Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«26 »
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Crook County

Bring in ScarJo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

ruddiger posted:

Bring in ScarJo.
And ScarJo's stunt double.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

What is this hippy-dippy BS? We're here to save lives, not teach yoga or start a rave.

Hell Gem

No, Mary's actress can play Batwoman and ScarJo can play Mary.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007

Cybernetic Crumb

SardonicTyrant posted:

And ScarJo's stunt double.

Katheryn Winnick?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

That man has the largest penis I have ever seen. I actually don't even know if he has mumps, forgot to look. I was distracted - by the largest penis I have ever seen

muscles like this! posted:

Maybe Henry Cavill for The Witcher?

That was the first one that came to mind. He was loud about that before the show started coming together.

Oh and Rosario Dawson with that Star Wars character.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 23, 2020

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

Quit slapping me! You old wench!!!

Just cast me imho I am Very Gay and already in Vancouver.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Mahershala Ali called Marvel and said "hey I'm Blade now" so there is that.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!

Fallen Rib

Welp, Jade Tailor has confirmed she meets the LGBTQ criteria.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

muscles like this! posted:

Although I do kind of wonder, how often does an actor publicly campaigning for a character actually work out?

The most successful actor driven campaign is probably Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool, where he even got a scene produced and released as a teaser trailer and went viral, and the reception got producers onboard with a crazy project with unlikely success they otherwise wouldn’t have touched with a ten foot pole.

The saddest has to be Nic Cage’s lifelong pursuit of the part as Superman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

kjetting posted:

The most successful actor driven campaign is probably Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool, where he even got a scene produced and released as a teaser trailer and went viral, and the reception got producers onboard with a crazy project with unlikely success they otherwise wouldn’t have touched with a ten foot pole.

Ryan Reynolds was Deadpool in 2009. And that footage was video game test footage, it wasn't live action.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

red bird

Rhyno posted:

Ryan Reynolds was Deadpool in 2009. And that footage was video game test footage, it wasn't live action.

He was still involved in its production and its "leaking" to the public. X-Men Origins had killed any prospect of a Deadpool movie cold, so Reynolds went to work trying to revive it, and he worked his rear end off for it. After Green Lantern, his career was basically dead so yeah he had to lobby like crazy to win back a role he'd already had and then seemingly lost.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

nine-gear crow posted:

He was still involved in its production and its "leaking" to the public. X-Men Origins had killed any prospect of a Deadpool movie cold, so Reynolds went to work trying to revive it, and he worked his rear end off for it. After Green Lantern, his career was basically dead so yeah he had to lobby like crazy to win back a role he'd already had and then seemingly lost.

I don't deny any of that but the previous post was quite inaccurate. He had still already been Deadpool which is the only reason people were so hype for the idea.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Rhyno posted:

I know. Even more reason that the campaign was so impressive. The character was already played by him in that Wolverine movie and universally hated, and he STILL got it made.

The question was if any actor campaign for a part had ever been successful, and I think RR did the god tier of actor campaigns, by not only running a campaign for a part in an existing project, but campaigning for the project itself to be put into motion under his creative control.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

esperterra posted:

Just cast me imho I am Very Gay and already in Vancouver.

Whom amongst us

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

he knows...

kjetting posted:

I got a kick out of him in Teen Titans

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

Tortured By Flan

Whatever the official reason is, I'm glad she got out of this deathtrap of a production.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zesty posted:

Whatever the official reason is, I'm glad she got out of this deathtrap of a production.

Yeah if they don't cool it they're either going to lose any shot of getting an actress they want or get a stuntwoman killed

Maybe both

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT CORTANA WILL BE A CIRCLE AND NOT THE ACTUAL SEXY WOMAN FROM THE GAME.

What happened to make this show more dangerous vs Arrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007

Cybernetic Crumb

The Lord Bude posted:

What happened to make this show more dangerous vs Arrow?

It isn't. It just happened to have a pair of more serious injuries only one of which was stunt related. Pretty much every action series has its share of stunt injuries, Ruby just got extra unlucky, and that PA that had a lift or crane or whatever dropped on her even more so since she did end up paralyzed.

Even Amnell had a fairly serious injury early when they were doing more jumping off of roofs

«26 »