Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I am impressed with the writing for Jen by not dragging out some CW drama stuff and just coming clean to her dad. Also Odell still needs to die

I am really liking Brendan. "Do I get a suit?" "What will my name be?" I hope he doesn't die / get sidelined for Khalil

LaLa and Lady Eve are back

Hey, she was totally ready for the completed expected double cross by Tobias. I'll give her points for that.

Yeah, that was really great. Her no selling Tobais's punch was rad as hell. Her plan actually would have worked flawlessly if not for the Markovian blindside.

Glad to see we're finly getting a whole family team up from the Pierces next week. Its been a long time coming since the showdown at the Season 1 hinted at what they could be working together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

Xelkelvos posted:

I think it'll be a hard sell to try and move over characters from BL to any of the other CW-verse shows without them being voice only like Gideon's actress in Legends. That said I could seem them having Odell become Mister Bones and just have him do VA work over a guy with a CG mask and gloves.

I mean, Bill Duke seems like the kind of dude who'd say yes if they offered him another recurring slot on another Arrowverse show once his time on Black Lightning's up if they don't kill off Odell. So who knows. He's no stranger to filming stuff in Vancouver either.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

Oh poo poo, itís Wayne Brady son!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

howe_sam posted:

I hope TC sticks around, he's cool.

Yeah, that whole helicopter scene was pretty cool. I like the whole crew Jeffís put together.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

howe_sam posted:

Don't gently caress with Lynn.

Iím digging that she all but rescued herself. Also holy gently caress I love Khalil. Heís so good.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

So Tobias just slipped away and everyoneís like ďEh, gently caress him.Ē

Okay.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

Tiggum posted:

He seemed to be too well-developed to be a one-episode throwaway character.

News reports said he was going to be a recurring character when Wayne Brady was cast, so yeah we're gonna see Gravedigger in Freeland at some point.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

Xelkelvos posted:

Almost all of the metas on Flash are because of being bombarded by dark matter from the particle accelerator. One of the few exceptions on the show is Frost. There was one meta who showed up that was implied to have gotten their powers outside of the particle accelerator, but this was before Black Lightning even began.

Also ARGUS, the ASA, and the DEO all exist on the same world now, and the ASA has consistently shown itself to be the most malevolent of the three organizations, so it probably at some point in Earth-Prime's past obtained both the DEO and ARGUS's catalogs of metas with or without either one's consent. ...Though knowing Lex Luthor, he probably handed it over to them for a big fat paycheck because he's Lex loving Luthor.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

ApeHawk posted:

They're kinda throwing a big thing out for their third season finale. "This guy is the OG Meta, and he can have any power he wants, and HE'S YOUR GREAT-UNCLE!!!!"

They might just try to either repel him or get him to reconsider the seige of Freeland, to keep him on the Rogue's Gallery until later. I hope they do so, since Wayne Brady is great as Gravedigger.

I hope he sticks around too. That fight between him and Khalil was one of the best things the show's done in a long while, and the this show has had a long string of really get moments. Thankfully, since they've crossed the threshold of "is this show going to get a second season?" they've become more gunshy about killing off their stable of villains. Joey Toledo, Syonide, and Victoria all got toasted in Season 1 in shockingly rapid succession, same with Lady Eve and Lala but they're both back now.

What I'm saying is they really need to bring Joey and Syonide back. They were great.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

Season finale night tonight.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That was a good finale and I wonder if they thought they were going to get cancelled as it did wrap up basically every major plot.

Big bodycount tonight. Wow that was an unexpected end for Jameela Olsen and Dr. Jace. I'd say the same for Henderson but I saw the earlier spoiler about how his actor said he wasn't coming back for s4. lol Commander "I'm not a meta" Williams.

I'm glad it looks like next season will be LaLa and Tobias again(and maybe Lady Eve), unless they introduce some new threat.

Well this is like the third time theyíve done this now, and really they should keep writing every season finale like itís a series finale until they actually get cancelled because every time it produces some really powerful material and some decent closure on some plot lines.

Also lol at them ganking Dr. Jace. I guess Bendanís plotline is kind of going nowhere then. Henderson dying was really rough to watch, but he said he wasnít coming back so I kind of saw it coming. Hope heíd just like get a transfer to another city or something, drat.

Iím happy and terrified that Gravedigger survived. More Wayne Brady being pants shittingly terrifying, please.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

Xelkelvos posted:

This definitely felt like End of Series stuff and just like S1's finale, it wsa really loving good.

I guess Freeland is in the same state as Gotham or it's the biggest major city. A little weird as original BL was from a borough of Metropolis so idk.

The Earth Prime map shown on Flash has Freeland in Georgia basically where Atlanta is and Gotham in Illinois where Chicago is. So I don't think they're in the same state, no. I think it was just the BL producers showing that they can play nice with the Earth Prime setting now that they're officially a part of the Cool Kids Club. Still would have been fun to see maybe a character from Batwoman in the background, like Kate showing up to the hearing in her civvies to just give Jefferson a little nod on the way out of the courtroom.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

Season 4 will be Black Lightning's last.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

The one-two punch of Arrow ending and taking the tentpole out the whole CWverse with it and COVID-19 really seems like it's derailed everything at this point. I was looking forward to Black Lightning being a part of the bigger universe too and now, well, poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol knockoff Joey Telodo and Syanide

Season 1's biggest sin was icing the both of them because they were scared they wouldn't get a Season 2 pickup.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

Tiggum posted:

Is it just me or has this show gotten really hard to follow?

It's kind of been that way since mid-season 2. Ever since the Purdi/Sange arc. Like how Anissa moved out and into a massive apartment with a full on security AI off screen between episodes and it was never acknowledged at all.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 27, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I figured the Painkiller spinoff was greenlit due to how much they were showing this season, but I guess not.

Ah, so they pulled an Arrow and dedicated a whole chunk of their final season better suited to wrapping up other plotlines and characters to setting up a spin-off that will never be made. Brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

low vis

Spacebump posted:

I went through all of this show over the past few months and canít believe it wasnít more popular. This was easily the best Arrowverse show for 3 of 4 years it was on.

Enough canít be said about how great the music was on this show. I wish Anissa, Jefferson, Jen, or Khalil could join Legends of Tomorrow.

Season 1 was probably the best material the Arrowverse has ever put out, largely because of the gun they were under where they legitimately did not think they were getting a second season so they left it all on the court in their first outing. Also yeah, it would not surprise me that most of the budget went towards music licensing fees for the show. I knew we were truly in for something special when we got that shot of Lala just sitting at a red light when Joey Toledo and Syonide roll up and the soundtrack was blaring Ain't No Love In The Heart of the City. What a tone-setter for the reveal of Tobias.