Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The cave didn't bother me as much as how she found it. If you have to twist and lock the display a certain way to open the passage, why move it and draw suspicion in the first place?

I hope Luke Fox doesn't stay such a weeny, either. I get they need to show Kane's character as super smart and able, but having her chump the guy left in charge by her cousin was a bit much. They should've just had her already in on the Bruce/Batman thing. If Luke Fox know, why not his favorite cousin too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Kate not knowing was more because she has an estranged relationship with Bruce then anything else, isnt it? Either way, she figured it out, so whatever.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

nine-gear crow posted:

It’s been BatLore for a while now that Bruce built multiple Bat Caves in key places around Gotham so that he’d have access to his suit and tech at a moment’s notice no matter where he was in town. The main cave is probably still there under Wayne Manor, the one under Wayne Enterprises is just the one that Kate happened to find.
Alright, I'll take it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ruddiger posted:

The cave didn't bother me as much as how she found it. If you have to twist and lock the display a certain way to open the passage, why move it and draw suspicion in the first place?

I think Luke was in the middle of cleaning it when she barged in.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why were the cops firing at the submerged police van?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why were the cops firing at the submerged police van?

It was black and they're cops.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer
I loved that there was none of this tedious "try and hide the Wayne/Batman association" nonsense, with secret tunnels hidden by independently moving vines or whatever. gently caress it! Let's just drive a motorbike into the disused WayneTech skyscraper carpark while wearing a batsuit.

Fumblemouse fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 15, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

It was black and they're cops.

:spittake:

drat dude.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I KNEW WONDER WOMAN HAD TO EXIST IN THIS SHOW!

Also, Alice is a former Crow!? I wonder how she quit that gig. I'm also wondering the REAL reason the cops were firing at the car in the water.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

ded posted:

Is it wrong that I read the threadtitle as barrowman is a lady?

well

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't you hear?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Vietnamwees posted:

I KNEW WONDER WOMAN HAD TO EXIST IN THIS SHOW!

Also, Alice is a former Crow!? I wonder how she quit that gig. I'm also wondering the REAL reason the cops were firing at the car in the water.
She's not a Crow, she's the head Crow's missing daughter.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

twistedmentat posted:

Ah, on both.

Also in shape bearded white guys all look the same, I though Alice's boyfriend was also one of the Crows.

Chuck Dodgson :v::v::v::v:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AERwgNvgMmc

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SardonicTyrant posted:

She's not a Crow, she's the head Crow's missing daughter.

Pretty sure they show in the flashback that he made up the story about them finding skull fragments in a hope that Kate would stop looking.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I was thinking about it this morning, and it's frustrating that the stepmother is involved in some scheme because we know nothing about her. She's shown up for all of five minutes so far and her only characterization is "is the stepmother". We can ask why, if she's concerned with appearances or there's some grander scheme, what her motivation might be, but it's useless beyond even the more typical speculation for such a plot because she's only slightly more interesting of a whodunnit than if it had been someone we'd actually never seen before.

The episodes have been busy to fit things in, but I think you need to at least establish where someone fits in the puzzle before you reveal a betrayal like that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea that's why I was confused by who she was. We know the younger stepsister with her Lee Tompkin's clinic, but all we know about the older one is that she's more materialistic, but the mom? Who knows? Maybe if we saw a scene of her talking to the Dad that suggested she was either trying to undermine or manipulate him.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The step mom is extremely rich, do you need any other reason to explain why she's shady?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

The step mom is extremely rich, do you need any other reason to explain why she's shady?

Sorta? Even in Arrow, it didn't turn out Merlyn was shady until after a few episodes iirc. Ollie's mom too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Yea that's why I was confused by who she was. We know the younger stepsister with her Lee Tompkin's clinic, but all we know about the older one is that she's more materialistic, but the mom? Who knows? Maybe if we saw a scene of her talking to the Dad that suggested she was either trying to undermine or manipulate him.

I think you've been tripped up by a divergent character. There's only one stepsister, Mary, but she's leading a double life (or maybe just a complex character, not implying a full Batman divergence) between being a social media princess and running an underground clinic.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Sorta? Even in Arrow, it didn't turn out Merlyn was shady until after a few episodes iirc. Ollie's mom too.

It's been a long time since I've watched the first season of Arrow, but didn't we see the wreckage of the yacht at the end of the pilot?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
God, that surplus Bibleman cowl is still so terrible. Looks like a goddamned pumpkin.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Phylodox posted:

God, that surplus Bibleman cowl is still so terrible. Looks like a goddamned pumpkin.

The wig and the proper Batwoman cowl is coming next week, so it’s time is mercifully over.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Phylodox posted:

Well from the looks of the preview for the next episode, we're finally gonna see the Batwoman with the red wig.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Finally. I mean it's been almost a year since she debuted in that costume.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bruceski posted:

I think you've been tripped up by a divergent character. There's only one stepsister, Mary, but she's leading a double life (or maybe just a complex character, not implying a full Batman divergence) between being a social media princess and running an underground clinic.

Oh, at breakfast there was two women, one is the mom of course i don't know why i thought she was only slightly oder than Mary.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Phylodox posted:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

It's been a long time since I've watched the first season of Arrow, but didn't we see the wreckage of the yacht at the end of the pilot?

Initially, it was a mystery as to why the Queen's Gambit sank. Only that it did and everyone but Laurel's sister got off (we learn the next season that was incorrect). Rereading the summary of the Pilot, and it looks like I was wrong about how long it took for Ollie's mom to seem suspicious. It was literally the end of the first episode. Reading the synopses, in Arrow, there were also a lot fewer plates and subplots spinning than how it currently seems in Batwoman. Initially, Diggle, Thea, and Tommy all show up but their characterization is a lot simpler given their relative role at that point and it more or less suited the needs of the episode in question and didn't seem to rush it (though part of this was Ollie seemingly being much more capable from the beginning compared to Kate).

I kinda agree now with the complaints that everything felt rushed. But more precisely, lots of characters were introduced, but not all of them were introduced in a way that connected back to Kate directly. Kate's stepmom was essentially a non-entity in the first two episodes and yet the stinger was meant to feel significant when it wasn't. Mary is much more present, but she's not had enough time to develop despite all of the character details that seem to be foisted on her. Luke Fox is there, but there's literally no explanation as to why. And the opening two scenes the one with Kate doing escape training and the ceremony for the spotlight breaking are so disconnected, you could've put them in two different episodes or seasons.

The more I reflect on the series so far, the less optimistic I'm getting. At least Alice was more or less fully characterized in her present state. How she got there is still a mystery, but as an audience, we pretty much know what makes her tick and that's probably more than most of the major cast.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Oh, at breakfast there was two women, one is the mom of course i don't know why i thought she was only slightly oder than Mary.

From what I could dig up, the actress for Mary was born in '91, and the actress for the Step-mom was born in the 1980s. So yeah, the actresses are old enough to be sisters, but are playing a mother and daughter.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

The wig and the proper Batwoman cowl is coming next week, so it’s time is mercifully over.

Oh thank gods.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Isn't she supposed to be a defense contractor? Although I can't remember that being stated in the show...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How many of the critics on Rotten Tomatoes were bribed to give this good reviews? The scores for this and Joker should be inverse :psyduck:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Umm... did they just casually confirm that Wonder Woman exists in the Arrowverse?

Yup. Also the existence of Robin (Vesper voiceover gives as one possible sarcastic excuse for the supposedly returned Batman not showing up to the Alice In Chains Bridge bombing ‘was he at Robin’s high school graduation?’)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Grouchio posted:

How many of the critics on Rotten Tomatoes were bribed to give this good reviews? The scores for this and Joker should be inverse :psyduck:

It’s pulling a 70% fresh average among actual television critics so far and drat strong ratings for a basic cable super hero show on Sunday nights. It’s got 5000+ 1-star reviews from the “audience” because fragile men are incredibly angry that [template: woman doing thing], so they’ve registered a bajillion sockpuppet accounts on RT and have went to town trying to fool the internet into thinking everyone hates this show (actual audiences and critics seem to love this show so far).

It’s basically the same thing they did for Captain Marvel but for TV now.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

nine-gear crow posted:

It’s got 5000+ 1-star reviews from the “audience” because fragile men are incredibly angry that [template: woman doing thing], so they’ve registered a bajillion sockpuppet accounts on RT and have went to town trying to fool the internet into thinking everyone hates this show (actual audiences and critics seem to love this show so far).

Well, I've got to say, it really shows how desperate and pathetic these SJWs are that they built that time machine and went back to 1956 to make Batman a woman.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Mods please change the thread to Lesbian Ninja Retreat. Thank you.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

So Bruce Wayne built a suit of invincible armor, he then built a gun to defeat the invincible armor, I'm assuming this ends with gorillas who die out when winter hits.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

So Bruce Wayne built a suit of invincible armor, he then built a gun to defeat the invincible armor, I'm assuming this ends with gorillas who die out when winter hits.

Bruce Wayne making guns is a new thing altogether given how he's been traditionally vehemently opposed to using/developing guns

Edit: Mary does the Bruce Wayne moonlighting socialite thing and it's not terrible.

Riddler reference. Also they just sorta tell you all about Elliot's thing and it's so utterly anti-climactic.

Edit2: Is it possible to make Sophie more hateable? Goddamn.

Otoh, I'm warming up a lot to Mary

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 21, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So wait, is that is that it? Is Hush dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Oh no he’s alive. Okay.