miku comes from an alternate reading of the kanji for 未来, which is usually read as mirai, translated as "future." Combined with Hatsu 初, meaning "first," and Ne 音 meaning "sound," 初音ミク roughly translates to "The first sound of the future"
In my heart, I know I'm right. Your so-called "evidence" and "basic critical thinking" will never sway me.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Jade Rider posted:

Shadow definitely drinks Coke Zero, I mean, look at him.

So, I guess Knuckles is the one that drinks regular coke. And not that hfcs swill either. But then, what's the Master Emerald representing (other than Echidonia)?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Mountain Dew? Knuckles seems like he'd have a gamer's level of patience and restraint.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

Geemer posted:

So, I guess Knuckles is the one that drinks regular coke. And not that hfcs swill either. But then, what's the Master Emerald representing (other than Echidonia)?

The Master Emerald is clearly representing 7-Up.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Jade Rider posted:

The Master Emerald is clearly representing 7-Up.

Where's our long awaited Cool Spot crossover, Sega?

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

We may have defeated the rogue Vocaloids last time, but it looks like they're not the only idols looking to overthrow Miku's reign! Miku suddenly finds herself in the middle of an illegal gacha mining operation, where some competitors are looking to smash, drill and stomp her into submission. Then, she finds a clue to where the head of Crypton Future Media is hiding: a supermarket chain store hidden on the dark side of the moon. Can Miku navigate the aisles and discounts in order to find the one responsible for this mess, and can she make him fix everything?

Episode 6 Music Mashups
Mobage Mine Act 1
Lava Reef Act 1 x Days (Poppin' Party Arrange)

Mobage Mine Act 2
Lava Reef Act 2 x Futari no Kioku

Family Mart Madness Act 1
Metallic Madness Act 1 x Family Mart Jingle

Family Mart Madness Act 2
Metallic Madness Act 2 x Miku (Anamanaguchi)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
There's only one way a giant Mechu Hatsune can be defeated... by a Kaiju Hatsune! Has she ever teamed up with Godzilla?

Very late edit: Also I assumed Mobage was a portmanteau of 'Mobile Garbage' on account of the money-sink gacha and how every waifu-inducing franchise has to have one to get in cheap. Like MMOs and Kart Racers before them.

Elfface fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
A word of warning: under no circumstances should you confuse Minase Iori, the Idolmaster character, with Minase Inori, the voice actor. That's a deadly trap indeed.