Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

WWE
had
a
non-finish
and
a
DQ
in
back
to
back
Hell
in
a
Cell
main
events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh my God that ratio :eyepop:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Did all this actually happen, this seems like a, book a match so bad itll shuttle the company

And also Orton, yikes

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

This tweet is evergreen. Just quote it after every WWE show now.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

AEW airs Wednesdays at 8pm ET on TNT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihP7QCwuk8k

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Bray Wyatt sucks so loving much. A fun gimmick for a taped segment of two. But the dude legit has like several worst match of the year candidates to his name over the last few years. He sucks soooooooooo loving hard. Deserves to win worst gimmick in the WO awards like Kane did several times back in the day.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol Dave is great

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1181031372212723712?s=19

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
At least fans aren't talking about the Kofi Kingston thing anymore.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i legit liked the stupid idiot match until the DQ finish, and then i loved it more than anything in my entire life except my cats and anime phone games

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Personally I thought Bray came out looking good. Kind of like when the Undertaker would take everything the other guy had and sit up.

But yeah, that match was some January 2001 WCW poo poo.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i want peoples honest opinion - if that hadn't been a dq, but instead bray did the sit-up and got a mandible claw KO would people have liked it better

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

lol

lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wow, glad I didn't watch that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/jaygeecombatfan/status/1181032597415219200

This reply is less than 10 minutes old and has over 1000 likes

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Tato posted:

Bray Wyatt sucks so loving much. A fun gimmick for a taped segment of two. But the dude legit has like several worst match of the year candidates to his name over the last few years. He sucks soooooooooo loving hard. Deserves to win worst gimmick in the WO awards like Kane did several times back in the day.

yeah I think tonight's match kind of cemented that worst gimmick win in the WO awards.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Tato posted:

Somehow the House of Horrors match was better than this (and the Mania match too!)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
How do they ALWAYS do this? They book matches that they don't want either guy to lose, so they overthink it and wind up with BOTH ending up losing all the heat they had. JUST loving HAVE ONE PERSON WIN.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

uncurable mlady posted:

i want peoples honest opinion - if that hadn't been a dq, but instead bray did the sit-up and got a mandible claw KO would people have liked it better

yes, 100% yeah i would have. probably in the minority but i wanted them to go all in on the Horror Movie Villain aspect of the fiend

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Honestly the show sounded good other than that DQ

Like Lynch vs Banks sounds like it was a great match

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tato posted:

His gimmick is good, he's had good matches, but whoever plans these overbooked ~spoooky~ gimmick matches involving him needs to stop.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rovert posted:

At least fans aren't talking about the Kofi Kingston thing anymore.

I hope they keep making progressively worse decisions on every show - that's the only entertainment value they have left

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

Well yes, because someone would have looked good at the end.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Imagine booking a guy to kick out of like 30 finishers and then he doesn't win anyway

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

If theres any reason why one shouldnt be a company stan or bootlicker, the finish to this show is as clear of proof as anything.

For months, WWE has done seemingly the unthinkable for themselves and established an intriguing character in The Fiend. Following his terrorizing of wrestlers and legends, he finally meets Seth Rollins in Hell in a Cell, arguably the most dangerous match type where rules are thrown out the window.

How does the match end? With a goddamn DQ/no-contest. Rollins was too violent in a match that saw a man crash through the roof into the canvas below, and thats what we get? The crowd was absolutely in the ring to rain down with AEW chants. Im honestly disappointed they didnt start throwing garbage in the ring for how lovely this ending was.

This show put me in a really bad mood and it did for many others, too.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

MotU posted:

yes, 100% yeah i would have. probably in the minority but i wanted them to go all in on the Horror Movie Villain aspect of the fiend

same honestly! i thought it was really good until the end. given how into it the crowd was, they'd probably have blown the roof off the arena if bray had done a sit-up after all the weapon spots

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

uncurable mlady posted:

i wanted them to restart the match my friend

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

I genuinely think the main event is the worst professional wrestling match ever. The red light on red cage, it was boring for long periods, buried both wrestlers and anyone who ever wrestles them again. This is all ignoring the impossibly bad finish.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1181034495367090177

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I hope they keep making progressively worse decisions on every show - that's the only entertainment value they have left

Seth has taken this approach to his tweets

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1177382404249595904

Becky and Sasha was an honest WWE MOTYC

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

a.lo posted:

If theres any reason why one shouldnt be a company stan or bootlicker, the finish to this show is as clear of proof as anything.

For months, WWE has done seemingly the unthinkable for themselves and established an intriguing character in The Fiend. Following his terrorizing of wrestlers and legends, he finally meets Seth Rollins in Hell in a Cell, arguably the most dangerous match type where rules are thrown out the window.

How does the match end? With a goddamn DQ/no-contest. Rollins was too violent in a match that saw a man crash through the roof into the canvas below, and thats what we get? The crowd was absolutely in the ring to rain down with AEW chants. Im honestly disappointed they didnt start throwing garbage in the ring for how lovely this ending was.

"It's Hell ... IN A CELL!"
"No wait, that's too much Hell!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

Imagine booking a guy to kick out of like 30 finishers and then he doesn't win anyway

No, you see, he WON because Seth hit him with a weapon in A HELL IN THE CELL MATCH.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly the show sounded good other than that DQ

Like Lynch vs Banks sounds like it was a great match

Becky/Sasha was good, Roman and Bryan/Loucarper and Ginger Workhorse was pretty fun once it became a brawl, Kabuki/Bliss and Cross had MIST, everything else ranged from mediocre to

well

all red everything

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
This red tinted poo poo show.
The house of horrors.
The WM worm canvas.
The awful Wyatt Compound tag match.
Beating Dean Ambrose with a hologram.
The Cena cage match with a singing kid.

I never. Ever. Want to see another Bray match again. He loving SUCKS

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

a.lo posted:

It put me in a good mood because :lol: WWE deserves all it gets for insulting their fans and putting out a poo poo product.

And that's still before all the Saudi bullshit and other terrible things they do.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

uncurable mlady posted:

Absolutely. He was on the ground way too long. He should of popped up and stop the ref from calling the DQ and then just body Seth. The DQ just him look weak and stupid.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I legit thought Liv Morgan was coming out as Sister Abigail and let's face it, that would've been the far superior finish

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

the utter contempt WWE has for their audience good lord

It's genuinely unlike anything I've ever seen.

That show started out surprisingly fun and then just dove and dove, and when it could dive no further it got out a fuckin' backhoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rovert posted:

Seth has taken this approach to his tweets

He should have left it deleted for his own good