Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

nine-gear crow posted:

I’m really enjoying how heavy they’re leaning into how Chicago Gotham is. Anything that tracks back to the Dark Knight is fantastic.

gently caress man. In Elseworlds Wayne tower was 230 N. Michigan Ave. and NOW it's the Board of Trade? It's like they think we're morons or something.

To be fair though, the CBOT is the most Batman:TAS building in the world.

It's even got a blimp by it!

Also was the Crowe HQ supposed to be Trump Tower or was that just a bad establishing shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah it’s bullshit that Mary isn’t looped in to this and Sophie is. She’s awesome and Sophie is garbage.

They’re gonna push poor Mary into supervillains, Thea style.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Phylodox posted:

Then again, Supergirl played it real coy at first with the “your cousin” bullshit and look how that turned out. In a couple years we may have a tiny Batman series.

I'm really curious what he's going to look like if Kate can wear his suit with a half hour of alterations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

TwoPair posted:

Tyler seems like an okay (if boring) guy who just wanted to get married but then stumbled rear end backwards into a CW show. Poor bastard.

Bring back Eddie Thawne for Crisis so he’s got a drinking buddy.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I'm afraid they're going to say things are too complicated without all this evil twin bullshit having and off Beth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDKA97GcGpM&t=25s

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

BrianWilly posted:

Have there been other shows where they've replaced the actual lead headlining main character like this? I can only remember Spartacus, which was an understandable situation.

Post Crisis, the Kane family is Time Lords.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Xelkelvos posted:

I feel like they should have Alice's character make a heel turn, but at this point they wrote her as so irredeemable it might be extremely difficult (I mean, they did it with Dahrk and Merlyn, but it took a while).

That'd be a "Face" turn. She's already a heel.

I'm gonna jump in a hole now.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

twistedmentat posted:

I like how Luke doesn't know who Victor Zsaz is, but as soon as Ryan says his name, Luke knows everything about Zsaz. Really?

Also I don't think Bill Burr was a good choice for Zsaz.

It was Bill Burr doing a David Spade voice for some reason.

I miss Anthony Carrigan

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Batwoman: ACAB

Batwoman: I'm going to hang out with Crows while they try to beat information out of a guy until he suicides.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

muscles like this! posted:

Except she didn't want to and then at the end of the episode said that she's not working with them again.

Why didn't she say it when she was witnessing the police brutality, and not later when she heard about the other police brutality?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

TwoPair posted:

Jesus I thought this season had promise at the start but it's just getting worse and worse with each episode. And now as though they weren't already twisting themselves in knots trying to explain why nobody kills/arrests Alice, they're gonna give her a redemption arc? Man at this point I'm actively hate watching this show.

Maybe, but they straight up say "You were going to love again but then our hypnotist specifically made you a cold evil gang leader who is obsessed with Alice in Wonderland". So yeah, they make Safiyah responsible for everything Alice has done in the show up to this point.

Yeah seems like a lovely way to take away her agency. I wonder if they’ll try for a redemption arc or just make her go “I can be a crazy as I want and I can say it’s not my fault!” And let her keep hamming it up.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

twistedmentat posted:

I went looking for opinions outside of SA and i found a lot of people thinking Alice will become the next Batwoman.

If the show was Alice-Batwoman doing Alice stuff while Mary and Luke grab their heads in frustration or facepalming constantly, maybe that would be the best version of the show?

Like that one episode of Jessica Jones where Kilgrave tries to be "good".

But yeah, that would give Javicia Leslie the shaft, so that would suck too.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So this whole island hates electricity except for their Internet of Things zipties?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
You’d think med student and shady medic Mary would be used enough to blood to grab the dang plant.

Also maybe if your magic flowers are so flammable, don’t light think whole garden with tiki torches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

ShakeZula posted:

I don't think it was "grossed out by blood" as much as "scared that assassin lady was going to wake up and grab her."

Oh it was played for laughs so I figured she was out cold.