Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Solid pilot but jesus gently caress is that costume awful.

Am I looking at that shitshow all season or are we going to transition to the red haired Elseworld's variant soon? Please say yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I don't think this is necessarily CW being different than other networks - shooting a network action drama for 20+ episodes each year takes a hell of a toll on people.

Its a tradeoff in that you get a super secure role but also have to basically turn away any other acting roles - Amell is kind've the exception in that he was the very definition of a workhorse who could handle that grind.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Haven't watched anything beyond last year's crossover - will this fill the Arrow sized hole in my heart?

And is this like good Arrow or bad arrow (Season 6)?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm only four episodes into the first season and I really only have two thoughts. 1) they clearly did not inherit Arrow's fight choreography and 2) The actress playing Alice is exponentially better than 90% of the cast

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Do the action scenes get better? The lack of James Bamford is really hurting these season 1 episodes

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm five episodes in to season 1 and uh... does this get better?

The only character who's really working for me is Alice, but the fact that every episode has Kate confronting her and then letting her go.... only for Alice to murder more people.... is like a parody of a parody of a parody of the relationship between Batman and Joker.

I started watching because I miss Arrow dearly, but this isn't doing the trick at all. And I stuck through arrow all the way through even during the Diaz!!!! season.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

This weirdly reminds me of how Netflix's Marvel shows were the great BIG future of superhero storytelling and then in, like, a year the universe went to complete poo poo.

Hard not to see the parallels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Klungar posted:

I mean, as the spiritual progenitors of the Disney+ shows and stuff like The Boys, it's hard to say that they weren't the vanguard of the future of superhero storytelling.

Oh, totally! Daredevil and Jessica Jones' first seasons are high watermarks.