Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sjs00 posted:

Like what the gently caress is up with our upbringings that we have this nebulous fear of our car getting towed just for parking somewhere? Is it some super centric view of the world that they think anyone actually gives a flying gently caress where you park your piece of poo poo car or what
i think this comes from people who had experience in college towns with these small-time tow mafias run by rednecks who get the run of the strip mall parking lots -- strip malls populated by quicken loans, joe's generic pizza and other greasy spoons, sports bars and so on

the solution as always is not to go to college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

GABA ghoul posted:

Americans drive cars with automatic transmissions and it gets all hosed up if you tow it. Same reason you can't tow an electric car, but different
joke's on everybody else because i drive a manual. i can be towed with no problems all day long!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

FungiCap posted:

I used to live in Arlington Viriginia where they have literal people (narcs) waiting in parking lots to see if you go to the "wrong" store for that parking lot and call a tow truck immediately which is there within only a few minutes.

For reference, this is the tow company that the ESPN reporter went ballistic on a few years ago:

https://deadspin.com/is-this-espn-reporter-britt-mchenry-berating-a-parking-1698248529

The rest of the country saw the freak out and lambasted her, but secretly most Arlington residents cheered.

They've been known to tow cars out of peoples own driveways, and even once tried to tow a car with a dad's kids in it when he went inside a CVS for a few minutes to get cold medicine:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Arlington-Tow-Truck-Driver-Hooks-Car-With-Children-Inside-298537061.html

I've had my own car towed from that same CVS because I went to get a coffee across the street first instead of going into the CVS that the parking lot was for. So in the 3 minutes it took to get a coffee my car was already gone for parking at a store I was actually going to buy something from lol.

So yes OP, I'm extremely loving scarred for life of my poo poo getting towed after living in Arlington VA.
i don't usually advocate violence on the forums but what the gently caress :murder: